It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationalizing part of the stock exchange can balance the economy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Like a runaway high speed freight train splattering a pallet load of rotten tomatoes...

My panic pants are at the dry cleaners so I'm just going to enjoy the careening ride.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But the most common jobs outside of the HEAVY industry was textile mills (to process all that cotton), still hot as hell, little children down inside the machines. Hot. Dirt. Dust. Lose limbs. BS pay. Sick hours. Treated like dirt. Ask for a raise and get a pay cut. About the only relief they probably got was it was colder in winter so it might have actually been 'just about bearable' in winter inside. It was no accident all the steel mills and major factories were positioned in the north until about NAFTA when they sent them to Mexico (in the age of AC or is it Mexican sweat shop slave labor??).

This is actually the direction the economy has been heading in for many factory workers in todays world. I know people who work 72+ hours a week to pay for their kids and wife and still barely barely squeek by. Meanwhile the corporate overlords are laughing in their Ferrari's all the way to the bank.

Then there are very very very foolish people who come into threads like this and defend the people in the Ferrari's.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Then there are very very very foolish people who come into threads like this and defend the people in the Ferrari's.

If you had a Ferrari you wouldn't be bitching.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you had a Ferrari you wouldn't be bitching.

You're post is irrelevant and highlights a greater issue you yourself are ignorant of.

Oh, don't make me pick this apart and give you another shelacking.
edit on 7-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You're post is irrelevant and highlights a greater issue you yourself are ignorant of.

No, not really, most people who say something like, 'they have too much X' or 'they have a Y' typically don't have any X or a Y but wouldn't kick either out of their bank account or their garage.

Oh, don't make me pick this apart and give you another shelacking.

You can give me a 'shelacking' or a shellacking. I'll just sit in my car making it rain on myself.

edit on 7-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

edit on 7-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So by nationalize ... you mean you want to government to become part owners in every publicly traded company in the US?

There is a word for that when the government starts to have ownership stake in what used to be privately owned business.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The government should just outlaw further automation. Or regulate it in some way that makes it a money loser.

There is only a competitive advantage to automation when everyone else is doing it. You need to automate to drive down costs below your competition who is also automating.

... but if No one can automate than automation becomes irrelevant.... unless your goal is to concentrate wealth that is.

Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I have zero desire to have a Ferrari, absolutely none.

Do you really think that's an acceptable excuse to enslave people??

For a Ferrari? No. But I was always more of a Lambo guy so that would be very acceptable.

I actually have morals and I have been involved in running a family construction company for years and A I hate it and B we take good care of people who work for us.

Too bad you hate your career, I love mine.

Now, I'd write more but I'm off to the bar at the Hilton Netherlands for a $15 drink and then over to their restaurant for some foie gras, caviar and endangergly overfished halibut washed down with some top notch vino.

Anyone in Cincy is free to join me, the chow and booze are on your least favorite 1%er.

edit on 7-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

While you've 'been goofing off at the titty bar every night', I've been studying humanities darkest patterns (as a lifestyle). Which yet rule our world.

That work for over a decade now has been in light of the full implications of Accelerating Change. The impositions it poses on our little economics discussion here is only a little slice of that pie.

What I'm fairly certain of is, if we dont change culturally (rapidly culturally evolve basically for the first time ever), we dont 'take the power back' (which we've basically never had), and get square with our nature and those implications on this tech we apes are embarked on with religious crash course rapid fervor, then yeah we're ####ed in the next couple decades.

Our odds of surviving extinction this Century on our current trajectories, as-is (which is hardly any different than we were in the Bronze Age), is absolutely abysmal. Surviving past 2050 is even a long shot at this point.

Check out the aw of Accelerating Returns / the Technological Singularity, take a real good look at all that, that ever increasingly rapid evolution of technology already in effect already having us on the doorstep of beyond imagination tech evolution pace... when we havent evolved hardly as a special not even culturally int eh real world with sadist psychopathic elite masters whom rule the world and are religiosity hellbent on tech immortality (in an 'already' over-populated world)...

