It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ residents have 90 days to turn in bumpstocks.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So it appears Chris Christie has decided bumpstock owners have 90 days to turn in their firearms accessories that improve rate of fire.
Tiger cranks and bumpstocks are on the list, and I'm sure more will be coming.
Full confiscation is warned of for those that don't comply. As is jail time and fines.

breit bart link
edit on 16-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Having trouble getting link to work...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Christie is a moron.

And so is everyone else demagoguing bump stocks.

Why don't they ban rubber bands.

Does the same damn thing.
edit on 16-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Christie is a moron.

And so is everyone else demagoguing bump stocks.

Why don't they ban rubber bands.

Does the same damn thing.

You can do the same thing with your pants beltloop and your thumb.
Maybe he'll ban thumbs next.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

it was a matter of time. As prescision shooter Ive never been a big fan of the bump stock. Heck a 2-3lb trigger is plenty fast.

I am undecided on how I feel about this for one we still havent been told what weapons were for certain fired. So Vegas isnt a good reason for this imo.

I dont like stepping on the 2nd, but this one has me waffling just considering the many terrible shooters that install these and dont practice good marksmanship.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I hope he holds his breath.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Yeah, I hear you. I didn't think bumpstocks or any other rate of fire "improvers" would last long. Remember the hell fire system you could buy for your 10/22?
That didnt last long, but it directly affected the trigger. These devices don't change the trigger, hence the legality.
And no- I don't want idiots running around with these. In my opinion they are useless. But if some moron wants to spend 9$ a mag even faster than usual, there's not much I can do nabout it. I don't shoot with those kind of people.

I still don't like the idea of threats of confiscation though. These were legal to buy devices, so that's unconstitutional in my opinion.
Either way, it is what it is, for the time being.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Im with you, exactly my thoughts. Confiscation is absurd.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

who knows, maybe this is a dry run on further confiscations...
"affixes tinfoil hat appropriately"

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah anyone clever can get around a bumb stock ban. Governor Christie has no clue what he is enforcing other than what his advisors tell him.

No fuss about this really other than people complaining about confiscation and how this could lead to bigger problems.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

My question: Are bump-stock purchases recorded in some database statewide? If so, that's insane.

If not, expecting those who own them to just skip on down to the local PD and drop them off is insane.

Either way, this is ridiculous, threatening forced confiscation.

"They'll never come after you for your guns," they say. Well, we're only a stone's throw away from such authoritarianism, although I'm not surprised to see this out of Christie.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

who knows, maybe this is a dry run on further confiscations...
"affixes tinfoil hat appropriately"

I really think this is pure evil design at work.

Either he set a new precident to open the confiscation floodgates.....
Or by doing so(confiscation) gets someone in uniform shot- and then all hell breaks loose between law abiding firearms owners and local government.

I really hope cool heads prevail in this. My guts are churning at what could potentially go wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

There will be a fight before anyone will turn in their legally purchased firearms. I am more worried about an ammo ban.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

As far as I know, only a few states opted to record who bought these. As for how they go about locating owners is going to be interesting though.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

lol Christie confiscated an entire beach last summer, Christie loves to throw his weight around.

doh that might not of been "pc"

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Bumb stock ?
so Dumbing the gun will cause it to discharge ?
Sounds stupid if so now a kid walks by bumbs the gun it falls goes off dead kid ?
Yea a real winner ?

All I can say is if I understand how it works it should be BAND .
Bad enough kids already get a hold of dads guns and kill them self or there other kids now you wnat it so just Bumbing the gun makes it fire ?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I never even wanted a bump stock, but I guess if they're going to be on sale for the next 90 days it couldn't hurt to pick one up and bury it out back...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Bumb stock ?
Sounds stupid if so now a kid walks by bumbs the gun it falls goes off dead kid ?
Yea a real winner ?

Bad enough kids already get a hold of dads guns and kill them self or there other kids now you wnat it so just Bumbing the gun makes it fire ?

No, you don't understand how it works.
neither does the guy who banned them.
stop banning things you don't understand.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Bumb stock ?
Yea a real winner ?

Simply put, Deny Ignorance or don't post this type of drivel.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
OK so serious question. I've seen a bumpstock and it does pretty much convert the rifle to fully automatic. Most of us are okay with a fully automatic weapons ban. I don't think banning these is a bad thing. Yes no?

I realize the big argument is ....next they'll be coming for our shotguns and hand guns but that never happend. Even after 8 years of Obama. I don't believe there will ever be a gun ban in the United states ever.

I think I'm okay with a Bump Stock ban.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-1-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join