It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No I don't want to donate a dollor!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I went through burger kings drive through today to grab a coffee and was hit up for a dollar for what the hell ever.

Everywhere I go somebody has a hand out. Drives me fricken crazy.

My family does plenty of donating all year round as it is but if I gave to everyone that asks for money I would be the one needing money.

Sorry, rant over.
Had to let the steam off...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Give me a dollar.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm flipping you the bird right now with extra effort....

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Welcome to my world. That's the same philosophy I have when people ask me for money all the time.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

What gets Me is the "Tip Jar" at the gas station etc. and I don't mean the penny tray for the "Need 1 take 1, got 1 leave 1"
Regular jobs that get compensated and have never been supplemented by tips...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Amen: :would you like to round up your grocery total and give to (insert some really heart wrenching cause here)?

Every where you turn, would you like to donate a dollar for: Puppies born without collars?

Yeah considering the law is only 10% has to go to the actual charity...90% to "administration," I have recently decided I will no longer fall victim to being "nice" and flip everyone the bird, except the causes I choose and get involved with to in some small way assure the legitimacy of said cause.

Think Haiti and certain foundations

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Nobody should be giving these places money. Less than 20% of that money goes to charity. If you want to donate, give it to the person you want to have it. Or buy something and give it to someone who needs it.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The thing that bothers me the most, is the ones that try to guilt you with the charity of the week.

I am a giving person, but I can't afford to save the world!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'll send a mantis to eat your butterflies.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Low blow man!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Whenever and wherever, if I come across a Salvation Army Steward and Pot, I empty my pockets and throw a twenty their way.

The others....... unless it's St Jude, I can't help you. But never say never........ things change....... Store your Treasures in Heaven, "what you did to the least of mine, you did to me"......

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Lol, ask them if that comes with cheese ...? lol

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

South Park nailed it.

Charity Shaming.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

When I am at Whole Foods
and they ask me for the donation at check out.

I say "No I would not like to donate, but Whole foods can go ahead and Donate a dollar on my behalf for being such a frequent shopper"

I say it nice and loud too
while trying to make eye contact for second
with everyone that turns to look, especially the people
in line behind me.

No shame in my game.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Most tips tick me off. I wish we'd follow the Japanese model ~ no tipping.

As for charity, my favorite charity is my little sister who does a job she loves but that doesn't support her.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I like to give bums money....

I always get a blessing like..... "God bless you man" ..... seems like a fair exchange.

I sometimes get the feeling that one of those bums might be GOD in disguise or perhaps some priest giving out verbal indulgences.

edit on 1-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I don't mine their efforts to collect for charity, my problem comes in with, every time that I've asked at multiple places, they cannot really tell me the details of what the money will accomplish or how much of the donation actually goes to the real cause versus, say, paying the executives of the charity.

I love donating, but I only do so if I can research this stuff first, as I'm not a fan of wasting my dollars.

When I drive by BK today, though, I'll flip them the bird (with extra effort) on your behalf.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And we have entertained Angels unawares........

edit on 1-12-2017 by Plotus because: Be Blessed

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Give a busker a dollar and he'll eat for a day, but if you give WWF fifteen dollars a week then you can "adopt" an endangered Peruvian Samba dancing frog!

I'm a charitable person-giving to charity was my 2016 resolution and i'm proud to say I've stuck by my word and donated about $1,500 if not more-but when you get ambushed I can completely understand.

My tip is to take a set of earphones and plug them in to your phone when you go grocery shopping, that way you can rock on and not have to hear the plight of the Irish striped gopher.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The amount of panhandlers who approach me has dropped by 100% since I started to open carry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join