It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird 'subsets' of the Men In Black

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lathroper

During all that time, how much time have you spent looking into these reports?

Have you talked to anyone that claimed to have had any MIB encounters?

You did post a few cases, but were these your personal findings, or just reposting the research done by others?

It's respectable that you've been looking into UFOlogy all that time, but why would you conclude that only sightings matter?

During my time as a field investigator for MUFON, I had gone out to many post sightings, and had taken samples of soil from a possible landing (one turned out to be clearly a HOAX, and the other is still up in the air due to radiation in the sample). I had a fun and enlightening encounter with earthquake lights (these were being reported as UFO landings, but after seeing these with my own eyes and researching the geology of the area, I had concluded that it was EQ Lights). More to the point of this thread; I had conducted a follow up on a MIB encounter. (Since this MIB case sounded similar to my personal investigation into the Shadow People Phenomena, I had taken the time to go over my own files to see what could be over lapping statements. This was when it became clear that many MIB reports could be attributed to the US Navy looking into the UFO phenomena as well as some HOAX's. Still a few cases did pop out as being neither HOAX or US Navy, so where does that leave us? To me it means that for now we can't simply write off the MIB thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

t's called an "customizable alien app"! What you've read is fiction.

i learn something new everyday. thanks dude.

I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. But these times have created another breed of thinkers who accept provable fake news as real and don't bother pursuing the truth or the reason behind the fake news. As an example we have the infamous Roswell UFO crash. There is no evidence to support but it has gotten so out of hand that if all of the principals were to come back and make their truthful comments decrying the lack of truth in modern reports, they wouldn't be believed. If the sleeping dog had been left to lie, there would not be the Roswell UFO Crash industry started and helped along by Stanton Friedman and his author cohorts.

The Roswell UFO crashed on quicksand but didn't sink deep enough. No Men In Black in sight.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Dan Aykroyd had a run in with the MIB.

Buncha Chinese jew lookin mofos

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
Thanks for sharing this.
It's seems that the common identity of the MIB is confused with the shadow person, IMO those are two different things.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: Lathroper

During all that time, how much time have you spent looking into these reports?

Have you talked to anyone that claimed to have had any MIB encounters?

You did post a few cases, but were these your personal findings, or just reposting the research done by others?

It's respectable that you've been looking into UFOlogy all that time, but why would you conclude that only sightings matter?

During my time as a field investigator for MUFON, I had gone out to many post sightings, and had taken samples of soil from a possible landing (one turned out to be clearly a HOAX, and the other is still up in the air due to radiation in the sample). I had a fun and enlightening encounter with earthquake lights (these were being reported as UFO landings, but after seeing these with my own eyes and researching the geology of the area, I had concluded that it was EQ Lights). More to the point of this thread; I had conducted a follow up on a MIB encounter. (Since this MIB case sounded similar to my personal investigation into the Shadow People Phenomena, I had taken the time to go over my own files to see what could be over lapping statements. This was when it became clear that many MIB reports could be attributed to the US Navy looking into the UFO phenomena as well as some HOAX's. Still a few cases did pop out as being neither HOAX or US Navy, so where does that leave us? To me it means that for now we can't simply write off the MIB thing.

I do not mean any disrespect but I'm too old to accept fantasies.

edit on 1/15/2018 by Lathroper because: To add additional comments.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
John Keel even says it himself: "distortions of reality." It's either a misinterpretation of an actual occurrence, an hallucination, or a lie.

Blurry photographs are not convincing, and eyewitness accounts are rarely if ever 100% accurate. Here's an article from Scientific American on the topic.

www.scientificamerican.com...

A few years before William of Occam made his pithy pronouncement while shaving one day, Ptolemy wrote, "We consider it good principle to explain phenomena by the simplest hypothesis possible."

That explanation answers the question for me right now. Although I will remain open minded, I still have a pretty good bubble on the difference between "possible" and "probable," until more compelling evidence is presented to support these extraordinary claims.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Occam's razor, pathological liar

I wish it was true, but it's not

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
Speaking of branches off of the MIB.

What are the chances that one of the branches is Cicada3301, OPRP or any of the other online secret society groups?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join