It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lowkey... Fire In The Booth Part 2... HipHop.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
One for the HipHop heads...

This is Lowkey...
Conscious/Activist Rapper From London, UK.

He is quite literally a phenomenal lyricist...
And truly has the ability to bring a tear to the listeners eye.

Some of you may be aware of the Fire In The Booth series that’s been a staple for British rappers to show their skills, it’s been going for many years now.

This is Lowkey’s 2nd appearance, his first is also exceptional, and I would urge you to search for that when you have enough time.

The lyrics are available to read in the video...
Starting with his Alphabet Assassin style, carrying on from his 1st FITB, only this time going from Z-A instead.

Then he gets into what can only be described as powerful...
With many political references, as is his MO, but scattered throughout are also references to the Grenfell Tower fire, which claimed many lives last year in London...
Lowkey knew many of them, they were his neighbours, living across the road from each other.

He has a whole song dedicated to Grenfell too, and again, it’s highly recommended.

I’ll stop talking now, and let you get into 13minutes worth of brilliance.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Thank you Hazardous1408!

I have heard of this artist. When it comes to rap, i mostly listen to Finnish underground rappers, but this guy pronounces great so i can understand. It is 4:40AM in Finland now but i just don't want to sleep anymore because enough nightmares is enough. This sounds like it may kickstart my day after a bad night.

Much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hope your day improved, Fin.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Low Key has been one of my fav artists for the past few years. That's a great track. You can always count on him for the real words. Like this one. Incredible, the first verse alone is powerful but the way he flips it in the second is outstanding. Really selfless....

new topics

top topics

join