It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Democratic Senators Call for Franken to Resign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This started with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand in a public address saying that while she felt Franken was entitled to an ethics investigation she felt he should step down.

Within minutes, a number of Democratic colleagues chimed in on Twitter, also calling for Franken to step down, including these first seven:

Mazie Hirono of Hawaii
Claire McCaskill of Missouri
Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire
Patty Murray of Washington
Kamala Harris of California
Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin
Bob Casey of Pennsylvania

This all follows a Politico story in which an unnamed "former congressional aide" claimed that Al Franken attempted to kiss her in 2006. It seems unlikely that Franken will be able to avoid resigning at this point. CNN is reporting that Franken will be making an announcement tomorrow.

EDIT to add:

Additional two are Senators Joe Donnelly of Indiana and Sherrod Brown of Ohio.
edit on 2017-12-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Since we are the ones paying the victims off with our tax dollars from the congressional slush fund, they should make public the list of all congressman / Senators who have used it.

edit on 6-12-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am going to congratulate my senator, Bob Casey for joining in, I seldom get to support something that he does.

Now if we could get the Congress to open the books on their secret slush fund to pay off the results of their sexual indiscretions.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

More Congressional schadenfreude.

I'm so giddy I could scromit.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, if it was nine, I'd be like, whatever..

But ten???

Different story.

Edit: for
for humor.
edit on 6-12-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Out of curiosity, would you also applaud him asking Moore to drop out? How about asking Trump to resign?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is not a political issue. Anyone with similar multiple, credible accusations against them should be gone. This includes Franken, Conyers, Trump, Moore, and whomever else comes out of the woodwork. The only way to squelch the culture of sexual misappropriation that has grown and festered over the last century is a groundswell of speaking out *and* taking action. This is a watershed moment in history.

link   
Just heard his aid came out and said there would be an announcement by Al Franken tomorrow. I'm betting it's his resignation speech. I'm hoping it's his resignation speech.

I imagine when the info in re the slush fund is finally known, there will be several impotent politicians leaving in shame.

link   

I have mixed feelings.

No one needs to lose thier job over accusations.

But!

Some on certain sides of the isle that he is also on call for his resignation, and as not to be hypocritical in their beliefs, must hold themselves to this high standard.

I'd leave it up to the voters after a proper investigation.

But!

Are we to summarily investigate everyones multiple accusations, thereby tying up time and resources for every one of them?

Its up to the voters, but the clutch is in informing properlyfor an educated decision.

But!

People are sheep and news is more easily ingested in small bites in between cat memes and Netflix.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Are we to summarily investigate everyones multiple accusations, thereby tying up time and resources for every one of them?

Yes, that is how the criminal justice system functions.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Since we are the ones paying the victims off with our tax dollars from the congressional slush fund, they should make public the list of all congressman / Senators who have used it.

It's mind boggling that there's a fund for settling claims of sexual harassment/assault against members of Congress at all. But yes, since we paid to settle the claims, I think the books should be thrown open and then the fund should be dissolved and a law passed which prevents the establishment of a similar fund in the future.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm all for it.
Every last one of them should step down--including the groper in chief.
And maybe that idiot Moore should back out too.
T'would be a nice Christmas indeed.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I could scromit.

Fake news. Propaganda. Psyops. No such thing.

But if it were real I would pay a hefty fee to see you scromit.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Agreed. Problem is, the ones who use it are the same ones who would have to pass those laws. It's just like term limits, it'll never happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Guilty until proven innocent.

It is the thing in 2017.

link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
But if it were real I would pay a hefty fee to see you scromit.

I would love to scromit on Congress but that would be like scromiting on scromit.

link   
Franken will get a double hit in that he will be not only ostracized from politics but also the entertainment world.

He was really never that big like an Eddie Murphy, though he has about 10 mil-- he may not quit because he may need the money

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: butcherguy

Out of curiosity, would you also applaud him asking Moore to drop out? How about asking Trump to resign?

If photographic evidence of either one of them sexually harassing someone came out... sure, I would applaud him.

Matt Lauer Friars Club Roast

BTW, I am calling for the House to open the books on their secret sex payoff slush fund..... IF you don't think there are Republican names on that list, then you are just silly. I fully expect that they are just as guilty. If the proof comes out... get them out of office .
edit on b000000312017-12-06T12:09:35-06:0012America/ChicagoWed, 06 Dec 2017 12:09:35 -06001200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This is becoming more of a bigger deal than I thought it would.

I think that if they are innocent, they should not step down. Fight it all the way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join