It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPlusEquality a feminist programming language, created to smash Patriarchy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So I came across this programming language today and it's probably the greatest thing I've seen so far all year. Finally a programming language that knows how to check your privilege.

EDIT: I'm aware it's a satiracal language...

github.com...

C+= (pronounced either C-plus-Equality, or See Equality) is a feminist programming language, created to smash the toxic Patriarchy that is inherent in and that permeates all current computer programming languages.

Philosophy

The language is to be strictly interpreted using feminist theory. Under no circumstances should the language be compiled, as compilation and the use of a compiler imposes an oppressive and toxic relationship between the high-level descriptive language and the low-level machine code that does all the labo(u)r. Instead, C+= is interpreted, which fosters communication, itself a strong female trait.
No constants or persistence. Rigidity is masculine; the feminine is fluid. I.e., fluid mechanics is hard for men 'because it deals with "feminine" fluids in contrast to "masculine" rigid mechanics'.
No state. The State is The Man. 'Nuff said. Hence, the language should be purely functional.
Women are better than men with natural language. Hence, the language should be English-based like HyperCard/LiveCode.
No class hierarchy or other stigmata of OOP (objectification-oriented programming). In fact, as an intersectional acknowledgement of Class Struggle our language will have no classes at all.
On the off chance that objects do mysteriously manifest (thanks, Patriarchy!), there should be no object inheritance, as inheritance is a tool of the Patriarchy. Instead, there will be object reparations.
Societal influences have made men often focus on the exterior appearances of women. This poisons our society and renders relationships to be shallow, chauvinistic, and debases our standards of beauty. To combat that, C+= is to tackle only audio and text I/O, and never graphics.
Unicode is the preferred character encoding due to its enabling the diverse aesthetic experiences and functionality that is beyond ASCII. UTF-8 is the encoding of choice for C+=.
Women are more social than men. Hence, social coding should be the only option. The code only runs if it is in a public repo.
Instead of "running" a program, which implies thin privilege and pressure to "work out", programs are "given birth". After birth, a program rolls for a 40% chance of executing literally as the code is written, 40% of being "psychoanalytically incompatible", and 40% of executing by a metaphorical epistemology the order of the functions found in main().
Programs are never to be "forked", as the word has clear misogynistic tendencies and is deeply problematic. Instead, programmers may never demand "forking", but ask for the program to voluntarily give permission. "Forking" will henceforth be called "consenting", and it is entirely up to the program to decide if the consent stands valid, regardless of the progress of the system clock.
Forced program termination is not allowed unless the program consents to it. The process is part of the choice of the program, not the programmer.

The traditional binary foundation of 1s and 0s is deeply problematic: 1 is inherently phallic and thus misogynistic. Also, some 1s are 0s, and some 0s are 1s. It is not fair to give them immutable labels. Instead, we have 0s and Os as our fundamental binary logic gates. They symbolise/-ize the varying, natural, and beautiful differences of the female vaginal opening.

0 is to take the conventional value of 0.

O is 50% of the time 0, and 50% of the time 1. The determination of this depends on how the underlying logic feels at the moment.

Here are a few of the changes from the oppressive patriarchal C++

private == privileged

printf(); == yell();

class Foo[]; == social_construct Foo[];

#include == #consider

break; == leave;

if() == check()

for() == check()

while() == check()

sin(x) == biotruth(x)

div == unite

'y's are strictly prohibited when naming variables; only 'x's are allowed

There's a full ide, examples and documentation available on the github page fpr anyone that has been interested in learning to program but doesn't want to contribute yo the patriarchy.

edit on 12/1/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Oh Noes!!! Teh wimmins will haz there own languige!!

Seriously though, this seems inefficient (IMO).

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

C Plus Equality is a satirical programming language created by 4chan users in response to a proposal of a feminist programming language published on the humanities and technology site Hastac in December 2013.

knowyourmeme.com...
tech.slashdot.org...

ETA Just for the #s and giggles...

edit on 12/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I'm guessing you never actually read any of it did you?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Anyone who clicks the link will come across this warning;

Trigger Warning, this repository uses satire and sarcasm and other types of humor that could trigger Feminazis into rage fits. Maintainer of this repository was gone for a while due to being source code raped by feminists who lack a sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

C Plus Equality is a satirical programming language created by 4chan users in response to a proposal of a feminist programming language published on the humanities and technology site Hastac in December 2013.

knowyourmeme.com...
tech.slashdot.org...

It's still up and yes clearlly it's satire...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So why wasn't this in the jokes forum then?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

So why wasn't this in the jokes forum then?

Because it's also a real language. Source code is available for it along with working examples.You could write a real program in it. Just don't compile it

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: redhorse

I'm guessing you never actually read any of it did you?

I did. I though it was trying to be funny, so I was trying to be funny. Sorry. My jokes suck.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
female dialect:

maybe == yes

no == maybe later

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
1) this program is not very inclusive

2) it’s transphobic, because some women do have penises.

3) it’s sexist saying women are superior in socializing then men...that would also be stereotypical too

4) #nobullies. #nolables

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

lmao

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That's pretty funny!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Sound very funny!
CPlus has always seemed something remote to me. I prefer WordPress instead, in particular these ready made templates www.templatemonster.com... , when it comes to web design.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Anyone who clicks the link will come across this warning;

Trigger Warning, this repository uses satire and sarcasm and other types of humor that could trigger Feminazis into rage fits. Maintainer of this repository was gone for a while due to being source code raped by feminists who lack a sense of humor.

Jesus, I'm still cringing from reading this.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 1/30/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am interested in what inspired you. Why relate the feminists to programming? I can't quite make the connection.

I admit sometimes it irritates me the things they tinker with in the languages. Python was once something I loved. It was humble. Then it change. Got fat and picky. C and C++, I could swallow those pills. C++ is trying to innovate so much some things slip in which shouldn't be there. And some of those things are bandaids for things they previously broke.

I'm thinking the best way to solve the problems is invent new languages. Stop trying to make c++/python/etc into something they're not. Make a new language. I think they'll have better luck.

But that's just frustration speaking. Rule of the land is always stay ahead of the curve. I've failed to do that too many times.
edit on 1/30/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This is a very interesting thread! I'm thinking about learning C++ as IT industry will need developers in this sphere. I've noticed that a lot of companies are interested in hiring C++ developers, mostly because it is not easy to find a person who can rewrite the working code of the product developed in C++ into another programming language. Also I found a good article that explains how to get the most expereinced C++ developer - diceus.com... Anyway, thanks for sharing, I'll keep your information in mind!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I preferred to used feminist WordPress themes instated of CPlusEquality. here is the link for feminist theme www.sktthemes.net...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

O is 50% of the time 0, and 50% of the time 1. The determination of this depends on how the underlying logic feels at the moment.

.....hilarious!!

"Johnson, are we in orbit for landing the new rover on Mars?"

"well sir...the software argued Venus had a prettier color...."

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join