It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Italian town with 7 inhabitants will receive 80 migrants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Source
Source's Source (In Italian)

I saw this headline and it caught my eye.
So, who in their right mind would authorize 80 people to be housed in the smallest town that I've ever heard of?

Apparently, there are already 26 there already and citizens are concerned.
The Mayor is rightfully worried:

“Sending 80 refugees here would turn this place upside down. They told us just before summer that they would arrive, but we can’t do anything about it. I don’t want to add fuel to the fire, but I hope they stop with these first 26 arrivals.”

As of right now, the refugees are being housed in an old NATO barracks.
According to the source, they are very traumatized from a grueling trip away from their homeland.

The refugees are now locked up in the former NATO barracks managed by the Prefecture of Verona, which has granted the use of the area after a regular competition to the Versoprobo cooperative in Vercelli. You see a double gate, the sign "Alt let yourself be recognized" and in the distance you can see a turret. Impossible to enter. But for now the refugees who have yet to overcome the shock of their odyssey on a boat do not even go out.

They are only allowed (as of now) to leave with chaperones, on a shuttle.
You can see what a couple other of the seven townspeople think in the source article.

Now, I'm all for helping these refugees, who seem like have been through hell twice.
But is it right to force a town with such a small population to take on this many?
The mayor said it was only just before summer that they were aware that this would happen, and that there was no way around it.

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ahh and all from Nigeria Ivory Coast and Ghana escaping what exactly? Oh yeah their homeland because God forbid they should attempt to make their own countries better, nope just jump on the gravy train of Europe

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Bets on what will actually happen.
One. they will integrate and become good Italian citizens
or two. they will turn that nice Italian Town into the same toilet that they escaped from

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A "town" of 7 inhabitants? And they have a mayor? Interesting.

It sounds like a terrible idea to overwhelm them with migrants btw.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Bets on what will actually happen.
One. they will integrate and become good Italian citizens
or two. they will turn that nice Italian Town into the same toilet that they escaped from

And bet the migrants are all males between 18 and 30 without a single woman or child?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I bet they wont integrate. They cant speak italian and will keep to themselves. Look for them building a temple soon in that small village.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

How the hell does a town only have 7 people in it? Is it just one family and the dad the Mayor?

Shi my house is a town and im the deputy mayor.(wife)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

That will teach the local people not to piss off TPTB be they governmental or mafioso.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This can't under any circumstances end well. The poor original inhabitants. These newcomers will be the majority and have no idea about italian culture, therefore all they can do is turn this little village into what they are used to [as nobody is prepared to teach them what it means to live in Italy]. Or am I supposed to believe that young males out for a freebee [They are not refugees, there is no war going on where they are from] will suddenly care for their front gardens and shout Bon Giorno, whilst talking about the weather, in italian?
They are not there for the culture and they have no ties. They can literally go mental if they want and there would be no consequences.
Call me cynical but you can't mix two such different cultures and demographics and expect it to be easy sailing.

And no, I don't feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the Italians.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Does it not strike you that a town with 7 inhabitants most of whom are probably very elderly, sort of desperately needs an infusion of young blood before it turns into a ghost town?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
At the very least when the next election happens there will be a new Mayor. Then all the rules change and the locals are out of luck.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

My wife has an aunt that lives in Italy.

After speaking to her when she last visited you're probably right. The town is probably a small village away from any city. With mostly elderly retirees. Places like that are looking for people come in and settle.

However the bad thing I see happening is that they are moving these refugees in. And there is no work for them.
I don't see how this will be a good thing.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hardly increasing the population?? More like starting a small nation??

Where are the facilities ... Houses, shops, sanitation, utilities for this

vast increase in population.

This is not diversity or intergration this is an invasion.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I would be buying guns and locking everything with signs up in the yard.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
I bet they wont integrate.

Because intergration is a mix?

And 80 into 7 won't go?

Its a *take over*

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Hardly increasing the population?? More like starting a small nation??

Where are the facilities ... Houses, shops, sanitation, utilities for this

vast increase in population.

This is not diversity or intergration this is an invasion.

If they want to integrate, give them a shovel and start digging up them potatoes or start plowing the fields with a horse. Rome wasn't built in a day. And neither was ISIL. Then again, not a good idea.

edit on 30-11-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
I bet they wont integrate.

Because intergration is a mix?

And 80 into 7 won't go?

Its a *take over*

Agreed

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
How many non-European countries welcome other races like this? How many Asian, Hispanic or African nations are trying to replace their own populations with Europeans?

I am going to bet close to zero.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What a #ing joke , they must get a resettlement figure per refugee and corruption is involved.

They can't plough the fields because that may amount to slavery .

The world has gone bat# crazy .

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I think one of the biggest snafu made in the immigration policy in America is to not educate the immigrants on the new culture they will be migrating too.

1. There should be mandatory classes to educate the immigrants on the culture for what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.

2. Individual rights for Men,Women, and Children , help that is provided to escape abuse, and where to get the help.

3. How to integrate into the new culture to become successful while still maintaining your own culture and identity.

4. If they choose to not want to integrate into the culture once they have been informed of what will be expected from them, then they they get the option to withdraw their request.

heck some of those thing should be mandatory in the American school system as well.

edit on 481130America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2017 11:48:11 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join