It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New CMS Rule - Employment Should be Required for Receiving MEDICAID Benefits.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
January 14, 2018

Medicaid was expanded by ObamaCare. Thus far, 33 states have chosen to participate in the expansion. Single adults who earn between $0 and $16,040 per year,receive 100% taxpayer-funded medical coverage for free. (Household of 2 = $0 to $22,000. Household of 4 = $0 to $32,700).

For 2016, the Medicaid program cost U.S. Taxpayers $574 Billion dollars, and is increasing 11% annually.

The government department known as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), oversees and administers Medicaid. While the Mainstream Media was pre-occupied with its usual focus on things that don't personally affect most Americans, CMS changed the Obama-era rules that prohibited states from requiring Medicaid recipients to be employed, in order to participate in the program.

States now have the freedom to institute "Work Requirements" for Medicaid eligibility..

The Trump administration is encouraging states to require "able-bodied" Medicaid recipients to work or volunteer in order to keep their health insurance coverage.

Under the rules, states can require Medicaid beneficiaries to work, volunteer or participate in job training. People who are elderly or disabled, and pregnant women and children, would be excluded.

CMS Administrator Seema Verma said on Twitter that the new efforts will "improve Medicaid enrollee health outcomes by incentivizing community engagement."

"This is about helping people rise out of poverty," Verma said Thursday in a conference call with reporters.

SOURCE: www.npr.org...

What do you think? Should employment be a prerequisite for participating in the Medicaid Health Insurance program? As of 2017, 1 out of every 5 Americans (20%) was on MEDICAID, which is quite stunning.

Medicaid State-by-State Population Participation Fact Sheet: www.kff.org...

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/14/2018 by carewemust because: minor wording adjustments

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I believe that these people should at least be required to have a part time job to support themselves if they can work. Even if it is at McDs. That way they won't start getting totally dependent on the system for support. They get stuck in a rut, they start to get used to free everything and won't go work even on a part time job. I have known lots of people who did that over the years. They started to expect handouts and did not appreciate the fact that they got them after a while, they demanded benefits as their right. Many people did that in the last forty years or so, it is not just a few.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I thought medicaid was already for the working poor and disabled.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
honestly half a trillion spent on medical in the US doesnt bother me at all. double that and im fine. wouldnt be a problem at all if we just keep some of the money we send overseas and spend it here. i should say i have no problem with making the able bodied work in some form aswell.
edit on 14-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
well that's pretty smart, let's add millions of people to the labor pool

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This needs a lot of deep thought and consideration (and planning ,something the knee-jerk style government has no concept of) before implementing
Right now it almost sounds like "get rid of your old, tired , and feeble" cause we dont have money to care for you...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 14, 2018

As of 2017, 1 out of every 5 Americans 20%) was on MEDICAID, which is quite stunning.

Wow! I had no idea it was so high! Not sure if I agree that employment should be required — isn’t that sort of the whole point? To help out with under/un employment? I once knew someone who was “cheating the system” because the family made too much money with both spouses working to qualify, but not enough to make ends meet. She finally ended up lying, saying her husband had left her and was not contributing. In reality, he was living there and working as a H&A tech.

But I do agree that the elderly and disabled get a free pass, as long as there is proof.

20%.... just wow...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Could people just read a little slower. Seems to be a lot of knees jerking.

We have this in Australia for unemployment benefits and it works.

work, volunteer or participate in job training.

Could you imagine what you could do in the helping sector if you suddenly had huge numbers of volunteers.

It gives them something to do. It helps the not-for-profit sector. It helps other citizens who need the help.

In Australia it is either 15 or 21 hours a week that you are required to do to receive the Government handouts.

Many people see that they have to do some work, can't sit down and play games all day and they often get a job soon after. It breaks the unemployment cycle.

P

edit on 14/1/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There are a great number of people who are 60+ on Medicaid, now that ObamaCare has expanded the program. They have a hard time finding employment.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
are you saying that able bodied healthy americans can no longer be parasites on society by getting free medical care? That's outrageous, that`s criminal, that`s..that`s... never mind that`s just a common parasite wanting a free ride off of other`s hard work. about time that the government starting picking the parasites off the backs of the hard working people.
edit on 14-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek

January 14, 2018

As of 2017, 1 out of every 5 Americans 20%) was on MEDICAID, which is quite stunning.

