It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate the mud pit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
And so, some responses in this rant prove the entire premise of the OP.

Well done, gents.

Did you just assume my gender?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

And so, some responses in this rant prove the entire premise of the OP.

Well done, gents.

Did you just assume my gender?

Nice try.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I like apples .

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Ignore it all you want, you don't see me making threads there or attacking anyone on a personal level though do you? I don't pay attention to the forum a topic is posted in 99% of the time, the title is what catches my eye, though when I recognize the mud pit there's usually a trend and it seems to have infected the board altogether.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Please do...I await your pompous response.

On that note,this thread wasn't to debate you all...it was a rant because I'm pissed off.
Carry on.

I've always been told that its better to be pissed off than pissed on...

Hey - wait a minute -

Thats kinda where all this started!

Hmmmm??!!

Carry on...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I thought the mudpit was originally set up as a release valve for politics so other forums wouldn't have to deal with it, but it seems as if that has not worked and the mudpit has grown to infect the whole site.
At this point ATS might as well just be the mudpit it's creation has permanently changed the nature of ATS.
I'm sure because of it and the environment it breeds it has driven away many of the writers who would write about things other then their favorite political ideology being better then the opposing one.
I am rarely on here any more because I rarely see anything worth reading and to be fair I guess it has a lot to do with the mudpit mentality.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The mudpit is a sh1thole. There's also a negative side.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I only recently started posting in the mud pit and it's clear to me now it has a purpose... if you think it's about insulting people then you're missing the point and actually it's against T&C to insult people even on that forum, it's about criticizing ideologies and not individuals. The guidelines for that forum specifically states:

This is simple: The mud pit is not a place where members can personally insult each other. You can rip each other's politics up but you can't get personal just to slag someone you don't like.

If you cannot handle having your paradigms challenged then perhaps avoid that forum. However I do try to be respectful even in that forum, but when I feel the subject is something partisan or I need to dismantle an ideology I strongly disagree with then I will tend to use that forum so I don't have to hold back.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I only recently started posting in the mud pit and it's clear to me now it has a purpose... if you think it's about insulting people then you're missing the point and actually it's against T&C to insult people even on that forum, it's about criticizing ideologies and not individuals. The guidelines for that forum specifically states:

This is simple: The mud pit is not a place where members can personally insult each other. You can rip each other's politics up but you can't get personal just to slag someone you don't like.

If you cannot handle having your paradigms challenged then perhaps avoid that forum. However I do try to be respectful even in that forum, but when I feel the subject is something partisan or I need to dismantle an ideology I strongly disagree with then I will tend to use that forum so I don't have to hold back.

Attack the message , not the member...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 1-2-2018 by Liquesence because: No.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
it is what it is. as a moderator if u see it infecting other forums then smack it down hard everytime with a ban over some duration. i have zero problem with the mud pit. i understand exactly what it is. self police and smack these people down when u see that behavior in other forums. i call it out every chance i get and usually the troll disappears from the thread. self policing has always worked the best online cause it takes consensus within the community. the good guys will have that support while the trolls will get beat down by everyone who rallies around the person who is in the right. just takes community effort

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

just takes community effort

Since you brought up the mod thing,I will say this.

as a moderator if u see it

You are more right than you know....but,we don't see everything and rely on you...the member.
No person is an island...it takes a village.

edit on 1-2-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Good an proper rant. Also sans hypocrisy as you've no mud pit threads.

Unlike many of the ones cheering you on in premise!

I'm of the camp that is all for mud in the pit. However, nowhere else. To each their own.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, to be honest, DrumsRFun...it definitely illuminates which members only come here for for the Pit alone, post prolifically in it, and who really aren't worth much respect once we see their true colors.

It's still cancerous to the rest of the site, though. The attitude is malignant and metastasizes easily elsewhere. The stability of others isn't worth trading for the Pit's existence. Here's to hoping there's a behind-the-curtain effort to get rid of it eventually

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Hey guys! It is working. Never Trumpers are going crazy.

Just kidding.

Its a place where trolls can expose themselves,like a naked peeping tom with a spotlight shining upon them.

Exactly. That is what makes the Mudd Pitt so great. It is like a talk with friends. One of the ways some people bond is by taking jabs at each other and laughing it off. Close friends do it all the time with each other, that is why they are called friends. Making fun of each other's little imperfections can also teach them how to lighten up and take a joke.

We live at the beginning of what I call the "My feelings are more important than your feelings Era". When an election can become so traumatizing to so many people, that should be enough to make one realize what this nation is becoming, which is a nation of people who cannot cope with the reality that is surrounding them. They do not understand how to cope with their feelings because they were raised to believe there are no losers in the game of life, which is to say they are not equipped to handle failure, let alone celebrate their competitors victory.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Sadly, the MudPit is the closest thing to free speech we can get on this board. That people want to get rid of it all together is indicative of the trend of censorial inclinations.

Did your mother allow free speech in the house when you were a child? I think he's just pointing out the fact that some should keep their mouth shut until they're "old enough" to respect what comes out of it. If your answer is "yes" to the question above, please disregard this pompous query.

edit on 1-2-2018 by eisegesis because: more cowbell

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Or the fact that this is not a public forum, in which case 'free speech' is not a right.

But that is beside the point.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
But then how else will I get my stars?????????????????????????????????????

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Sadly, the MudPit is the closest thing to free speech we can get on this board. That people want to get rid of it all together is indicative of the trend of censorial inclinations.

Did your mother allow free speech in the house when you were a child? I think he's just pointing out the fact that some should keep their mouth shut until they're "old enough" to respect what comes out of it. If your answer is "yes" to the question above, please disregard this pompous query.

I was taught respect, not censorship.

I think you guys are thinking too hard about this. Take a break, if need be.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

a reply to: eisegesis

Or the fact that this is not a public forum, in which case 'free speech' is not a right.

But that is beside the point.

Free speech is a principle. You either believe in it or you don’t.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join