It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell happened to ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have ideas for threads all of the time but I just dpn't always have the time to make them. For my latest thread, I want to pose a question to ATS.

If aliens do indeed walk amoung us then who are the people in your everyday life that you suspect could be one of them?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

This is a great OP.

I think many are probably afraid to post a topic because of being unsure of the procedure or perhaps fear of ridicule. I know I am a dick most of the time, but when it comes to the gray area type topics I try to be open-minded and give encouragement. The gray area and weird stuff are why I came to ATS in the first place so I always try to nurture those types of posts.

I find it easy to ignore certain threads because of the topic or if I see the author I know what it is going to be so I just skip it. In between there are still a lot of great threads that get missed or poor traffic because some people on both sides of the political aisle like to spam their partisan BS.

I have always felt that you and I could be RL friends if we didn't talk about politics and religion. I have seen quite a few excellent posts from you that I respect.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I frequently check into ATS just to look at the top topics. I know that I could go sifting through the various forums and probably find more of interest to me but, aside from those "buried" posts likely being dead-zones anyway, I don't have normally have the time.

ATS has come to look like the Drudge Report home page. It's as if everyone goes there, finds a story, than reproduces it here.

I have a suggestion for helping to keep the top topics more diversified. Get rid of flags in the Political Mud-Pit. This forum is dedicated to "slinging-mud" and, that's fine, but it is not productive and rich content deserving of the flags that catapult a topic onto the front page.

When I see a well thought out thread packed with useful, novel, and engaging information pushed out by a wall of Trump...it's sickening.

It's a small step but, with all the U.S. political threads overrunning this site I think it would go a long way for people like me who are casual viewers just checking out the "top ten".

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

After reading your reply I'm even more intrigued about that nuclear deposit and the American Government's ways.

There is an article on youTube called "This concrete dome holds a leaking toxic timebomb", if that helps.

Thanks for your welcome and for noticing my arrival.

Can't wait for your post on requested topic. I shall be so on the ball as not to miss it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I fully understand where you’re coming from with that.

I can’t honestly say I’m bothered by “the change” myself either, because as my posting history suggests I’m not a very serious contributor the majority of the time.

I prefer a little joke here and there, the odd witty one liner, or the occasional lighthearted dig at the opposition.

I wouldn’t say that there is much knowledge at all to be gained from reading my posts, if I’m honest...
And if I was one of you guys I’d seriously consider me to be a poster who’s posts could be skipped over, lol.

So, my point, with that “change” it hasn’t actually affected how I participate as others feel it has affected them.
That wouldn’t really bother me in the case of frequent participants or thread makers...

But I do feel for those who are too shy, or too fearful of putting themselves out there, especially in the current vitriolic climate ATS is going through.
So I would like to help those members at least.

The core reason why ATS no longer has so many well made conspiracy threads is mostly down to the fact it's all been done before, every interesting topic already has several threads made on it.

While that is undoubtably true, we have to consider those who’ve only recently become aware of any sort of veracity in the conspiracy field.
The odds are they wouldn’t even know where to begin in searching the archives to read up...
And those threads almost never get bumped to a position where they become visible again.

I’d also argue that while all conspiracies have been done here, it would really depend on the angle of the theory as to whether it’s been fully discussed.

For example, I’ve seen hundreds of JFK threads, but I’ve never seen one regarding the Israeli Dimona angle as a cause of assassination.

So again, depending on the angle, the conspiracy may be completely new to ATS.

Sorry, that was an immense rant. Please do forgive me, lol.

I’ll be checking out those threads you linked ASAP.
Very intriguing.

edit on 9-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Haha I actually really like that question, lostbook...

Personally I’d adapt it to include demons too...

But I can’t say I haven’t wondered before.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Politics. Banned members and members just leaving.

That is what happened.

Tried a few times myself to bring up some interesting topics.

I would say most are on social media now, which offers a quicker response.

And, It's just not here, it's across the board , as I am a member of many sites.

I can share many things, but most of the time a meme would suffice these days. That is what the majority of members on here would respond to anyway.

I am friends with many members that use to be here, and the consensus is the same, quality has gone to crap, so lets focus on a smaller group with similar interests. They invite friends to they're small group. That way, you can cut out the trolls.

