It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sad how tragedy strikes in a moment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Oh, that's a horror and I, like others here, really feel your pain. Sorry just doesn't cover it.

My children were quite young when visiting my mother in the country, on her 20 acres, and playing with her new puppy when a ferocious neighbor's dog ran into her yard mauling and killing the puppy in front of us all. I attacked that monster of a beast with everything I had and was bitten and bruised but it didn't matter.

We all screamed and cried. We were having our yearly visit with my mother because we lived 1000 miles away. Our happiness was destroyed. My children were devastated and I was hurt. We suspected who the owners were but it was in the country so we never knew.

I honestly had nothing to balm my children's pain. We could hardly speak of it. Eventually we flew home and returned to our lives. I am so grateful that they barely remember and we never brougt it up.

I hope you can recover-it is unbearable at this time. Here's hoping your family can find some peace in the days to come. It's a deep pain, I know.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
my first thought is that your dog depended on you to protect him, you (and your family) were the alpha males in the pack and you all let him die, I wouldn`t worry about your kids, as a pet person I`m sure you will have more pets and they will die eventually also so your kids will get used to pets dying,but your dog will never understand why the alpha male of the pack didn`t protect him.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Your poor family; I pray you all heal as quickly as possible. I’m so sorry

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
O god.. that is horrible! I am so very sorry. It's awful losing a dear family friend, and in such a shocking way..
I'm so terribly sorry.. Sending cyber [[hugs]] to you and your family..

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Wow, that puts things in perspective. Sorry is enough.

I know how you felt there getting bit and fighting with all you had. That is a far worse story than I had to tell though. I'm glad your children are okay.

Thank you so much for your deep felt sympathy, I'm sorry for the things your family had to endure.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

I don't understand your first comment there, we did all we could do to protect our dog. Also I don't understand the intention behind the rest of your post but thanks for your reply.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Thanks KTemplar, that means a lot.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Thanks you Starcrossd, I accept those cyber hugs on behalf of me and my family!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss and that you saw it happened and that your kids and wife also saw it. That is heartbreaking. My good thoughts are with your family and your baby Ziggy.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Yes, thinking more about what you've written, that is how that poor little guy looked at us. That's what makes me feel so sick inside. I also understand your next point about the kids getting over it after repetitions of the same sort of tragic events in their lives, but I can't see how my dog will ever again have any thoughts in his head about those things you speak of. And I'd like to think that if something of him goes on he would maybe understand everything that's happened in some better way but even if not I'm sure he would know that there was nothing more we could have done or we would have done it.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Thank you Ameilia for your good thoughts.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Truly painful to hear this sad story. I feel for you and your unfortunate loss. Truly I do.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Having been in a similar place once upon a time, all I can offer is a big 'ol sympathetic hug and reassurance that it will heal.

A stark reminder to all, life is fragile, and to remind those around us that we love them deeply and dearly every chance we get, be it a furbaby, or those we are close to.

I'm sorry for your loss, and any number of us on ATS are always here for our fellow members should they need to talk.

Best advice i can offer would be to give it a little time, let the pain and the loss heal a little and then see if there is another lil fur-baby that could possibly wiggle its way into your family's lives.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Oh my, how awful, I'm so sorry for you and your family and all those who witnessed it. Horrible, freak thing. You did the right things to keep your dog safe - fence, the ring - nobody could have predicted this.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That's a #ty loss...and such a cute little dog too...best friend to your family of 11 years and this is how it ends? Did you ever talk to the neighbour about it?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Thank you for your kind words Outlier 13.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Thanks for the reply Cygnis, and thanks for the hug too.

Yes, life is fragile. And it is a stark reminder that it can all change in the blink of an eye.

I am happy that there are people here that care so much, it is comforting to know, thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Thanks for your reply and for your kind words dogstar23, I really appreciate it. I know that you are right, there's nothing else we could have done. Still feels ##ty like if only I could have gotten there sooner, you know?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Thanks Skywatcher, I really appreciate your comments. We haven't talked with them yet. I don't know if I really want to. They weren't home they were on their way to Florida for vacation. The were about two hours away and turned around and came back when they got the call. I feel really bad for the pet sitter. Poor thing was out of her mind screaming and crying and trying to get the dog off Ziggy. I feel almost as bad for her as for my kids. I think she is like 16 and I'm sure it will deeply affect her too.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Just reading about it is so disturbing.....
I am so sorry for your family's loss.
And the horrible things your family saw.
Positive thoughts for you all!

That beast next door should be put down, both for attacking a human and another dog.
Good luck with that!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join