It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm Elizabeth with the

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Fricken resort rewards center.

Apparently I've stayed at one of their resorts recently.....
I've never stayed at one of your damn resorts and I never will!!!!
Release the phone spiders!!!

The no call list is a damn joke.
Our government needs to choke this crap out.
The called ID even shows a local number sometimes....

Ugg,
Sorry,
Rant over...

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
get an airhorn .
then next time they ring up hold it to the phone and let em have it .

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I just pretend I'm the local Chinese takeaway when they phone.
What your order?(in my best Chinese voice)
You want chicken fried rice?
What your order?

They soon get pissed and never call again.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Simple solution...answer the phone in a different language......Bot want recognize it and the calls stop. Works for me. Go to Google.........learn how to say hello say in Icelandic or Swedish.
edit on 22-1-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, I like the phone calls about college loan debt from a small suburb in my area, this of course is from a huge phone bank in Bangladesh.
This is simply high jacking my personal property to make $$$ without compensation or permission.

But health care is a bigger issue, solve that first please.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's a damn recording.
You have to listen to Liz and push 1 to get to a rep.
I'm not waiting around for that.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They also never take you off their lists if you request to be taken off.

I tell a lot of them that I don't own the property, so there's no point tryign to sell me new windows or a new boiler or whatnot. And it shuts them up instantly. But they never take me off the fricking call list.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
get an airhorn .
then next time they ring up hold it to the phone and let em have it .

BAD ADVICE!! If you do this and the caller's hearing is damaged they
could probably sue you in court.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Best thing to say when you know it's a scam call or telemarketer:

"911, what's your emergency? Sir, sir, I can't hear you. A sheriff is in route to your location..."

Works every time.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hi,

Having been swamped with robo calls at the rate of every 10 minutes, I signed up for the nomorobo service, which, so far, as all but eliminated robo calls. Live callers continue to persist, and I blacklist them with the Digitone call blocker.

Nomorobo works well with fixed house phones, but is less effective with cell phones. Unfortunately, Nomorobo is not acceptable to all telcos.

Scammers are spoofing their numbers to their victims' area code
and prefix, in order to fool the victim into believing the call to be legitimate.

Additionally, they are spoofing with my legitimate number and using it to call their victims, thereby giving me a bad reputation. ATT has the technology to stop caller ID spoofing, but they refuse to do so.

The FCC is not fixing the problem. Even worse, Congress removed jurisdiction from states' attorneys general, so that only the FCC can do law enforcement to these criminals.

The 800 Notes Website seems to be "The ATS" of scam calls, with forum, news, and complaints from victims.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
An extra, extra rant. I live in the Uk and what really gets me going are the calls from either India or that region. When they first called they probably said their real names, but now they must have been told to make up English names. But when someone with a hardly understandable speech tells you his name is "Jeremy" or "Nigel" it is very hard not to go into full racist mode. My rant over.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
I just pretend I'm the local Chinese takeaway when they phone.
What your order?(in my best Chinese voice)
You want chicken fried rice?
What your order?

They soon get pissed and never call again.

Thank you I'll be using that one.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Had some pillock call me every day over and over till I finally answered. He told me someone in my address had been in a car accident earlier that year and that I may be able to receive a pay out.

I played along, dragging it out to the end...

"Funny thing tho mate, I don't have a car, and I live alone."

Oh their tune changes and they never called again.

I HATE those tossers... been watching a lot of youtube "scam the scammer" vids.. they make me smile.

usually when I get incessant calls, when I answer they just disconnect. You can hear someone in the background, so you know they can hear you, but I think it's a verification that someone on my end is there, so they put my # on the valid call list.

so now I don't answer anything on the landline (mobile goes out to no one) and I use my router to see what the last unanswered call was from. then google it, and see if it's a known scammer. 100% of the time it is.

not the same, but sure as hell just as annoying.

I still laugh though... "Sir, you may be able to get moneys from the car accident." "But no one has been in an accident?" "Sir, yes we have records to show someone from your address was been in a car accident within the past 3 year. you..." "Mate, I dont even have a car, sooo." "Oh.. you dont have a car?" "No." "Ok.." *click*

twats....

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I get those calls as well,I have never stayed at a resort in my life,and not going to in the near future

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I Ugggg and Ahhhhh with slobbery noises whilst speaking French with an undertone of whatever a pervy over 50 year old, fat sweaty balding pervy bloke can possibly come up with.

I will see myself out thank you very much...

Erm... Anyone seen my roll of duct tape?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
An extra, extra rant. I live in the Uk and what really gets me going are the calls from either India or that region. When they first called they probably said their real names, but now they must have been told to make up English names. But when someone with a hardly understandable speech tells you his name is "Jeremy" or "Nigel" it is very hard not to go into full racist mode. My rant over.

Play the game back

But but ding ding then tell Matthew ,mark,Luke , John your name is Rasheed in Your best Indian voice o deary deary me but but walla walla ding dong

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I keep getting calls telling me I can lower the interest rates on my CC's and this is my FINAL notice before they stop calling me. However, I don't and have never had a credit card and that being their final notice is always a lie. Even if I talk to them and tell them to stop calling me they call back anyways.

Robocalls are a growing technological epidemic in the country that people aren't talking about enough:
Why spam robocalls are increasing and what's being done about it

Robocall Epidemic Breaks Annual Record with 30.5 Billion Calls in 2017

Policy makers alone cannot stop those pesky robocalls

This could be its own ATS thread/topic by the way. In fact, I'm kind of surprised no one is really discussing this around here.
edit on 22-1-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
People still use landlines?

Wow that's archaic!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
People still answer phone calls from unknown numbers? I just let them slide to voicemail and usually they never leave a message. No problems.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If we don't recognize the number, we don't tend to pick up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join