It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only One Thing Worse...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There's only one thing worse than being terribly sick with the flu/plague/whatever.

It's when your wife, husband or SO gets sick.

My wonderful bride never gets sick, but this evil crap has infected every spore of humanity, and it's AWFUL!!! It is "Misery" defined.

Over the past couple days I've improved, but now my dear bride has come down with it. I will dote on her and care for her every need, I feel so badly for her. I've never been this sick in years and years...it just doesn't let up! Right about the time you think it's getting better, you CRASH! It's horrible.

I thought mine was due to lack of sleep, not eating and stress to the extremes, but it turns out this nasty thing knows no bounds.

It is "wicked" in the extremes, and at one point I though I might even have to call 9-1-1 (it's that bad) (heart arrhythmia, fever, dizziness bordering on loss of consciousness, confusion, nausea, etc.) Just brutal. After a few days it seems like it starts to go away, then just comes back and smacks you in the face like a brickbat and laughs at you. It's crushing.

Homey don' play dat, but this nastiness OWNED me.

Now, sadly my beautiful wife has it. Not sure she got it from me (but probably)...everyone else at her work are barfing out their guts now too.

I just feel bad for her, really bad. I wish I could make her feel better.

BUT...I did buy some Mac & Cheese (which is her favorite)...for a little bit of "comfort" food (oh, and several cans of Chicken Noodle).

Poor girl.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oh, and one other thing for the ladies...

I will completely admit, guys are the WORST sick people. I am a complete pussy when it comes to being sick.

I can live on a daily basis with beltsander on my (insert private parts), but when I'm sick I'm a complete baby. And, I am.

That said, she got it bad, and I feel bad as a result

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wishing that you both get well really soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You have had a tuff few weeks buddy, best wishes, stay warm, and keep pushing the fluids.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Oh FCD how sweet of you to care so much about your wife and realize she is as sick as you were.

My ex used to tell me I couldn't get up and take care of the sick children if I was as sick as he was. Well, that is just what mama's do. It was maybe 20 years later that he said, If I had known you were that sick I would have helped.

Go forward a few years and I was sick. He ran me a bubble bath, washed me, helped me get dressed and put me back to bed and yes some chicken soupl

Just a learning process and a lot of love which it seems you have. Hope your lady gets well soon and you both appreciate how you helped each other

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I never get sick.
That is a false statement.
I rarely get sick.
Three times in my 40 plus years of life, I have had bugs that led me to believe I might die.
106 degrees plus fever for three of four days, lungs filling with fluid and hallucinating.
It is no fun. I feel for you and wish you well.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
your not kidding, I had not been this sick in YEARS!
WTH hell did the pharmaceutical companies produce this season? Imagine both being sick at the same time. The toddlers took over the house for a day. It was a disaster, but we just did not have the energy to keep them from running amock, especially without the risk of getting them sick ourselves. We had to split dinner duty and dishes and stuff. Wednesday , we can say wit utmost honestly, was the very worst day of the entire year for us.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Just a suggestion:

I the poor lass is not allergic, and otherwise not averse to the thought...

Add a healthy dose of fresh garlic to that chicken soup. Can work wonders. And tastes delicious, too. Especially with canned soup, which can be a bit bland.

Personally, I stand by Chinese Hot Sour soup (with chicken added to taste, if you prefer) for my maladies.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My nine-lived fur baby is sick with sneezing, watery eyes and an upper respiratory infection.
The vet gave her meds, but...she's all sickly and she can't speak English to tell me what I can do.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

(post by Flyingclaydisk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well, that escalated quickly.

You guys must have the immigrant flu, I heard its so bad you could lose your sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Must be the very malady, cuz you're right.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Flu sux, I'd sling you beer although I suspect it would be warm by the time it got to you, and no doubt you wouldn't feel better... I hope it passes soon.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thanks!

I think mine is going to be gone before hers will be though, unfortunately.

It definitely does suck though (probably worst ever for me, and I just know she feels like a frog on a hot sidewalk).

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They're saying this year's flu season could be really bad. The vaccine strain shifted after they'd put it in the vaccine so the shot is only about 10% effective for the breakout strain this year, and that one is a ringer of a flu bug.

I'm sorry to hear you both got it. Flu is never fun and it hits hard and hits low.

I'm a bit worried because I got a mild upper respiratory illness back around Thanksgiving and it aggravated my asthma and now this cold, super dry air has me coughing every time I set foot outdoors. I've been hitting my inhaler hard and normally, I don't even know I have asthma. If I pull this thing down, I could be in real trouble.

You two sound like you're normally pretty healthy stock though, so you should pull through it OK. Just take good care of the lady and yourself while you're at it.

Garlic in that chicken soup sounds like a capital idea. We're making a big pot of green pozole ourselves and that's got a ton of garlic in it for the same reasons! Garlic improves the taste and is good for the immune system. It's even a top ingredient for holistic fish food.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Man, I feel for the both of you! That stuff is making its way around my family for the second time. Just got word that I'll be babysitting the newest member of the clan for a few hours tonight. Her Mom and Dad are both sick with this ugly bug and the Aunt who is taking care of her has to go take care of another sick relative. So I get to play with the three-month old---if she's awake! She has just recently discovered her toes---what a bundle of joy!

top topics

join