It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela to Launch National Cryptocurrency: The Petro

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: projectvxn
Yes it is.

Every nation on Earth has the right and responsibility to protect their citizens and property from piracy, theft, or confiscation by hostile actors.

Correct and that is called policing.

We both know you are trying to characterize this as the "Team America World Police" caricature.

Now you're just playing games. Try to be honest with what you say.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

We both know you are trying to characterize this as the "Team America World Police" caricature.

No I'm not. Now who is inferring things?

Now you're just playing games. Try to be honest with what you say.

I've been honest from the start.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Makes no difference to me. I am not part of the world police.

The first thing you said. Without context, we both know what this refers to. Now stop playing games with me. I'm done.

And this is the last thing I'll say to you.
edit on 5 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The first thing I said was "Sounds good, hope it works for them."

To which you replied by mentioning the police actions by the US and I simply reminded you that I am not party to those actions.

None of that is untrue.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is awkward.

I was going to start the Cowboyo.

It would have been backed by some pocket lint and an old harmonica I found in the yard.

How much is a cowboyo in monopoly money?

Currently if you give me 100 dollars in Monopoly money, I have to give you 10 troy ounces of gold.

I'm not very good at this yet.

I think the cowboyo has future. I'm ready to invest. Chewing leaves exchange to start.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

a reply to: daskakik

So it is OK just not this one because they might go to jail? Land of the free, I guess.

This is NOT like Bitcoin or XRP.

This is a STATE ACTOR introducing a STATE CRYPTOCURRENCY to a market that is 100% private.

This is the first NATIONAL, meaning GOVERNMENT currency.

Estonia is not far behind with their "Estcoin": link

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

There are many laws in place with regard to buying products from nations under sanctions from the US. Circumventing those laws will end up in huge fines and jail.

Imposing sanctions on sovereign nations to intimidate the leadership is the violation of international law.
So downplayed by the MSM, you just hear, "Sanctions" here and there, for this and that.

Meddlesome control freaks.

There is no law that says we MUST trade with Venezuela or anyone else.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Maybe the quazicommunist bootlickers you were trained to hate, but us true commies have always seen decentralization as the ultimate goal.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Oh man....

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Is the world ready for the Skunkbuck?
It's pretty much a banana peel.
But they are good banana peels.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

What do you use as a wallet?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

There are many laws in place with regard to buying products from nations under sanctions from the US. Circumventing those laws will end up in huge fines and jail.

Imposing sanctions on sovereign nations to intimidate the leadership is the violation of international law.
So downplayed by the MSM, you just hear, "Sanctions" here and there, for this and that.

Meddlesome control freaks.

There is no law that says we MUST trade with Venezuela or anyone else.

The way they maintain hegemonic control over other nations in the world is thru leverage applied with sanctions to induce them to conform to our will. This hegemony takes the form of world currency known as the Petro Dollar. I.e., US dollar

Petro meaning oil and dollar meaning currency or medium of exchange. All large oil transactions are made with US (Petro) dollars. Its been that way since the 70s, Nixon, Kissinger and the Saudis set it up that way.

Venezuela is a big oil producer, wants autonomy from the Petro dollar, is developing its own currency (ironically the "Petro") to keep US out of their business.

Its another indicator how fed up the world is becoming with the US Empire. China is also pressuring to change from Petro dollars to the Yuan. Libya was destroyed because Qaddafi was going to sell oil for gold. But gold still has to be transported. The beauty of digital currency is its autonomy, it is unregulated by big Banks, a transaction is but a click away.

short version

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Banana trees.

Seriously, there was king once that made a currency form the bark of trees. People counterfeited it so the King ordered all those particular trees in the Kingdom cut down, but kept a few growing at the palace compound. People snuck onto the grounds anyway and stole tree bark to make money. Eventually, all the trees were cut down and the currency failed.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

That was my initial response to reading that post as well.

Paper commies.

With the imagination you have to take the good with the bad. Communism works in fiction however so does time travel and cloning.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

That was my initial response to reading that post as well.

So you have no idea what Communism is either?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Just because you read the Communist Manifesto doesn't mean the information you have is anything but a leftist fairy tale.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Paper commies.

Indeed. Someone who's never had to live under that system preaching about it from the comforts of the market economy he lives in.

Quite entertaining to watch.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Banana trees.

Seriously, there was king once that made a currency form the bark of trees. People counterfeited it so the King ordered all those particular trees in the Kingdom cut down, but kept a few growing at the palace compound. People snuck onto the grounds anyway and stole tree bark to make money. Eventually, all the trees were cut down and the currency failed.

But then you'll need very big baggy pants to keep your wallet. Maybe a banana credit card would be more portable. "Plastic Banana"?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Just because you read the Communist Manifesto doesn't mean the information you have is anything but a leftist fairy tale.

A fairytale it may be, but you're still ignorant if you think Communism is supposed to be a centralized system.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

but you're still ignorant if you think Communism is supposed to be a centralized system.

"Supposed to be" vs IS or ISN'T.
edit on 6 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Investopedia

The country’s President Nicolas Maduro recently announced the launch of a national cryptocurrency called Petro. The cryptocurrency, which will be launched “in days” will be backed by Venezuela’s oil, gas, gold, and diamond reserves and will help it “advance in issues of monetary sovereignty, to make financial transactions and overcome the financial blockade,” Maduro said in a TV broadcast.

Sorry Venezuela, you don't get to debase your own currency, blame the US for it, and then try to steal wealth by building a #-coin. Nice try though, decentralization is antithetical to commies, however.

The blockade is in place for a reason. No company can possibly perform in your kleptocracy, and your ridiculous price controls, and out of control money printing doesn't really solidify the perceived value of a cryptocurrency that would DIRECTLY help a dictatorship.

Focus on feeding your people instead of trying to steal the world's money on Binance.

Why not since it works for the US?
We can print at will and float the inflation to suckers outside our country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join