Does this help?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: kurthall

If the division of America keeps getting worse, I fear it will devolve into shooting war.

Personally, I think people have either growth lazy or got sucked into partisan politics. Look at Alex Jones for example. Before he used to talk about Globalists. Now he praises Trump as if he were the Messiah.

I noticed that too, all Trump had to do was pay him a little bit of attention and he's wagging his tail.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The poster above had a lot of it right IMO, most of the topics have already been done, so why not focus on the threads which already exist?

Maybe breathing a little life into old threads might help too.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

And if I was one of you guys I’d seriously consider me to be a poster who’s posts could be skipped over, lol.

Well your username and avatar is one of the few stuck in my memory for some reason so I tend to read your posts.

While that is undoubtably true, we have to consider those who’ve only recently become aware of any sort of veracity in the conspiracy field. The odds are they wouldn’t even know where to begin in searching the archives to read up... And those threads almost never get bumped to a position where they become visible again.

I completely agree, especially because the ATS search function is now powered by Google and it seems to give less relevance to older threads and may even remove some really controversial threads from the results. That is why I don't really care when I see someone rehashing an old topic, especially if they are adding new information or just presenting the information in a more easily digestible fashion.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well thank you kindly, Metallicus...

It’s readily apparent even to others that me and you have many times vehemently disagreed...
But you’re absolutely correct...

I already have a policy of not talking religion and politics with friends and family...
Even if I know we’d absolutely agree with each other in every way.

They’re toxic subjects even in times of agreement.
Certainly not worth a place in my “real world” endeavours.

Much thanks on the support for the thread too, pal.

You absolutely nailed my intentions down, those who fear the ridicule I’ll gladly help.
It could even build confidence in them to break out the comfort zone.

I just hope they have the courage to at least suggest something...
All the other work will be done for them.

Thanks again, sir.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

We've been psy-opped.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: Groot

We've been psy-opped.

Yep ! And it's amazing the number of banned members coming back with new accounts, but laying low for fear of being banned again. LOL !

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

We've been psy-opped.

What makes ya say that...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's fine with me if ATS becomes all politics and division. That's the obvious direction it's taking with the constant influx of new members. And once you get used to the name calling and insults; it's kinda fun and the cookies are delicious.

I used to make Threads about my high strangeness experiences but I didn't need the abuse. About the only threads I make now besides politics are movie reviews that no one cares about, Besides I have enough stars and flags to last me a lifetime....

I used to really enjoy the community and had a lot of friends but they either got banned or bored with all the BS. We still stay in contact on FB.
I was advised to grow a thick skin by a mod and now it serves me well in the mudpit. If it wasn't for the mudpit I doubt if I would even logon.

edit on 9-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Forgot to add...

Above Top Secret Original Content (Not Applicable): ☆☆☆☆☆ Updated Content (Not Applicable): ☆☆☆☆☆ AboveTopSecret.com is another Conspiracy Forum, but this one is primarily centered around UFOs. While the site claims to cater to everything Conspiracy, there appears to be an overt emphasis on UFO sightings, crop circles and related phenomena. Considering the fact that the forum is a very busy place, you really have to do some sifting if you are new to Conspiracy. Update: (18th February 2012): Commentators have been yelling ever since I included ATS. And I decided to give them a ear. It appears that ATS is indeed censoring things. To make up for this redaction, I am including another website at the bottom.

www.cabaltimes.com...

Censorship.

Bye bye
edit on 9-1-2018 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well I’ll let this simmer now...

The option is there, and nobody can say I didn’t try. 😬😬😬

I shall start my journey on working with the suggestions made so far...
To keep it fair, I’ll work on them in the order they came in.

I cannot currently give a specific timeline for creation, but to make sure it is received by the people asking when the thread is completed I shall U2U the members.
Likely even before I post the thread to see if the members think the content is good enough, or to advise on any additions that they wish to be included.

If you can, and I hate to ask, could you kindly flag this thread so it gets a bit of attention for those who wish to participate, but may be unavailable at the moment and subsequently miss it.

Thanks ever so much, guys.
I’ll do my best for you.