Wow! I had no idea it was so high! Not sure if I agree that employment should be required — isn’t that sort of the whole point? To help out with under/un employment? I once knew someone who was “cheating the system” because the family made too much money with both spouses working to qualify, but not enough to make ends meet. She finally ended up lying, saying her husband had left her and was not contributing. In reality, he was living there and working as a H&A tech.

But I do agree that the elderly and disabled get a free pass, as long as there is proof.

20%.... just wow...

stunning isn't the word, and as far as I know you aren't eligible as a student either so what's that tell ya

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek

January 14, 2018

20%.... just wow...

stunning isn't the word, and as far as I know you aren't eligible as a student either so what's that tell ya

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
are you saying that able bodied healthy americans can no longer be parasites on society by getting free medical care? That's outrageous, that`s criminal, that`s..that`s... never mind that`s just a common parasite wanting a free ride off of other`s hard work. about time that the government starting picking the parasites off the backs of the hard working people.

I'm pretty sure you have to be in poverty to qualify to Medicare FYI

that's cool throw 10 million people in the labor pool see how much that devalues your current job when more people have to develop higher skill sets they normally wouldn't have and add supply to whatever it is you do
edit on 14-1-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I thought medicaid was already for the working poor and disabled.

The stories I could tell you! Under ObamaCare, Medicaid is now more like a "Golden Goose" for anyone between $0 and $16,000 in income. It's the $0 income people who are huge drags. Before 2013 in Illinois, you had to be pregnant, or disabled, or a child in a poor family. When ObamaCare Medicaid arrived here, unemployed males (think drug pushers, gang members, bums, etc.) were allowed to enroll.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

oh, of course, it's only the drug dealers who use it

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Could people just read a little slower. Seems to be a lot of knees jerking.

We have this in Australia for unemployment benefits and it works.

work, volunteer or participate in job training.

Could you imagine what you could do in the helping sector if you suddenly had huge numbers of volunteers.

It gives them something to do. It helps the not-for-profit sector. It helps other citizens who need the help.

In Australia it is either 15 or 21 hours a week that you are required to do to receive the Government handouts.

Many people see that they have to do some work, can't sit down and play games all day and they often get a job soon after. It breaks the unemployment cycle.

P

exactly idle hands are the devils workshop.

you are correct, there are a lot liberal knees jerking and trying to make this seem like old folks and disabled people will be forced to go out and dig ditch`s when clearly this excludes disabled people and old people and is targeted at ABLE BODIED people who are too lazy to get a job or get an education.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: bluechevytree

I'm pretty sure you have to be in poverty to qualify to Medicare FYI

that's cool throw 10 million people in the labor pool see how much that devalues your current job when more people have to develop higher skill sets they normally wouldn't have and add supply to whatever it is you do

10 million able bodied people? that`s great that means that there will be 10 million able bodied people who will be performing a service to society instead of sitting on their asses and waiting for 10 million new jobs to be created that they will qualify for.

they are being paid by taxpayers so it`s only right that they should provide a service to the taxpayers for the "pay" they are receiving.
if they are able bodied enough to get a job when one becomes available that meets their skills, then they are able bodied enough to to do unskilled work to earn their tax payer funded free ride.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My first question is, does the cost count for actual medical services rendered only, or does it include some kind of hidden insurance cost that the government pays to a private entity in order to cover that citizen?
Second question is, does proof of work include those who simply have receipts and service bills for odd jobs or salvagers?
People who sell at flea markets, or even the unemployed who simply sell scrap metal, pallets, plastic, and so on. Do they count as being employed as long as they can produce the receipts for what they made, regardless of how meager?

Because I have seen more than a handful of the homeless get smart and do scrapping when they arent holding a sign at the corner. Are they eligible for medicaid if this is the case?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

oh, of course, it's only the drug dealers who use it

no, but it`s only the drug dealers who don`t want to work for their government handouts because they already have a ton of unclaimed money from selling drugs that allows them to qualify for government handouts.

the drug dealers will give up the government handouts if they are required to work for them,because they make a lot more money selling drugs than they will make by working or doing volunteer work to continue receiving the government handouts. the only reason they take the government handouts is because they are free and require no effort on their part to get.

edit on 15-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Considering most Americans receive their health insurance as a work benefit I don’t think it is unreasonable that the people receiving government funded health insurance be held to the same standard.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join