It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-Files Returns Again!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I thought it was great, but there were tons of reviews and people who thought it sucked.
I liked how they filled in some of the back story, and brought some current and relevant topics into the mix.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

yes, and I really liked the lead in to the installment, showing a set with a faked moon landing too.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wow did i enjoy that 10/10 this episode should have been called confessions of a smoking man volume 2 , So the Marlboro man is called K.G B ush
And Skinner still looks like Robert McNamara check

It's like the old days again

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Watched the first episode last night and it was very underwhelming in my opinion. I hope Chris Carter didn't write anymore episodes this season. The myth-arc of the show has become so convoluted that I'm not even interested anymore. Last night's premiere was no different. I'm not even sure what I watched other than the blatant Ford Mustang commercial... err, I mean car chase.

However, I'm still all in for the monster-of-the-week episodes.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

me too. Pulling up all kinds of monsters from the older shows. Got the flukeman the other day. Loved it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Huge fan of the show, but imo, probably shouldn’t have been brought back.
Not impressed w/ the 1st return episode.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I liked it also.
I'm not much a stickler for critiquing this and that...
I like getting to the drip-drip info about predictive programming of real world black ops ..i like to think the X-Files has always given...(in an embellished manner of course)

so this story line fits my taste!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

I got bored with the x-files years ago and never got into it at the time because of my working hours at the time and the fact i have a short attention span

Well the Bees that bugged me in the Original series and made me stop watching are now playing in my head as Tinnitus

But the last season to me was rubbish [ give me the money.com ] but that episode of the x-files was up there with the best almost as prophetic as the lone gun man 9-11 episode !

What was it Clinton went mad about Carter having more access than he did , well so internet rumor said !

Should have been called Confessions of a smoking man vol 2 it cover all the bases as in the B ushes SAYING IF THE PUBPLIC had known we would have been strung up from the nearest lamp post ??

Kind of like in Mr h Carter 1920s saying after he had been SACKED from a dig at KV 63

if the TRUTH BE KNOWN THE WESTERN WORLD WILL COLLAPSE OVERNIGHT ? i know nothing about the cemetery of the APES

www.goodreads.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Heads up for the second new show tomorrow night, and it looks like there is all but 5 shows for this season. In tomorrow nights show an old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, according to the show description.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Episode 2 tonight!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ok, while I watched the new episode, I wasn't real sure on everything that was going on, so I resorted to this. That helped me out a lot!!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just watched #2. I don't think I want anymore seasons of X-Files. It's over.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

ah cr@p havent had a chance to watch this season yet and was hoping for something worthwhile.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Side note: Scully sounds like she smoked a carton of cigarettes and drank a fifth of whiskey. What the heck happened? It's unattractive.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Episode #3 tonight, Just found out its being mentioned on some website that IF there is another season that Scully will not be in it sorry to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just watched ep 1 - 3, meh overall but will stick with it.

Looks like they are almost trying to hard to be trendy or funny at times.

Scully character needs some work. She has been involved in a quadrillion strange cases from aliens to after life events and she still acts like its crazy talk when mulder brings up some fringe science stuff. Its gotten old, not saying she should become Mulder 2 but how many times can she run into the wall, lol

edit on 20131America/ChicagoThu, 18 Jan 2018 15:20:51 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I liked episode 3. Other than the premise about doppelgangers trying to cause harm to their doppelgangers I wasn't sure if there was some deeper premise at work here. I enjoyed this installment. But, I am still going through all the previous seasons and finding much more to be exited about overall. The 3rd season had some doozies about ufo/alien cover up conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: data5091

I really hope they will stick to the kind of format which made them great and not some weak story like last time they returned..

I agree. I loved how they covered all aspects of the paranormal during the first run. I have so many great memories of friday nights as a kid watching the X Files.

Yes, as I type I'm watching episode 4 and so far it is entertaining as they were. Mark Snow contributing with the music bring some of those warm feelings of the 90's back. Sitting on the couch like a patato watching the x-files.

So far so good..

edit on 25/1/2018 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Now I also enjoyed last nights new episode too. There were flashbacks that I remembered from "Twilight Zone" especially as it related to the opening scene. I did come away with the distinct impression, that this could be the last season sadly. And loved the ending sequence with the alien's comments about a wall. Wonder who that was directed at??!!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I am now well into the very first season of the show, and once again, totally falling all over in love with the show. One of my very favorite shows ever, was the one about the creepy humanoid guy who resurfaces every 100 years or so to do his killings. He has the brown semi glow eyes. Loved this show. The commercials for the return series look promising as they hint about "getting closer to the truth."

I remember that one.. any chance you know what season and episode this particular episode was..?

While I am at it... to all of you files lovers... what is your most "exciting" episode?

edit on 25/1/2018 by zatara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join