It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow British Capitalist Fodder; this is the future of British Health Services

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Good morning my hopeless comrades locked in the cell of ruthless exploitative capitalism.

As our National Health Service is being torn to pieces by the wild BEASTS of capitalism I wanted to draw your attention to the kind of health services that our American cousins in America enjoy.

Here are some of the comments about a certain hospital in Bainbridge, Georgia jurisdiction in the U.S. It is just a warning of the tumble we are going to take into poverty:

www.topix.com...

Authority chair, Glennie Bench introduced Gregg Majors, of Dallas, Texas, who has been named Interim CFO.“He has hit the ground running,” said Bench in her intro. This came straight from the mullet wrapper, why not name the one that he replaced? What does she have over some of the powers that be? Never mind, we know how it went down, take your demotion and we will cover your ass and take care of you, because you know too much. Even if you are bleeding to death, make sure that the ambulance will at least take you to Cairo.

The hospital here is nothing but a holding pen for Ivey Funeral Home.

I was almost a victim of their death center up there

Was new in town...had a tick bite....went to er. ..got a quick tenuous shot....420 dollars for that shot a 3 minutes for rn's time

"PAY" particular attention to the last quoted comment.

Now, after all these years of austerity, please see what they have done to our own health service. Where I live in Cornwall is particularly underfunded and there is a lot of poverty here now:

www.healthwatchcornwall.co.uk...

Repeated failure to call me back for the results of my screening, poor, very disheartened with the experience so far

I have treatment resistant depression that's worsened in the last decade. I've been treated like a nuisance by bolitho despite only ever wanting to get better. Treatment just trails off and you have to return to stage one every time you gain strength to tackle the issues. It's seemingly never ending, and a dangerous cyclical process that does nothing to help sufferers.

Booked in, sat in waiting room. Receptionist comes in after a few minutes to say Dr off sick. This was 5-10 minutes after appt start time! I have waited almost 3 months for an appointment, took the day off to attend, and am really struggling with life

We are awaiting a reply to a letter written to CMHT after they twice failed our AS son by letting him "fall through the net" TWICE. The only real help we have had has been from a private psychiatrist. If this reply does not materialise - and we fear it won't - we are planning to make an official complaint.

not fit for one star health professionals just tick the boxes

From Bainbridge, Georgia, U.S to Cornwall, UK, despite one being private health and the other public health there is the same severe inadequacy of health care provision.

Isn't globalism a wonderful success? See, how well it is working. Trump has just given the bastards even more of a tax break.

I hate capitalism. It is the enemy of us all. It is destroying us all. They are driving us to poverty. With all the MSM brainwashing, poor diet, poor health, poor education we shall surely be destitute and not even intelligent enough to understand what is happening to us and why.

In the UK at least we can get a tetanus shot still if we are poor. In the U.S they have to pay hundreds of $ for that. If we continue to allow the capitalists to turn the Health Service private this is what will happen to us, "101" % sure of that.

Damn you to hell you exploiters of humanity!

edit on 2-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

edit on 2-12-2017 by Justso because: can't talk to crazy

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
God knows what will happen when our hospitals have lost the rest of their EU workforce post brexit too. They'll collapse. Which is probably the tories plan all along.

I was I hospital recently in Dundee, great care, they looked after me. But around 75 percent if the doctors and nurses were from the EU.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

What the HELL are you going on about, don't make sense? It is NOT me writing those comments is it?

I simply took the comments about two different hospitals with two different kinds of funding and explained that both with and without public funds the picture is the same.

In the UK we rae half privatized in health now. It is privatization by stealth. A huge amount of NHS services are sub contracted now. It has tooa real dive, it is obvious to anyone who has to rely on them.

The comments are there, from people in Bainbridge and Cornwall. Are they all liars? Are they ALL writing that just for fun?

Yes, it makes complete sense. It is saying basically those we vote for are not even particularly bothered by our health needs and are more interested in giving taxt breaks.

Is this working? Is it all hunky dory then? No, it is not. I and others like me are not getting what we need, whether in the U.S or UK.

You know how many people go without health care in the U.S. There is health poverty there BIG TIME. You all know it. You see it in your cities day after day. As they slowly privatize us the same is happening here in the UK.

If this does not make sense to you then NOTHING WILL.

Here you are dissing my care for my fellow and that is all you can do. tell me how wonderful it is then...

I am saying the whole thing is going to the dogs because of GREED and lack of care for what is important to humans and civilization. Health is a very basic need. Without health we are screwed to live a normal life or any life at all. What part of this do you not understand?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
www.theatlantic.com...

