It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested and injected with anti-psychotic drugs in mistaken identity case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hmmmm... I see a big, big payout in Mr. Wright's future.

What hell to go through. Being arrested and taken to the psycho ward and injected with drugs against his will..... all because the police and medical personnel refused to verify his identity.

But it is ok, they gave him a couple of gift cards! LOL

www.post-gazette.com... tories/201801030163

www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2018/01/03/Meadville-federal-lawsuit-wrong-man-Eugene-Wright-police-injected-drugs-Meadville-Medical-Center/stories/ 201801030163

Eugene Wright of Meadville says police and medical workers got the wrong man when they transported him to the local hospital this summer and injected him with anti-psychotic drugs against his will, thinking he was someone else.

"The experience that I went through, this should never happen to anybody. It's very simple to check ID," said Mr. Wright, 63. "These people need to be held responsible."

But everyone refused to verify his identity, he said. And if he didn't cooperate, he said, the police officers threatened to hold him down so the drugs could be injected by a nurse. He didn't want to be restrained so, after 10 minutes of arguing, he let the nurse inject him.

The officer apologized to the daughter and left the hospital, according to the suit.

Mr. Wright said the hospital later apologized to him and gave him a $50 gift card for a restaurant. The crisis center also apologized and gave him a $25 Walmart gift card.

edit on 3-1-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So $75 worth of gift cards for a false arrest and forcibly injecting an unknown (to him) drug into his bloodstream? What kind of compensation is that? He will most likely sue and win the case, and rightfully so. At least that's my hope.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Signs of the times,

ie PSYCHOTIC POLICE STATE.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
75$ in gift cards..FFS, they didn't really think they were going to get out of it that easy?
A good lawyer is going to make it hurt.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
75$ in gift cards..FFS, they didn't really think they were going to get out of it that easy?

I bet they did. Never under estimate the short sighted. A meal and some junk from WalMart and he'll forget all about this.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
And no one is bother by the fact they can inject ANYONE with drugs without consent ?
Freedom

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is the craziest thing I've read today!

I would not let anyone inject me, they would have had to hold me down, and after the ordeal, I would be planning what my tropical vacation house would look like with my lawsuit money!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"And if he didn't cooperate, he said, the police officers threatened to hold him down so the drugs could be injected by a nurse. He didn't want to be restrained so, after 10 minutes of arguing, he let the nurse inject him.

After that, according to the complaint, "things were starting to get pretty fuzzy." "

- that's some seriously creepy '1984' level dystopia. outrageous.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
And no one is bother by the fact they can inject ANYONE with drugs without consent ?
Freedom

The land of the free to be injected and restrained just because.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Hopefully he didn't sign a waiver.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If only they checked his name, as normal, non corrupt, professional do. But hey they won't have to pay up if sued, that will be up to the tax payers as usual.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Heres the meds he received:

According to a federal civil lawsuit filed Wednesday, doctors injected Wright with Haldol, an antipsychotic medication and Ativan, which is used to treat anxiety disorders

www.wpxi.com...

So police don't ask for I.D. anymore..?
What if he has drug allergies..?

Meadville is small.
Realy? 2 Eugene Wrights live there? I checked the White Pages phone listings. He's the only one there...

So many WTF's about this bothers me.

Edit: Bet $20's they billed his insurance. Gift cards! What???
edit on 3-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Something similar happened to a woman I know. Her mother, who had dementia, told the local police she assaulted her and that she was a schizophrenic! They took her to the local mental hospital.

After a week she had a hearing to determine whether or not she had to stay longer. She was represented by a woman she'd never met before. This woman claimed to know her and told the hearing officer that she knew her and she was a major mental patient.

She was denied access to her attorney.

After two weeks of "playing the game" she was released. She talked to a lawyer who told her she had no case because her mother had dementia, but the police had no evidence of that fact at the time.

People are lost in this system all the time, people who should never be in it.
edit on 1/3/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Grandpa says don't ever let anyone give you a pill or inject anything. Resist all the way, then take them down in court. Sue the city, county, state, and police department. Then sue each one that did that

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That ought to be worth a million bucks. The police should have verified his identity and the Hospital should not have given him that medicine, they broke the law, someone should be losing their job or license at the hospital.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Wow, what a fiasco! The police failed, the medical facility failed, and to add insult to injury, they give him gift cards?? There is no excuse for not verifying his identity, and they had every opportunity. hope he owns them with this is settled.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I need to stress this too.

PYXIS med station.

www.bd.com...

You can't get meds out of this machine without a patient's:
Name
Date of birth
Medical records ID
Etc...

And the patient has to have their wrist band read off before receiving

ANY MEDICATION

Most systems now have a bar code scanner too.
THERE IS NO WAY THEY COULD HAVE GOTTEN PAST THIS...
This alone Would have, Should have cuaght the Error.
There is an emergency bypass code...
but this guy was coerced and imprisoned in a matter of 10 or so minutes... more than enough time to catch an error.

This is extreme neglect in patient care.

G'Zus!!

Hope he wins.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit more:

Not sure why this is giving me Epistaxis... but.
Perhaps it's because I've transported PT's from Meadville to AGH before...
(I need a nose clamp!)😠
But this thread is the first I've heard of this. Let's see where it goes..
edit on 4-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm thinking he won't have to worry anymore if he was thinking of early retirement,should get enough to put the whole incident behind him,sadly this kind of thing happens all the time,usally they just dump them on skid row,they are unable and have no one to advocate for them

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

So he gets a free blast of ativan or maybe haldol. Gets a gift card. Definitely gonna sue and get a fat check...
Sounds like a pretty good day to me

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

Exactly, lost to the system especially if deceased. Knew someone who died from a hospital visit, possibly before their time, they were already very ill(terminal) and had a heart attack while being detained by police and the hospital staff. They had consented to be seen but wanted to leave early, staff wasn't having that. If he was on his way out could have at least let him pass in peace at home. Family didn't care enough to go after the truth of the situation, because of disowning him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join