Good luck looking at the future with the same glasses as you watch TV with today and expecting its just going to all work itself out with us all selfishly obsessed, totally divided, happily controlled, and ready to go to war with whoever, as a species, armed with nukes and nanotech, while AGI systems are being built to control us.

Keep an eye on my video series all across all of history that applies to everything I just said will be revealed (included the best we've come up with as a species to try and soften it all projecting forwards)....
edit on 7-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

you mean you want to government to become part owners in every publicly traded company in the US?

Since you asked before making the assumption that I'm going to steal your bussiness the answer is no I don't want the government to own anything.

The People's Trust

Would invest in companies (as the government already does through grants, tax breaks, and other incentives such as direct subsidies) but rather than just give away my money without my input OUR trust would actually take a stake out in the company (who would have to go public) and get something in return for our investment.

What actually blows my mind is when right winger, start your own business you don't understand economics types come in and tell me I have no idea how business works don't understand that I think I should be getting something in return for my investment.

Why am I taking the financial risks with this company if I'm not getting a stake in ownership???

Why did I give Bank of America billions of dollars if I can't get a BOA stock portfolio??

Guess everyone isn't as business savvy as they claim.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Good luck looking at the future with the same glasses as you watch TV with today and expecting its just going to all work itself out with us all selfishly obsessed, totally divided, happily controlled, and ready to go to war with whoever, as a species, armed with nukes and nanotech, while AGI systems are being built to control us.

If it wasn't for us optimists you pessimists wouldn't have anyone saving humanity.

Now, I really do have to go and get that drink.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I really have to take a break right now to continue to prepare for a certification exam coming up in a few weeks and I am generally disgusted right now. I'll come back later to continue the conversation with you and Ket.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This is actually the direction the economy has been heading in for many factory workers in todays world. I know people who work 72+ hours a week to pay for their kids and wife and still barely barely squeek by. Meanwhile the corporate overlords are laughing in their Ferrari's all the way to the bank.

Yeah.

I'm not even sure what to do about the economics side of what's coming, but I do know that the same kind of thinking as days past in trying to make the future worth living in / to even survive it just isn't going to work.

It just isnt.

Yet we need to comprehend all the old just the same, and for several reasons.

We're going to have to consider all the old ideas, to come up with new ones, I've been surmising. And it snot like I havent been extremely critical of 'Neo-Communism' 1 2 in all this light.

Co-op concepts, decentralization being the best directions to try to go.

But that doesnt mean we should just chuck out the old schools. Now that doesnt mean we should go all in on Marx. But, for example, the issues that motivated Marx' and his kind, their thinking in the original days shouldn't be 'baby thrown out with the bath water'.

People were being seriously oppressed by the robberbarrons right up into the 20th Century, and we're by all measures back on that same track again globally.

The F'd up part is they're apparently creating an -actual- 'mandatory' "Pure Communism " (see my first link there) scenario. Meaning to even interpret what they're up to people should know the old schools as well as any and all new ones.
edit on 7-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Apart from exercising my creativity in the manner I have in this thread I actively won't purchase products from anyone who does not take care of their employees. I also am involved with my community in the city council.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
The government should just outlaw further automation. Or regulate it in some way that makes it a money loser.

There is only a competitive advantage to automation when everyone else is doing it. You need to automate to drive down costs below your competition who is also automating.

... but if No one can automate than automation becomes irrelevant.... unless your goal is to concentrate wealth that is.

Problem solved.

Automation in theory is good. How apply it in our system is the problem.

I believe in automation but not how it is being handled.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Problem solved.

Automation in theory is good. How apply it in our system is the problem.

I believe in automation but not how it is being handled.

Sure; if they automate everything and redistribute wealth so that all people benefit.... than automation could be real cool.

But since that will never happen it's much easyer just to out law automation.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If it wasn't for us optimists you pessimists wouldn't have anyone saving humanity.

Now, I really do have to go and get that drink.

Oh do enjoy yourself, but you had better stop and hear out those who devote their time to best understanding where we're going. Its on me! (it really really is lol)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join