It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A separate ats political site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I’ve been wondering for quite some time if it would be possible for ats to somehow separate the political threads which now make up about 75% of everything I see here, from the actual conspiracy theory or alternative threads that made ats great before the massive influx of people who would be better served visiting a political forum? I was lurking around here for years before I joined up and have seen a few different incarnations of ats ( hated them all at first but got used to them). This site used to be about things that the mainstream wouldn’t talk about, but now it’s just like coming to any forum anywhere, the only thing that makes it different is the great minds that are here. Is there a way to make ats a conspiracy site once again and have a separate ats political site?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yes! Make ATS great again!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: penfold

If you click "forums" at the top, you can view the topics that interest you.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The most compelling conspiracies of our time (regardless of your leaning) are mostly political.

A site that is known for discussing politics and conspiracies among a number of other alternative topics, and you want to separate the politics from this?

Good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok I have to admit that is an extremely good point.I suppose I should have posted this in the rant section because I was just venting my frustration at having to sift through thread after thread of “omg trumps done this” .

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

maybe go the other way.....

disinfo . com

guess who owns it

good site

😎

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I understand your frustration, I'm sure you're not alone and you posted it in the right forum here.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks for the link I clicked it had a look for a minute it looks like it could be entertaining if nothing else

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

ATS/BTS/PTS...blech.

Much simpler to choose the forums you like to participate in all under the same roof IMO.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It is all inter-related anyhow.

How can you discuss Aliens without discussing Government involvement.

Try leaving the Government out of Chem-trails.

Everything we discuss has political ramifications.

To put it another way, if the Government did not cover up everything, we wouldn't have many conspiracies left to discuss.

P

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

ATS/BTS/PTS...blech.

Much simpler to choose the forums you like to participate in all under the same roof IMO.
That is fair point, but I’ve always browsed through the new threads obviously looking more for the categories I’m more into but in between those I found many things that would catch my eye and lean me in a direction I wouldn’t have gone in otherwise. Nowadays I have been just going to certain forums but feel a little like something is missing from the ats experience

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

To put it another way, if the Government did not cover up everything, we wouldn't have many conspiracies left to discuss.

P
I agree politics encompasses every aspect of our lives but a lot of the politics on ats now is just bashing one party or the other

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
12 posts and nothing, really? I guess I'll say it.... Trump....

Carry on...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
but the political threads is what brings in the people and makes ATS all the money.

ATS wouldn`t survive on just bigfoot, UFO, ghosts and other nonsense threads.

like it or not ATS is now a political site.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Yes, and read the same threads over and over with maybe 1 or 2 new posts. That's what the NEW section is for.

If you're lucky, someone will post a light in the sky from some alt-SecureTeam group, and have 5 posts.

The new section has more, because not everyone know exactly where to post their content, thus thats where it is best to watch for things... lately, well, longly, it's been political.

And fair to that too, it's topical, but ATS may as well be AboveTopPolitics now.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

maybe go the other way.....

disinfo . com

guess who owns it

good site

😎

lol..

who knew..

good to know though !!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I`ve tried that but all the topics that interest me on here have newest posts that are 6 months old.
ATS is a political forum.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Do you post in those threads? Or are you simply reading them?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

⭐️
2nd

P

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Both sides in current American politics believe they are exposing conspiracies on the other side.
The Democrats think they are exposing the Russian conspiracy to elect Trump.
The Republicans think Donald Trump is going to expose all the others.
For the moment, then, politics and conspiracy are inseparable. As they used to say about love and marriage, they go together like a horse and carriage. You can't have one without the other.

edit on 2-2-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join