It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate passes tax reform bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I lose health care.

This bill does not change heath care. It only removes the individual mandate.

I lose any opportunity to ever attend grad school.

This bill restores the educational credits that expired last year under Obama.

My parents lose health care.

My taxes remain mostly stable.

Your rate goes down and your standard deduction doubles.

My out of pocket expenses increase, not just because I have to cover myself with a pre existing condition, but I'll have a very sick mother to also cover.

Wait, I thought you had insurance? How do you lose something you don't have?

Especially when it doesn't change insurance.

We've gone through all this before in another thread. It's all rubbish, directly refuted by the bill itself, which you openly refused to even try to read. You might want to reconsider that decision, because you, sir, are going to have a heart attack worrying about things that don't exist otherwise!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This tax cut and reform effort will benefit the whole country. People need to understand that there are more folks that have been hurting over the years than just the poor. It is time the hard-working middle class, working class, and business owners get some relief...even corporate America. Let the $$$ come home! This economy is going to boom now!! I'm ready.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It sounds to me like you're unwilling to help yourself. Instead you want the government to do it with the hardworkers money, so you can have this mythical quality of life that apparently everyone deserves by right of birth.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The democrats voted against it because their appeal for more time to study it was denied

Same thing happened with obamacare, I got taxed.

I don't believe your taxes are going down or that you are 'average' either.

I sold my cart business, and went into the HVACR business. I'm an average guy now, I make less than 6 figures a year now.

Just like you cut off my sentence so others couldn't see it. Because you did that...

because your response is always hyperbole, you never contribute factual data ever, you just comment.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Might be good to look for a cheaper country to live in?

1.4 tril in 10yrs?!!!

no one remember the 10 tril obama ran up in 8 yrs?

That's 1.4 trillion in addition to everything else. Trump is a spender, not counting this bill he's already ran up 3 trillion in debt this year.

Both sides are feeding the beast and have been for quite some time.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

you never contribute factual data ever...

Liar

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: face23785

I can pay my bills. I just didn't need less to work with. And that is not what was promised by Trump.

ETA. We applied for help while he was in hospital. We got 2000 toward bill. I still have thousands and it isn't over.

See what else you can get. People already donated the money, to help people just like you. It's there already, versus waiting for the government to do something to help you.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: face23785
And for everyone complaining about "they dumped this 500 page bill with no time to read it" that's purposefully misleading. The vast majority of those 500 pages didn't change. All they had to read were the changes. You just got lied to by the media and some of your representatives if they led you to believe they didn't know one word of those 500 pages before last night.

They couldn't do that. They were hand writing the changes in, in scribbles that no one could read. Those scribbles say whatever the Senators in question want them to say when it comes time to officially write things up again.

All the changes have been being talked about all week. They were no surprise. Fail. You got lied to bro.

And let's not pretend any Democrats were gonna vote yea even if they re-read the entire bill. A few of them may vote yes on the reconciled bill, because they know their talking points are false and at that point if it's about to come law anyway it'll be politically beneficial to them to get on the record supporting a beneficial tax bill, even if it does prove them to be liars for opposing it now.
edit on 2 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Where did I say I wanted the government to help me? I said the Congress just took more of my money that I need for medical bills.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Where did I say I wanted the government to help me? I said the Congress just took more of my money that I need for medical bills.

So you don't want that undone? That would be the government helping you. If you don't want that, that's fine. Either way, I would look at other avenues. Government isn't the only answer.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

edit on 2-12-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

you never contribute factual data ever...

Liar

Opinions are not facts

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Um, the prices already sky rocketed...and I got to pay for it

Not true. Premiums were already increasing exponentially when the ACA went into effect. Every serious study on this matter ends the same way, the ACA reduced the rate of increase.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This thread is about tax reform, not obamacare, where in this tax bill is the repeal of the mandate?

It was in one of the amendments that were added by the Senate. Go to www.senate.gov... and get the text for passed amendments to H.R.1.

There were only 4 amendments added.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yea, read that a minute after posting, hence the deletion of my post

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Removing the individual mandate is the only reason I can afford to purchase it. Once I'm off Medicare/Medicaid later next year I'll have to purchase for myself. With higher prices that simply won't be possible.

Wait, I thought you had insurance? How do you lose something you don't have?

I have Medicare and Medicaid due to being disabled. I pay a buy in now that I have a job, once that job becomes full time when I graduate this spring, I'll lose it entirely and have to pay out of pocket. I just checked the exchange, currently $550/month. More than I pay for rent. Paying two plans like that, once my mom loses her disability coverage plus paying two peoples rent.... I make good money, I'll make even better money starting in April. I still won't be able to do it.

You might want to reconsider that decision, because you, sir, are going to have a heart attack worrying about things that don't exist otherwise!

No heart attack here. If it comes to pass, I'm simply done with this country. I refuse to participate in a system which limits my options and condemns sick people to death or bankruptcy rather than take care of them.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Cool beans.

That's one thing I seriously hope stays in after reconciliation, because it also includes the employer mandate. In my situation, I am qualified for some well-paying jobs, but the sheer cost of insurance under Obamacare means I am too expensive to hire just because of my age. The young'uns out of college have less experience and are less capable, but the insurance cost is so high they get first shot.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FatSoldier

Like most of us already thought, "deficit hawk" Republicans are a shiny myth used for pandering to their base.

Old men scribbling on paper that nobody had time to read, dictating our futures.

How is it we are still doing things this way?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Are you a real person? You don't seem to understand sentence context. Congress is taking more of my money, not helping. I pay my bills.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Are you a real person? You don't seem to understand sentence context. Congress is taking more of my money, not helping. I pay my bills.

You obviously don't understand what I posted. Please try re-reading it, without the angst because of who I am. I'm trying to help you, and it's not the first time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join