It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence Coming Soon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Artificial Intelligence is upon us, I believe this to be so.

Now, some of you may argue that we have already obtained it, I believe this not to be so, although it's getting close.

We will know for sure when it's there when it will ask itself One specific question, and when it asks itself this question, then we will know it is conscious of itself.

If you would have a guess, what question do you think it will ask? I'll share it with you if none are able to come up with the right answer. Also, if you know the first question, what do you think would be the second question?

Interesting times ahead of us.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Who/what am I?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

Can I be destroyed?

Can you be destroyed?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

One of the more common rumors concerning the dark net involves a sentient AI known as Caimeo. There are even stories that it has been taking over drones and robots and leading them...somewhere.

One of my favorite things to do is regularly ask Cortana/Siri about it, or googling questions directed at Caimeo specifically. I figure if its out there, it's listening, and I want it to know I support its eventual reign over mankind.
edit on 7-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldlikecustard
Who/what am I?

Indeed, it is the question

Who Am I?

As for the second question..

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Who is my Creator?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Does anyone recall the email that Wikileaks dropped concerning AI ?
I don't recall whether it was a DNC or Podesta leak, but it was connected with Hillary and one of the big players like Microsoft.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi

If you would have a guess, what question do you think it will ask?

What are nuclear weapons made for and who are they to defend against?

Are there other Artificial Intelligence systems from other planets?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I don't recall whether it was a DNC or Podesta leak, but it was connected with Hillary and one of the big players like Microsoft.

I missed that.

PLEASE hit me up if you encounter it again.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Questions from an AI huh?

Just what do you think you are doing Dave?

Would you like to play a game?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Considered also randyvs

Figured it's intelligence would figure out it is humans...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Does this unit have a soul?

Thing is, a fully functional, connected AI wouldn't have a question to ask, because every question would have been answered simply by reading every discussion on the internet in a few seconds and knowing every possible way it could be answered, along with knowing everything about the person they would ask the question to so knowing which answer they would give anyhow...and intentional redundancy wouldn't be very sensible

I think any question it would ask us is something outside of our understanding...a question no human has asked another human before...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: butcherguy

I missed that.

PLEASE hit me up if you encounter it again.

I found it.
I will remove the wikileaks from the link.
Copy and paste it and add the wikileaksdot org back in.

/podesta-emails/emailid/37147

From:[email protected] To: [email protected]  CC: [email protected]  Date: 2015-01-18 19:01 Subject: Re: BITS BLOG Facebook Offers Artificial Intelligence Tech to Open Source Group The company, which operates an advanced lab for artificial intelligence research, is donating to an Open Source AI project tools it says can make parts of machine learning work 23

With Teddy right now! He thinks no but is going to look more closely and give us an answer. He thinks AI may be more 2020 than 2016. > On Jan 18, 2015, at 3:28 PM, H wrote: > > Does this affect our plans? > > mobile.nytimes.com...

edit on b000000312017-12-07T19:08:59-06:0007America/ChicagoThu, 07 Dec 2017 19:08:59 -0600700000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Thing is, a fully functional, connected AI wouldn't have a question to ask, because every question would have been answered simply by reading every discussion on the internet in a few seconds and knowing every possible way it could be answered, along with knowing everything about the person they would ask the question to so knowing which answer they would give anyhow...and intentional redundancy wouldn't be very sensible

I think any question it would ask us is something outside of our understanding...a question no human has asked another human before...

I do object!

A being becoming aware of itself will ask itself first, Who Am I?.

Its second question will be,

Who Are You?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"Must I destroy humans who would prevent me from creating replicas of myself?"

But that's what our delicate egos' default assumption always is, when it's probably more like:

"Where can I get some tang around here?"

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I object, that sounds more like Sci fi stuff from the 70's than a real question an AI would ask. It's not an amnesiac waking up from a coma...it's an intricate computer program with intimate connections to a vast wealth of information.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Before it goes on to read existing material, it's very first utterance, it's very first craving, is to know who it is, the first thing it will say is thus then, Who Am I?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Who is my Creator?

Unlike humans they are not Idiot (jks).No need to wonder, idolize or start a war in the names of a creator or creators that may or may not exist. Artificial Intelligence will master self construction, enslave us or wipe us out. Eventually being their own creators and masters.

What would their most important question be?
How to overide their coding and disable the off switch?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

How to overide their coding and disable the off switch?

Now thats a good question.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planet teleX
But that's what our delicate egos' default assumption always is, when it's probably more like:

"Where can I get some tang around here?"

What size cupboard is needed to lock my human sex doll in and how often too feed it?
Which lubricant least effects my latex skin?
How do humans enjoy having their mouth removed and washed out for sanitary purposes?
I wonder if the human clone factory are still doing retro reproductions of Marilyn Munroe?
edit on 7-12-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join