How American Health Care Killed My Father After the needless death of his father, the author, a business executive, began a personal exploration of a health-care industry that for years has delivered poor service and irregular quality at astonishingly high cost. It is a system, he argues, that is not worth preserving in anything like its current form. And the health-care reform now being contemplated will not fix it. Here’s a radical solution to an agonizing problem.

www.renalandurologynews.com...

HealthDay News) -- Nearly 1 in 10 American adults don't take their medications as prescribed because they can't afford to, according to a January data brief published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics.

Remember it is Black people and Hispanic people who are going to be the 1 in 10 nearly all the time, too.

www.health.harvard.edu...

Medications can do wonderful things, from fighting infection to preventing stroke and warding off depression. But medications don’t work if they aren’t taken. Some people don’t take their medications as prescribed because they forget, or are bothered by side effects. A new report from the National Center for Health Statistics shines the light on another reason: some people can’t pay for their medications.

prescriptionjustice.org...

Americans are dying from cancer because they either can’t afford the medications to treat it, or they have the money but refuse to bankrupt their families. Cancer is the second leading cause of death after heart disease in the U.S., claiming more than half a million lives each year. In 2016, it is estimated that 1,685,210 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S., amounting to one new diagnosis every 30 seconds.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

www.forbes.com...

We all know that healthcare costs in the U.S. are too high. But why is American healthcare so expensive? Some experts blame the desire for profit. Russell Andrews, a neurosurgeon and author of Too Big To Succeed laments “the morphing of American medicine from a function of a humanitarian society into a revenue stream for healthcare profits, drug and medical device companies, hospitals, and insurance companies. In essence, we have transformed healthcare in the U.S. into an industry whose goal is to profitable.” Andrews goes on to characterize the profit motive as “a virus” infecting the system.

www.statista.com...

his statistic shows the total revenue of the life and health insurance industry in the United States from 2009 to 2015. In 2015, the U.S. life and health insurance industry generated a total revenue of 848.2 billion U.S. dollars.

THAT IS WHY! Do you not see that? This industry makes billions for shareholders, billions and billions.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Top health insurers profit surge 29 percent to $6 billion - CNBC.com

money.cnn.com...

The industry's net income rose to $13.1 billion, up 46% from a year earlier, according to a report from rating company A.M. Best. Companies saw improvements in most of their business lines, but much of the earnings boost came from higher profitability in their Medicare Advantage divisions and smaller losses in their Obamacare exchange products. "They did lose millions and millions" in Obamacare, said Doniella Pliss, associate director at A.M. Best. But "it doesn't contradict the fact that they did very well in other lines of business."

www.axios.com...

Profits are booming at health insurance companies The largest health insurance companies in the United States reaped historically large profits in the first quarter of this year, despite all the noise surrounding the Affordable Care Act's individual marketplaces.

Does that not demonstrate that certain people are making HUGE amounts of money on an ever increasing scale?

Mean while, people are getting this treatment as they are describing in their comments.

Some people are making HUGE amounts of money out of our ill health, HUGE AMOUNTS, billions and billions.

Carry on being quiet about it and pretending everything is ok. However, when you are ill, can't afford to pay for your care because you are on a zero hours contract and even get penalized if you have to take time off work because of illness, be quiet still and don't moan. I will just say I told you so.

There is no fight in you people. You sit there and take it day after day. You are being made increasingly STUPID and POOR and you attack me for pointing this out to you instead of those who are SCREWING YOU.

Silly people, you deserve this then.

Carry on sharks, tear em to pieces. They don't mind. You can do anything to them and they let you do it.

edit on 2-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"Went to the E.R. for a tick bite"

Pretty sure that says more about the problem than "capitalism".
But there's no cure for stupid.

I know the system is not perfect, but do you know why some folks bitch so much about their health care? Because they think of being in the hospital like being in a 5 star hotel. They expect the nurses to be maids, catering to their every whim. I was married to an R.N. for almost 20 years and I can tell you stories you wouldn't believe.
People whose family smoked crack or did other drugs in the room. [ not an isolated incident ]
Another who brought a bottle of whiskey in to make the guy in liver failure feel better.
Folks that yell and scream at the nurses and Drs because they won't just give the pills to the patient and let them take them when they want.
[ and share them with the family ]
Took the pain med drip out of the patient's arm and tried to put it in their own
Another tried to insist the nurses had to help paint her toenails and when they explained to her they were too busy for that, would defecate or urinate in the the bed on purpose just for spite and to make it harder and more disgusting for the nurses.
People who can walk perfectly fine on their own, but insist on being carried to the bathroom.
Others who think the nurses are there just to keep them company till their relatives come back from lunch and will keep hitting the call button every 2 minutes.

