It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! You're addicted to Political BS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Many topics on ATS seem to revolve around the latest information regarding political corruption. Sadly, I think you're all in for a rude awakening. All those crooks you're convinced are headed for prison aren't going anywhere. It's a waste of time and energy getting into heated debates over this issue as there is no winning side regardless of your party affiliation. There has been no ACCOUNTABILITY in Washington, DC for quite some time and that isn't changing anytime soon. I get that it's fun to imagine that certain someone will finally pay the piper but it's not likely to happen.

Whether it's Trump, Hillary, Obama, Bush, or whoever else your disdain is aimed towards, just let it go. They are never going to see the inside of a prison cell. Congresses of all parties have worked for decades shielding themselves from just about any situation with shady legislation. The alphabet agencies change allegiances with most elections which only adds to their history of corruption and falsified reports to start wars. This is most likely why so many immunity deals got handed out before any serious investigatin occurred. Washington insiders know too much from sitting on panels or having briefings with the heads of these intelligence agencies.

This is a soap opera brought to us, courtesy of the MSM while they (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc) each "report" their perspective of the same story because journalism be damned when you need to sell commercial slots. This will drag on until most of America loses all interest or the next new fidget spinner alternative is released. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see prosecutions of high profile politicians but I wouldn't hold your breath. At best we may see some firings and resignations but jail time is not likely. I ask that you indulge me by answering a few questions regarding these investigations, the corruption topics, and the damning proof found within them:

Do you have faith in an investigation of government officials by government officials?

Do you believe the government and it's citizens are treated as equals in the pursuit of justice when laws are broken?

What do you personally wish to see from all these investigations?

edit on 9-2-2018 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It is well known that there are 2 types of law for the US citizen. One is one of wealth and political connections and the other is for the common man.
What neither one can escape is the local "community shame" of their downfall. Both Clintons at a national level is one example. Also President Bush, the younger one, can not travel outside the US for fear of being detained for crimes against humanity. Do you people realize that?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It's bread and circus to keep people under the illusion that things are changing. Nothing is changing anytime soon. You hit the nail on the head with your OP and it is what I have been saying for the past year yet no one seems to listen or care for the most part, they continue to take the bait over and over again.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees the charade for what it is. S&F.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm sure they're just fine with people not liking them, their bank accounts are enough reason for them to not care. They would have never agreed to join the circus if they didn't want people gawking at them.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It's bread and circus to keep people under the illusion that things are changing. Nothing is changing anytime soon. You hit the nail on the head with your OP and it is what I have been saying for the past year yet no one seems to listen or care for the most part, they continue to take the bait over and over again.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees the charade for what it is. S&F.

The political scene is like the weather forecast, nothing really changes, the seasons come and go and will always come and go.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Neither side can hold the other accountable because they each have something to hide.

People think what we see now is bonkers. But the truth is, things are only just getting started. Only a matter of time for us to witness a whole new level of crazy.

History teaches little else.
edit on 9-2-2018 by BrokenGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Free beer and titties.
That is my platform.
Vote for me.
I will be honest.
The no-party Party.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenGlass
Neither side can hold the other accountable because they each have something to hide.

People think what we see now is bonkers. But the truth is, things are only just getting started. Only a matter of time for us to witness a whole new level of crazy.

History teaches little else.

What you are saying is very true. Alaska will be and Canada also will be a place to survive. Or an island with nice weather and fresh water.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

I gotta say I really don't understand this "Thank-you-may-I-have-another" defeatism as you bend over and grab your ankles... again and again and again and again... ad nauseum infinitum. And I hope and pray I never do. If that means you think I'm "addicted" to politics, then okay. I can live with that.

What I cannot live with (or bend over for) is the ever increasing corruption and crimes against humanity by these critters. No, we'll never get all of them for everything. But to give any of them a free pass is worse. And to... um... criticize those who actually have the backbone to stand up and make whatever difference they can is pretty darn low.

Maybe you don't have it in you to fight for and demand what is right. But I thank the Lord for those who do. If not for them, we have no idea how much worse it could be and would be for all of us.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Also President Bush, the younger one, can not travel outside the US for fear of being detained for crimes against humanity. Do you people realize that?