Peace!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The core reason why ATS no longer has so many well made conspiracy threads is mostly down to the fact it's all been done before, every interesting topic already has several threads made on it.

I completely agree. Everything but current events (which is typically political nonsense) has been discussed to the point that there isn't going to be much more to say.

So someone starts talking about some secret something, instantly you see the same replies you see every time. There's no point making a thread on it, there's no point discussing it.

I really wish we could filter subforums. If we can, someone tell me how!

Another thing I've noticed is a sort of glee people have over proving someone else wrong, or for missing a piece in the article, or not knowing some obscure fact. I'm totally guilty of being a dick. I think we all need to be reminded that people get exited to share something and start a discussion, and the snarky comments could have well been leveled at the rest of us if we hadn't already learned X video was actually a hoax.

I've been around long enough (lurked for a long time, then had another account that I completely forgot while on hiatus) so I know how often these "ATS is bad now threads" get brought up. I used to think people were being dumb and usually didn't realize that election cycles were a poo show. Now I agree, it's gone downhill pretty drastically in the last year or two.

I used to come here expecting to see stuff that was breaking news, now I come here after I've found it somewhere else out of habit. Meh.

I also think things are just more easily debunked now.

The aircraft projects sub forum is awesome, but I don't understand half of the acronyms, don't understand all the little in jokes, and it's a tight knit community that I don't want to intrude on. I don't know ANYTHING about it, even though I find it fascinating. The advice seems to be "read all the threads and you'll get it!". I have, and I don't. It's the last place on ATS that is really intriguing. I'm just to dumb to piece it all together.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Actually I think things are getting back on track just fine. Ignoring the obvious four same Trump fans who have to do multiple threads a day admiring his awesomeness feigning disdain, things have gotten somewhat back to normal.

I like rocket launches, those are awesome. And now that they are captured on cameras more and more, its great to see more of that and us all getting an understanding at how regularly we are in fact getting back into space. Also the anomalous astrological bodies that enter the solar system are good to look into.

World war 3 and the cover stories that hide their attacks are fun too. Definitely ancient and lost civilizations stuff. With all them new satellites in the sky, we are rediscovering some very isolated lost outposts and settlements from civilizations we mostly forgot about. I think that is really cool.

Although, I do long for some new bigfoot stuff! We will just have to settle for the Primal Rage movie coming out later this year though for now. There are only so much reports on Area 51 updates though that can be generated in a year I fear.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I completely agree. Everything but current events (which is typically political nonsense) has been discussed to the point that there isn't going to be much more to say.

So someone starts talking about some secret something, instantly you see the same replies you see every time. There's no point making a thread on it, there's no point discussing it.

I really wish we could filter subforums. If we can, someone tell me how!

Another thing I've noticed is a sort of glee people have over proving someone else wrong, or for missing a piece in the article, or not knowing some obscure fact. I'm totally guilty of being a dick. I think we all need to be reminded that people get exited to share something and start a discussion, and the snarky comments could have well been leveled at the rest of us if we hadn't already learned X video was actually a hoax.

I've been around long enough (lurked for a long time, then had another account that I completely forgot while on hiatus) so I know how often these "ATS is bad now threads" get brought up. I used to think people were being dumb and usually didn't realize that election cycles were a poo show. Now I agree, it's gone downhill pretty drastically in the last year or two.

I used to come here expecting to see stuff that was breaking news, now I come here after I've found it somewhere else out of habit. Meh.

I also think things are just more easily debunked now.

The aircraft projects sub forum is awesome, but I don't understand half of the acronyms, don't understand all the little in jokes, and it's a tight knit community that I don't want to intrude on. I don't know ANYTHING about it, even though I find it fascinating. The advice seems to be "read all the threads and you'll get it!". I have, and I don't. It's the last place on ATS that is really intriguing. I'm just to dumb to piece it all together.

I agree, but there is alot of new info still coming out, everyday. I read it, but don't care to share anymore. For example....

JetPack Aviation, the firm behind the ‘world’s only true jetpack,’ has unveiled its latest prototype at CES in Las Vegas. The team showed off a massive new design geared toward short, fast trips using six turbo jet engines to travel over 150 miles an hour. JetPack Aviation teamed up with Insta360 to show off the upcoming JB11 jetpack at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join