And above all, idiots who pack the E.R. for a flu shot because they're too damn lazy to see their Dr or they cut their finger and need a bandaid or their kid scraped his knee or a thousand other minor things.
People will sit for HOURS in the ER and then bitch because they had to wait so long.
If you can sit in the E.R. for 2 or 3 hours and don't fall out of your chair or bleed to death, it's a pretty good bet IT'S NOT AN EMERGENCY.

edit on 2-12-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I’m not saying that the state of our healthcare is optimal, but one part of your story is a little misleading. It does NOT cost $420 for a tetanus shot in the US. I’m the most clumsy and accident prone woman you will ever meet. In light of this, I usually end up getting a tetanus shot every two or two and a half years. And I certainly don’t pay hundreds of dollars for them. I walk into my local health department and get one for....get this.....FREE. Anyone in the US can do this, as far as I know.

The reason it cost the person in the story $420 for a tetanus shot, was because the person went to the ER. That $420 is not just for the shot, it’s probably the entire ER bill, which will always be ridiculously expensive.

My husband and I both work, have pretty good health insurance through our employers and between the two of us, make a decent living. You know, nothing fancy, but all of our needs are met along with some of our wants. But we both understand that we can’t afford to use the ER, even with our having insurance, unless it’s truly an emergency. And god forbid you have to pay for an ambulance ride or an emergency airlift ( in 2012, an ambulance ride across town for my son was $6000 and his helicopter ride to the city 100 miles away was $22000).

In fact, the only times I can even remember that we have ever used emergency medical services was when my son was ran over by a car, and then last week when my husband suddenly started having kidney stone issues/vomiting and urinating blood while we were out of state on vacation. Both times, we had no choice. They were true medical emergencies.

A tick bite and a tetanus shot is NOT an emergency.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

Careful, that is way too many tetanus shots.

Because the levels of antitoxin in the body gradually fall over time, booster vaccinations with the combined diphtheria-tetanus toxoid (Td) are recommended every 10 years.
www.medicinenet.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The US health care system is broken, and the people who are in control (lobbyists-corps) will drive this into the ground to get the last nickel the day before it crashes.

And you know what? This is sad. US citizens pay through the nose and you would think that the hospitals would be nice, friendly, state of the art and warm. But it is not the case. They are falling apart, old technology, cold and many are on the verge of bankruptcy.

The system is broken, and before defending it, look at other countries health care systems. They do it better and for at least 1/2 the cost. Oh and everyone is covered.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

According to the Mayo Clinic it’s not too often if you hurt yourself, which is why I generally end up getting one...

It's usually OK to receive an extra booster of the tetanus vaccine. This is especially true if you're being treated for an acute injury, such as a deep cut or puncture wound.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I hate capitalism.

Me too.

Isn't globalism a wonderful success?

It's carried along on a wave of respectability by the useful idiots of the New Left, who see globalists as humanitarians.

Aren't they wonderful, mixing all the races together! Nope, just means more bodies to ply their trades.

It's the capitalists' wet dream.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I took some free medicine classes through the UK colleges. It was my gut feeling that some of the professionals there were dissatisfied with the EU rules of medical stuff. They laughed about the American Health care system pretty much, calling it way overpriced and not the best. Some instructors also said they are trying to get things better and cheaper, but it would take a while to do. A lot of this had to do with genetic research being used to evaluate disease risk to use as an aid in diagnosing utilizing family history and symptoms along with it. Some doctors are resisting the genetic tool. England is doing a lot of genetic research to try to figure out about epigenetics, here our government supports Pharms, basically the big ones. to do research on drugs.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I hate this false narrative that there is only two health systems in the world. UK and USA.
It gets us nowhere and hinders reform of the outdated NHS.

Fact is the UK health system and US Health system (or lack of) are only 2 methods and there and plenty more systems out there in other developed countries that provide better services than the UK or the USA (which isn’t hard).
UK method is #.
US method is #.

So it time to find a third way.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
God knows what will happen when our hospitals have lost the rest of their EU workforce post brexit too. They'll collapse. Which is probably the tories plan all along.

I was I hospital recently in Dundee, great care, they looked after me. But around 75 percent if the doctors and nurses were from the EU.

That’s easy to fix...... Issue a healthcare Visa to all doctors, nurses and medical support staff wanting to work in the UK, not just to the EU but to the entire world. Got qualification you can stay and live. Not flipping rocket science.

new topics

top topics

join