It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, the new tax crap just screwed my low wage self

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Ksihkehe

B'S many jobs are chuffing hard to do and pay rubbish despite being important and many are jobs the average person just can not do such as looking after the elderly or looking after people with learning disabilities.
Good moral jobs badly paid because the moral structure of pay is backwards.
I don't do my job for the money I do it to help folk.
I'm doing everything right despite not earning a lot.
Your post stinks of eliteism.
All we want is fair pay for a fair days work.
So what skills do you have that will earn you the most money. Of course a harder job that requires more skill will earn you more money.

most jobs are hourly, but our system rewards those who start businesses, not those looking for hourly pay for an easy job

Someone has to provide care for the elderly and disabled. If no one does the job then the care system collapses.

Those are important jobs and you want people there who want to do those jobs.

Paying # means you get the dregs...... hence why so much abuse goes on in carehomes as your left with low quality people.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Our problem is we get folk they get training and leave for the nhs after a year. They pay more but I can not leave my guys I love em andI know If I'm here they will get the best care possible.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Harder job? sorry this is the hardest job I ever had mentally and physically. I have been assaulted more times I can remember seen things that would turn the average stomach and still think it is the best job I have ever had even if it is the worst paid one.
We have a massive turnover of staff due to every job paying more and most jobs you don't get beaten up.
If they don't start paying uz what we are worth the care sector is doomed.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Just to point out I do object at being called dregs
most who come into the job really want to help but are not strong enough mentally.
That's why we have a 80% drop out rate for new starters in the first month
I don't learn names until they have been here a few months lol.

But back to the op I thought the new tax stuff was going to make everyone richer?.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

most who come into the job really want to help but are not strong enough mentally.

But back to the op I thought the new tax stuff was going to make everyone richer?.

Did you go to school? Are you a nurse? There are ways to help people and get paid more. The more training you get, the more your skills are worth. That is universal in any field. If you choose to stay in a position that does not pay well, you can’t blame your employer for that.
edit on 27-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Harder job? sorry this is the hardest job I ever had mentally and physically. I have been assaulted more times I can remember seen things that would turn the average stomach and still think it is the best job I have ever had even if it is the worst paid one.
We have a massive turnover of staff due to every job paying more and most jobs you don't get beaten up.
If they don't start paying uz what we are worth the care sector is doomed.

Think you replied to the wrong person

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I was not calling you a dreg.. you obviously want to do the job and are willing to take the low pay.

I am talking about the unemployable wellfare monkeys who are forced into to taking the care jobs under threat of having there wellfare money sanctioned for refusing jobs, then do a # job because they dont want to be there.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Oops a daisy my bad

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Don't vote Republican. It's your own damn fault.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I once had an argument with someone making $10 per hour who claimed that flat tax was not fair because their taxes would go up.

edit on 27-1-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Something odd

2017 tax bracket rate for $20,800 / year is 15%

2018 tax bracket rate for $20,800 / year is 12%

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So You're suggesting that out of the 150 million people in the us who work just start their own business?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
I make 10 an hour, 40 hours a week. Right now my federal withholding is 17 dollars a week. With the new tax bill for 2018 on the irs site (you can find it here, linked www.usatoday.com...
Well, it shows weekly, 2 weeks, monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual. SO for me at 400 a week before taxes, I'll now pay 18.50 PLUS 12% of all wages over 250 (add a few dollars as the site isn't open for me right now), So I'm paying MORE tax than less.

I don't get why you're upset.

$10 x 40 = $400 x 52 = $20,800

Your 2017 income tax: ($932.50 plus 15% of your income above $9,325) is: $932.50 + ($20,800 - $9,325) x .15 = $2,653.75
Your 2018 income tax: ($952.50 + 12% of the amount over $9,525) is: $952.50 + ($20,800 - $9,525) x .12 = $2,305.50

Your 2018 income tax is $348.25 lower than your 2017 income tax.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Something odd

2017 tax bracket rate for $20,800 / year is 15%

2018 tax bracket rate for $20,800 / year is 12%

OP obviously just read some liberal birdcage filler that the tax plan hurts the poor without knowing any of the specifics....

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So You're suggesting that out of the 150 million people in the us who work just start their own business?

Way to point out the obvious flaw in that logic!
Who would these 150 million businesses hire?

Oh wait maybe I could start my own business of hiring my self out to
work for all these businesses!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

as far as I am concerned, if an employer needs a living, breathing person to do a job, then he should be willing to pay enough to keep that person alive. and when they expect years of experience to get the job, then they should expect their employee to have a family and be able to pay enough to provide some support to that family.
and it seems that the only alternative to this would be to expect the taxpayers to subsidize the employers labor costs. it seems the corps and big business just got a nice windfall from this new tax bill so by taxpayers I guess they are expecting the employees to subsidize their labor costs...
so just how will this work in the longrun when it seems that a smaller and smaller group of employees are earning enough to keep their heads above water and off the welfare and food stamp rolls???

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

but, if he is paying more in his weekly deductions, doesn't that mean that he is loaning more money to the gov't, which may, but maybe not, be paid back come tax time? if you are struggling to feed your family, keeping a roof over your head, buying medicine for you kid....
well.... you might that money the week you get your paycheck and not be able to wait for tax time to get it.
maybe the gov't should have to start paying interest on this money they force us to lend to them.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I am talking about the unemployable wellfare monkeys who are forced into to taking the care jobs under threat of having there wellfare money sanctioned for refusing jobs, then do a # job because they dont want to be there.

that's funny, at least to me.. one of my neighbors years ago was told that she would have to find a job, or start a training program, or lose here gov't giveaways. she ran across an opportunity like this, where they would train her and she would be getting paid around 9 or 10 an hour after the training. they refuse to let her do it, she was already assigned to some unpaid work as a bus monitor. and since the training wasn't paid, well, they didn't consider it a job, nor was it one of their acceptable training programs. at that time, the money they were willing to pay her would have been enough to have her removed from most of the public assistance programs, and to be honest, that was probably what they didn't like about it...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oops a daisy my bad

I am a teacher, another proffesion the UK #s on, though not as badly.

So I firmly believe careers and nurses should be valued a lot more than they are.

I have no idea how nursing and caring became bottom jobs in the UK....... Especially when you have a Labour shortage in the area.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: sarra1833

Don't vote Republican. It's your own damn fault.

I.... Don't vote Republican. Or Democrat. They're the same coin, same side. I dislike Trump, dislike Hilary, dislike the majority of the folks in power. I vote with my conscience, even when its against the grain at times.

I vote for folks who have the little /no power people in mind. Sadly those never win but my soul is content for having voted with my conscience.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join