It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple admits to slowing older iPhones.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

The iPhone battery is not irreplaceable. It definitely can be replaced and if you’re really handy with electronics, you can even do it yourself.

My wife’s iPhone 6 had battery problems a while back and we were contemplating having it replaced but we opted to purchase her the new iPhone 7 instead.

I could have purchased the new battery for about $25 and the tech counter at my local Best Buy store said they would charge another $20 to change it out.

Only reason we opted for the new iPhone was because they threw in this iPad I’m messaging on right now. One of deals that was hard to decline.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I would agree with a lot of what you said about Apple tech.

However despite my preference for android devices , Apple does provide a more stable environment for users .

My wife ,friends and other family members have a lot less problems with their iphones than with my android device. I have also noticed this when I changed my parents and son from an iphone to android device and vice versa.

I even gave IPHONE a chance once out of frustration with android , but I hated the limitations and the number of clicks to do things I could do in one step with android so I went back to android.

Android gives us more leading edge hardware tech,options, customizations, and flexibility but because of that android also gives us more hiccups.

Having said that, I have also noticed with the newer Apple devices that stability is shrinking.

edit on 291231America/ChicagoThu, 21 Dec 2017 12:29:22 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

People get their phone batteries replaced all the time, yes. A battery replacement can run around $200 or so for a flagship device.

A new phone in it's entirety? From Apple, that's 700-900 dollars.

They could install an application or software to tell you when you need a new battery and forego the system chugging updates, but then they're losing out on an additional $500 per device that needs a battery.

........ And this goes along with a comment I made on an earlier thread. "If you think business is all about the customer, you need to reevaluate your thinking process."

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
People never learn in 1938 a women was almost killed by a apple .
Her name snow white its been over 70 years and still people take bytes out of apples .
Well what do you expect wicked step mothers ( the lot of them ) have been poison for a long time .

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

I could have had my wife’s iPhone 6 battery replaced for under $50 total. Don’t know where you get this $200 price tag. And I know what new ones cost, I’ve purchased several.

Just the same, I agree that Apple is doing this to sell more phones and IMO, it should be illegal for them to intentionally retard a device that I bought & paid for.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

My sister has an SE with Verizon plan, she was just saying this to me, that she swears they are slowing it down. She also said she will never pay 900.00 for a phone, $400.00 was enough, and she can easily afford it.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I made a change to Apple (phones and a mac) and after about 6 months I understood first hand what a complete pile of cheap junk their products are and how god awful their software is. Hastily switched back to a pc and Android phone.
edit on 21/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Of course it’s done so you will pay to upgrade. Happens on all their devices. After it’s about two years old you really shouldn’t do their software updates. The new software just doesn’t work with the older hardware.

If they were being fair they wouldn’t offer the updates to one it’s not compatible with. By “offer” I mean those annoying pop up alerts telling you one is availableto install.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join