It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is True Pundit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Several Months ago I heard that True Pundit was the work of ex FBI agents. Never heard anything else and didn't pursue it.
Today I was perusing their twitter feed related to a claim about Michael Hastings. Thomas Paine (who seems to be the collective name for True Pundit) had twitted this

#MichaelHastings Day of Reckoning ... True Pundit's Christmas present to the world.
twitter

As I went further I found some twits by an angry Thomas Paine regarding Seth Abramson. He admitted not reading all of it. I can no longer find Paine's twits regarding Abramson and his link to Abramson's tread was gone. However I did find it on Abamson's page

Abramson, who is left wing, created a thread reader

The first 7-8 posts goes into True Pundits history and mentions how 'right wing' they are but it all leads to the final 3 posts below

27/ But here's what you *really* need to understand: the FBI quickly became aware of this website—at the highest levels—and *acknowledged*, internally, that the people behind True Pundit had access to intel from *current* FBI agents. Even *James Comey* was aware of True Pundit.

29/ Documents acquired via FOIA requests by (of all organizations) Judicial Watch reveal that Andrew McCabe, Comey's deputy, believed that True Pundit had "heavyweight" sources within the FBI. While Comey was skeptical, he *acknowledged* the sources were *definitely* FBI sources.

30/ When McCabe forwarded a True Pundit story to Comey on October 24, 2016, calling its source on Clinton "heavyweight," Comey demurred, saying "This still reads to me like someone not involved in the investigation at all, maybe somebody who heard rumors."

It strikes me that Comey seems rather unconcerned at the time.
edit...this also struck me as interesting in the timing which is right after their article on Sexual Harrasment within the FBI.

So True Pundit seems to be ex FBI agents who continue to have contacts within FBI. Or possibly some agents recruited them to get the story out.
edit on 9-12-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Think former agents, who are against what the agency has become...

Yes, there are still fantastic folks working there who have the best interests of the USA at heart...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Everything on twitter is true.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Good find....reading up. True Pundit has always been tarred by the Left as Fake News. Personally I never knew it was mainly formed by retired FBI.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Is everything on Twitter false?

Why don't we try to prove and verify the claims one way or the other?
.Here's a Seth Abramson on CNN..

He's described as a professor in this video and as an attorney in a 10/31 clip.

Link to YT video
edit on 9-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

link   

You finally accepted as a fact all what Trump said on Twitter.

edit on 9-12-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Phage

I doubt it about True Pundit however
edit on 12/9/2017 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ask your guy Seth Abramson Wikipedia

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

My guy?
I never heard of him before I clicked that link.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
He also mention that the FBI was going to...paraphrase for one word (throw Flynn under the bus) 10 months ago. this articleactually came out in June but resurfaced a couple days ago.

As to Hastings, God I hope the truth come out.

edit to change 20 months to 10 months

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

My guy?

CNN thinks he's a Trump expert, so you know it has to be true.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My guy?

Well neither did I till I read the post and checked. Now we both know.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Have you read anything on True Pundit? The true in their name holds the same significance as the Democratic in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yes I have and only reported this because there has been questions here. Would you like to expand on what you are saying make the connection?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Yes I have and only reported this because there has been questions here. Would you like to expand on what you are saying make the connection?

The reason Comey wouldn't be concerned about it, is because, well, it's true pundit. Their stories are obviously fake, and even he said as much in the quote in your OP.

I think it's an obvious deflection away from who true pundit actually is to try to say they're ran by ex-FBI agents, but for the sake of discussion let's say they are. This raises some troubling questions...

If this is true does this mean rogue FBI agents are working with ex-FBI agents in a conspiracy to disseminate right wing propaganda? Is true pundit secretly an arm of the Trump government?

If you're right, this may be part of the real "deep state". Not the fictional Trump supporter bogeyman, but the actual intelligence apparatus that Trump now controls.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Have you read anything on True Pundit? The true in their name holds the same significance as the Democratic in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The Twitter thread is from a known Anti Trump "expert". What's their rationale for stating what they did?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The Twitter thread is from a known Anti Trump "expert". What's their rationale for stating what they did?

Who knows? Any guess would only be a guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No one said they were ex FBI, in the begining I said I heard they were. In the end I questioned if they were or if they were someone recruited by agents.

You are obviously being selective. Then there is this quoted above "really* need to understand: the FBI quickly became aware of this website—at the highest levels—and *acknowledged*, internally, that the people behind True Pundit had access to intel from *current FBI agents
and this
" Documents acquired via FOIA requests by (of all organizations) Judicial Watch reveal that Andrew McCabe, Comey's deputy, believed that True Pundit had "heavyweight" sources within the FBI. While Comey was skeptical, he *acknowledged* the sources were *definitely* FBI sources".

Then there is also the possibility, since we are hypothesizing here, that Comey wants the truth out and had his hands tied.

Lot of possibilities, but the fact remains they have access to inside sources. And yes, anyone not on board in a very left wing coverup could be considered rough. What would you call McCabe and Strzok? Loyal?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No one said they were ex FBI, in the begining I said I heard they were. In the end I questioned if they were or if they were someone recruited by agents.

You are obviously being selective. Then there is this quoted above "really* need to understand: the FBI quickly became aware of this website—at the highest levels—and *acknowledged*, internally, that the people behind True Pundit had access to intel from *current FBI agents
and this
" Documents acquired via FOIA requests by (of all organizations) Judicial Watch reveal that Andrew McCabe, Comey's deputy, believed that True Pundit had "heavyweight" sources within the FBI. While Comey was skeptical, he *acknowledged* the sources were *definitely* FBI sources".

Then there is also the possibility, since we are hypothesizing here, that Comey wants the truth out and had his hands tied.

Lot of possibilities, but the fact remains they have access to inside sources. And yes, anyone not on board in a very left wing coverup could be considered rouge. What would you call McCabe and Strzok? Loyal?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

. This raises some troubling questions...

If this is true does this mean rogue FBI agents are working with ex-FBI agents in a conspiracy to disseminate right wing propaganda? Is true pundit secretly an arm of the Trump government?

If you're right, this may be part of the real "deep state". Not the fictional Trump supporter bogeyman, but the actual intelligence apparatus that Trump now controls.

What about negative FBI attributed leaks about Trump in the current media? Are those troubling to you as well?

From the latest news, it appears the FBI was politicized well before Trump was elected.

It's not good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join