I'm not sure where you heard that, but it's not true. Dubya was just in Abu Dhabi giving a speech and claiming that Russia meddled in our elections. I don't follow his travels, but I'm pretty sure that trip wasn't an exception.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Also President Bush, the younger one, can not travel outside the US for fear of being detained for crimes against humanity. Do you people realize that?

I'm not sure where you heard that, but it's not true. Dubya was just in Abu Dhabi giving a speech and claiming that Russia meddled in our elections. I don't follow his travels, but I'm pretty sure that trip wasn't an exception.

I only know that what is put in front of us. But it does seem possible since it isn't East Asia.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I gotta say I really don't understand this "Thank-you-may-I-have-another" defeatism as you bend over and grab your ankles... again and again and again and again... ad nauseum infinitum. And I hope and pray I never do. If that means you think I'm "addicted" to politics, then okay. I can live with that.

What I cannot live with (or bend over for) is the ever increasing corruption and crimes against humanity by these critters. No, we'll never get all of them for everything. But to give any of them a free pass is worse. And to... um... criticize those who actually have the backbone to stand up and make whatever difference they can is pretty darn low.

Maybe you don't have it in you to fight for and demand what is right. But I thank the Lord for those who do. If not for them, we have no idea how much worse it could be and would be for all of us.

I spent over a decade in the 82nd Airborne. I've done my fair share of fighting. The Washington elite are untouchable and it's as simple as that. Voting in new congressmen doesn't change the status quo of The Hill as they will never vote for term limits, they put lobbyists before the people, and they already owe their financial donors (special interest groups) before they even get their seat. It's not a defeatest attitude. It's a realist attitude.

One good member in Congress for every 30 career politician won't cut it. I voted for Trump because he challenged the establishment Republicans and I believe he's the man for the job. I hope as hes leaving office be it in 2020 or a second term that he throws out some EOs that Americans will stand behind regarding term limits and lobbyists. The point of my OP is that the agencies in charge of keeping those in power honest are now bought and paid for and now political in nature themselves. My question is who do you believe in fighting for us and demanding what's right?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Breaking News! You're addicted to Political BS!

Really ? Which one of us started a thread on it ?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

"What do you personally wish to see from all these investigations?"

Seriously? - Two TV drama series, one soap opera, and at least one comedy!

And most important at least two billion in ad revenue for the news and TV series to follow.

So you see it all pays in the long run - No conflict, no revenue.

So don't worry - Be happy

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Thank you for your service

My question is who do you believe in fighting for us and demanding what's right?

Ourselves. Us. You and me and everyone else.

And I don't mean "2nd Amendment remedies." I mean standing up loud and proud for ourselves and each other, and creating a world where we take care of ourselves and each other. A world in which folks are independent, resourceful, and self-sufficient.

A world where we understand that anything govt has the power to do for us, they can (and will) also do to us.... so we make sure we can do for ourselves and not even put ourselves in that position.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

You got 2 choices essentially:

1) Revolt

2) Surrender

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

As are you,otherwise why make a post about it,very obvious,how snowflaky

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

As are you,otherwise why make a post about it,very obvious,how snowflaky

I think you're missing his message.

He's not saying don't care or ignore it, rather take a different approach.

We need to seperate ourselves from identity politics. The masses are losing the ability to look at an issue with their own perspective rather than their parties.

I think the OP was well worded and polite, I don't understand why you got so offended by a great post.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Flynn is being sentenced the first of March. So yeah, how is that going for you? The Uranium One deal is a sham, that gets a new thread every other day...

In the mean time on the Left side, even Bush Jr, says the Russians have been messing with us. If Don Jrs, Emails and meeting, doesn't show intent to collude, I don't know what does. Its not just that meeting, its emails, and other people in the trump camp in constant communication with Russia.

There will be prison time for at least some in trumps camp, and its already started.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm sure they're just fine with people not liking them, their bank accounts are enough reason for them to not care. They would have never agreed to join the circus if they didn't want people gawking at them.

Their bank accounts and the fact there is no repercussions for the responsibility they hold accept reelection.

We need term limits and other measures in place that are binding to replace Congress when they don't do their job, such as simply showing up to vote etc. Also, of they do not fulfill their duties to complete a budget on time then they are released.

I'm sure there are more we could introduce, but think about it..... Who would create those laws/measures.... The very people they affect

top topics

<<   2 >>

join