It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting over a breakup, any tips?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I've driven a racing car, a rally car, done 4x4, flown a helicopter, a plane and various tanks.
Climbed many mountains in my years as well.
This is the biggest mountain to climb however.
1 minute 20 into this one.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Get a dog and a camper. Go see the world, enjoy the hell out of it. Meet people you would never meet, see sights, fall in love with freedoms you've probably forgotten.

Write about it, maybe you'll meet that someone you were looking for your whole life.

But seriously, get a dog... Best traveling partner in the world.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Grief over loss is a part of love. You are experiencing true love. Be happy you are human, after all.

I know, doesn't help right now.

Would you rather not care they are gone?

Enjoy your grief, wallow in it, you are right where you are supposed to be.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

I'm a Cat Person.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Best advice ever, thank you for that.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Celebrate them. Fondle the sweet memories, cry over them, they love you too.

Its okay to love and grieve, there is no shame.

I wish I loved someone that much.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Am in years reading that. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm drinking single malt as She is Scottish.

Ah, so you're still trying to be close to her by drinking something that reminds you of her. Drink Tequila or Rum instead.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hit the gym. Get as sharp as a diamond. Get back out there.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Some people go find a rebound...in your case you may need two...3somes help.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Find something that makes you laugh.

I've lost so many family and friends i've lost count, so i find a way to laugh. I tease my cat with a fidget spinner to see who has the quickest reflexes, I glue coins to a sidewalk and laugh as people try to pick them up, or you could use botnik to create hilarious mad libs like this one from George from Seinfeld...

George wears a $20 hat that say 'hello to horse'

GEORGE: I'm kinda like the captain of hygiene.

Botnik

Chin up fellow denier of ignorance, time heals all wool-sorry wounds! damn autocorrect!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That's awesome.

But my point is. Go do whatever makes you happy.

In doing so you'll climb that mountain.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else...

sounds crude but it works

I seem to give that tip a lot around here

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
2 things

I went to St.Martin when I was younger. It is half French and half Dutch.
I met a girl who was super model grade insanely hot. She was following me around and asking me to say everything, she was smitten by my American "accent" It drove her nuts. I ended up running for more cash for a night club, only to run out of gas and get lost, pushing my motorcycle home, arriving a sunrise, missing the whole rest of the night.
UGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Point is, mix it up, don't give up if your towns dry,

2. IF you go to the bar, go 2-3 hours befor closing time. lol
Drunk guys aren't taking home the cuties.

3 things, I lied

I was in a 11-12 yr relationship a while back. Thought the world was over, I mean

Today, I am like WTF was thinking, good god, that was a nightmare.
You can't see it when your in it.'

Your mission, should you accept it, is to talk to every cute girl you see, and if they are smiley, ask them to hang out.

The sober smiley thing is important, if you don't want your sole drained.

Your on the meat market now dude, get out there and represent for us.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
First reply told you to stop drinking that it would help you "think clear". You, right off the bat dismissed that advice. You aren't looking for advice your looking for "pity party". Grow a set, get over yourself & as another poster said.......get some strange. Best way to get over one woman is to get into another one.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
How do people cope with the overwhelming sense of loss and the hole that not being with them leaves in your life?
Every day is a struggle at the moment.
Ta in advance.

There's yin and yang in everything.

Every problem or obstacle is an opportunity.

It's a chance to "change."

Strange enough, bonds between people constrain us, and keep us from exploring other sides of ourselves.

Everything in life is "transitory". Life is just like a flowering plant. There's a beginning, when a seed is planted. There's the growing season, when things develop. There's the budding and opening of the flower, when things are at their best. Then, there's the falling away, the decline, and eventually death, the end of the transitory phenomena that marked that part of our life.

So, think about the flowering plant, and how it's just like your relationships.

When the plant dies, it makes way for other new plants to grow in that spot.

That's exactly what's happened in your life. The ground is cleared, and now new opportunities can take root and flourish.

You just have to let it, go with the flow, and don't "block" the opportunities that come your way.

That's it.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Get some strange yet or still wallowing in self pity?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Pitying yourself and indulging in weird and strange ain't gonna do it.

Drinking is a depressant-surely you knew that. So, stop. Now.

Best way to get over your sadness is to think about others. Find someone who needs some help in their life and make yourself useful. That elderly neighbor that needs the snow plowed or that poor young, struggling family-take them a KFC dinner.

Watch as many comedies as you can stand and really treat yourself and all those around you especially well. The more kindness to give out the more you will receive.

It's one foot in front of the other doing good deeds along the way and being especially good to yourself-get a great steak dinner and a takeout one for a poorer friend.

Time passes quicker than you think and you'll start noticing all those lovely women who will appreciate the great guy you are.

Best wishes.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ahh, you need to get your mind cleared for a while.

How about a nice trip to Wales?....Now there's a place.

You can go Wale watching....

Have a Wale of a time....

Perhaps drive a Porsche Wale Tail.....

And go to a mountain (or hill over there) and Wale at the top of your voice, to your hearts content.....make sure its a baritone tho boyo......Men of Harlech, Stop your Dreaming, Cant you see there spear point gleaming.......

Then, all will be at peace with the World.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Focus on things about her that bugged you. Remember all the things that she did to piss you off.

If you're busted up enough that even those thoughts hurt and you're thinking "I even love those things about her that I hated," then you gotta fantasize about running into her in the future. Go over every detail- imagine yourself jacked as hell from the gym and on your arm is a smoking hot babe, and you run into your ex and she eats her heart out. Enough days of obsessing over that fantasy, and the pain will be tolerable.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join