It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS$ pro - 4K TV not working right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Finally brought a 4K HDR TV for my PlayStation 4 Pro. Love it.

However, here is my issue. so i turn the TV on and turn PlayStation 4 on. once it gets to the main PS4 menu, I hit the info button and it says 2160p (4K - great its working in 4K and the menu screen looks amazing)

However, I start a game, Zero Horizon Dawn. Once it loads and I'm in game, I press the info button and it says 1080p.... why is this? Wht would it be broadcasting the main menu as 4K, but once the game is on it goes to 1080p???

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

I don't know the answer to that. Maybe the program only plays 1080. Maybe something needs to be adjusted on the TV or on the playstation, check the instructions. Sorry I could not help.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It depends on how the game is formatted. Some games will say "ps4 pro" on it. Those are the ones to test it with.

PS edit - look in the PSN store; several downloads are ps4 pro-esque.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Abysha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Several things to check. Some TVs only have 1 or 2 HDMI inputs that are 4k, the others are only 1080p HD. Then you have to make sure you’re using a 4k cable. Finally, to get my pro to run at 4k I had to go deep into settings and do some power user type settings where you hold buttons while you power cycle. Google it, that’s how I found it, but was when pro first came out and I don’t remember how it went...

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Perhaps you have to manually set it in the remote of the TV.

If you are running your machine through a surround sound setup, the encoder might support the 4k in the hdmi/CEC switching mode.

I'll bet the game is not formated in 4k.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
Hey everyone,

Finally brought a 4K HDR TV for my PlayStation 4 Pro. Love it.

However, here is my issue. so i turn the TV on and turn PlayStation 4 on. once it gets to the main PS4 menu, I hit the info button and it says 2160p (4K - great its working in 4K and the menu screen looks amazing)

However, I start a game, Zero Horizon Dawn. Once it loads and I'm in game, I press the info button and it says 1080p.... why is this? Wht would it be broadcasting the main menu as 4K, but once the game is on it goes to 1080p???

So...you got a new tech tv? And you have an older game? Imagine all the bells and whistles the new TV has that the older game(even a yr older) has to keep up with and newer tech and prob cant.?!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm an idiot....

Went to TV settings.
Went to input settiings
Selected HDMI 1

first option says.....

UHD off

Turned it on....

Went back to game....

Now running in 4k...

Sorry for my technically impaired brain

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Horizon zero dawn is one of the showcase 4k games.

You'll have to google your tv and ps4pro. Some setting isn't right.

My son had this issue when he first got his. I don't remember what was wrong, something HDCP in the settings.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Stuff like this happens when you get excited , makes you forget going through the proper procedure.

When i got a new computer i plugged my HDMI cable into my Motherboard with the onboard card , started up a game pulled like 2 Frames per second.

Tried 4 different screens , ended up using a 15 year old 21 inch screen.

Then i took a good look lol and saw the HDMI was not in the video card port....

edit on 28-11-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join