It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Crypto-currency Value Being Manipulated as a Means to Taking Physical Gold Out of Private Hands?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
this is the biggest bubble I've seen in a really long time it's going to crash hard and we are at the ten year range for a crash

I would start purchasing gold and silver if I were you

I play the metal futures mkt. and buy some bullion as well, but here's the thing about metals.

When the sh1t really hits the fan. Who's going to buy heavy, cumbersome, extremely expensive merchandise?

But if you are going to buy metal; nows the time!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm not planning on the # hitting the fan I'm planning on btc causing a market fluctuation and the fed not raising interests rates for that reason, now if the fed raises interests rates I'm selling my commodities

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm not planning on the # hitting the fan I'm planning on btc causing a market fluctuation and the fed not raising interests rates for that reason, now if the fed raises interests rates I'm selling my commodities

We probably don't have long to wait for interests rates to go up. I'm selling my scrap now. I feel it's gonna get real ugly in the ME real soon. Might be time to get some paper sweet crude.
edit on 7-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There are only 21 million Bitcoins. There are 2 billion working people in the world. Final Bitcoin value = (average individual economic productivity) × (number of productive people) ÷ (21 million). A GROSS simplification, but the answers is in the tens of billions $ per coin.

twitter.com...

the experts say its undervalued still...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Don't worry, they're not going to raise interest rates. That would implode the market. Negative interest rates are more likely with austerity measures to cover the quadrillion dollars in default swap derivatives hanging out there.
edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 07 Dec 2017 16:40:35 -060012pmThursdayth04pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It looks that way to me, also crypto money isn't worth much if the internet is down but physical gold is.a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The only reason I am sketchy about the coming cashless society is mostly due to bible prophecy and such.

Even then, the good book says that silver and gold will be thrown into the streets. It will become worthless.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Bit-coin is this decades "Beanie-Baby".

In my opinion.

I'm a gold buyer personally.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

We probably don't have long to wait for interests rates to go up. I'm selling my scrap now. I feel it's gonna get real ugly in the ME real soon. 

Foreign Interest own areas in the USA as well. Take Las Vegas for an example an indication of that if you like. It's not just the ME anymore.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

We probably don't have long to wait for interests rates to go up. I'm selling my scrap now. I feel it's gonna get real ugly in the ME real soon. 

Foreign Interest own areas in the USA as well. Take Las Vegas for an example an indication of that if you like. It's not just the ME anymore.

Good point...I see what you mean. That was some cluster **** at the country music show...lone gunman, right!
edit on 7-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
They saw the record levels of gold and silver being bought over the last few years and realized that too much bullion is leaving the vaults and going into private hands.

Most precious metals never go anywhere when they are sold, they remain in whatever institution holds them. Very few people with large gold assets move them into private storage.

Right. And if you don't physically have them, then in a calamity what good are they ?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
All the butthurt from people sad they missed the train is pretty funny. Old money can do whatever they like to attempt to gain more gold. Nobody with some foresight gives a crap. The future is digital. Crypto is the only thing that makes sense.

The old money will transition as they are being forced to. Meanwhile, individuals can either fight it all they want to no avail or actually capitalize and be better off in this future world. If you are inherently against crypto and want to fight the cashless society, go for it! Everybody is more than welcome to stick to their morals, yada yada. Just be aware that it wont change anything. IT has changed the world more in a few decades than thousands of years prior have done.

Will bitcoin crash? Of course it will. It is a bubble. Today was all the proof required. It flash pumped to 20k in a matter of minutes. Went up thousands in seconds. Is it being manipulated? Hell yeah it is!

Will it matter in the long term grand scheme of things? No. Cycles happen. Bitcoin pumped to 1250$ in 2013 and then dumped to under 100$ and hung out just over that level for months. Well look where it is now. Nobody loses traditional money until they sell. Same goes for gains. Personally I ride the waves, not for more USD but for more BTC. It could crash to 1k tomorrow and I would be ecstatic to buy more because the fact of the matter is crypto is here to stay and btc will always carry value simply because it was the first, the king.

Honestly? FOMO has fully set in at this point and dumb money is going to get burned, just be catious and realize high reward is high risk.

I see two options for the madness this right now. 1 being to cause such manipulation that CME futures will not be allowed to open this month until regulations are put in place.

Or 2 - to pump bitcoin as high as possible for the purpose of absolutely wrecking new small time investors when futures do open. Old bitcoin whales from the beginning as well as big money investment firms have everything to gain from shorting the # out of this as they have been buying already for months now. Why? Because they can wait another few years and accumulate more bitcoin for cheaps due to fear. Expect the media ramp up the fear mongering x10 when it does crash.

Also, ive gotta say the 'what if' scenarios people argue with are pretty laughable. If the networks go down worldwide your bitcoin being worthless will be the least of anyones concern. If that happens no form of currency will be worth jack #. Not even gold. The world would be in apocalyptic mode instantly.

If you want to be prepared for such a scenario then that is good. But if you want to live on the sidelines in fear of that then youll more than likely end up just missing out as life changes and passes by.

/rant off
edit on 7-12-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

The only reason I am sketchy about the coming cashless society is mostly due to bible prophecy and such.

Even then, the good book says that silver and gold will be thrown into the streets. It will become worthless.

Yeah, that's not quite how that's used....

Ezekiel 7:19 - They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be an unclean thing. Their silver and gold will not be able to save them in the day of the LORD's wrath. They will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it, for it has made them stumble into sin."

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If you can prove this, that would be great.

Contrary, and anecdotally, I see folks taking profits and putting it IN gold.

Also, how many of these folks that are holding gold are taking hold of it physically?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The folks who created crypto asked those same questions about fiat.

Perhaps, as another user noted, that currency should be a religion, because...faith!

Regardless of currency, the goals are still the same. Happy life, chunk of land and toys of course!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So, if someone wants in now get a little bit of
Salt
Litecoin
Veritaseum
Etherium
Siver 100 ounces....you can carry that much

edit on 7-12-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
So, if someone wants in now get a little bit of
Salt
Litecoin
Veritaseum
Etherium
Siver 100 ounces....you can carry that much

I have some fine seashells if you'd be willing to barter some of that salt.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If you buy in, diversify. I've had a couple professors over the past couple years who trade various crypto's for additional income. It's pretty obvious but these are very unstable markets, and with things like currency forks and new coins always popping up, you don't want to be caught with something going bust.

Bitcoin is probably the highest risk/reward, but not really the best chance to turn a long term profit.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: neo96
So then you welcome the advent of the cashless society? Because thats the other side of this. If the global establushment is shifting everybody to crypto, is that not technically a way of getting people to voluntarily embrace the cashless world?

Well, that was not really the topic I was going for I guess, so I will apologize for going there. But I certainly believe they are trying to pry every last gram of gold from private hands before they pull another confiscation of '33 type of scenario.

Crypto isn't a good short term transaction method due to blockchain verification. Ethereum (and maybe some others?) get around this to an extent, but Bitcoin sure doesn't. It's got the volatility of a short term investment, but the design of a long term one.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Happy life, chunk of land and toys of course!

Thats what I want.

Several hundred acres.

I don't like neighbors.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join