It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckingham Palace announcement: Staff 'summoned to emergency meeting’ on Queen and Philip

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Meh nvm
edit on 25-11-2017 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Daily Star is a rag that's hardly worth calling news.

It's the one you buy when you want to see celebrities underwear, but without stooping as low as the Sport.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: skalla

Yeah, the popular studs here are proof of that one. Men rule the world, i almost forgot.

And yet here you are cheering on a hereditary system of wealth, influence and power that has never had anything to do with sharing and caring. Their women were routinely traded to foreign princes for alliances and to act as breeding machines. Fancy that.

According to everyone here, that has nothing to do with reality. Royalty doesn't give a @# if you like them or not or what your opinion is of them. They do what they want. I'm failing to understand what you're trying to say here in this regard to, reality. Women have been breeding machines for well. Forever. What's your point? Men rule the world, and always have. I think this is the first time in history where Women have had a voice. Does that offend you?

Before the Romans turned up, there were at least two queens ruling in Britannia, Boadica, (the name now accepted) and a neighbouring tribes queen who's name I just cannot remember, plus since the Romans left, England/Britain has had other queens.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Maybe they're going to apologise for the tax fraud, we're still waiting for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: salty_wagyu
Maybe they're going to apologise for the tax fraud, we're still waiting for it.

Do a search, see how much tax the royals pay, all of them, strange to say.
The 'civil list' is to pay for the pomp and circumstance of visiting heads of state.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandy555

is there any sensible way i can look at celebrities underwear without having to endure the idiocy of the daily stars " news " ?? ?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

The best piece of advice I was ever given was never trust a person who says trust me.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

They did make a change recently though didn't they? They changed that you had to be a male to be in line for the throne so Charlotte would rule over who ever is in the oven now even if it's a boy should the chips ever fall that George cannot.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

According to this its really up to Camilla and Charles as to whether she is called queen.

According to precedent, the wives of ruling Kings become Queen consorts but the husbands of sovereign Queens do not have the right to a title.

This story also mentions the change I spoke about above.

The 2013 Succession to the Crown Act ended the previous controvesial rule that Princes took precedence over elder sisters in the order of succession.  

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah. Buy the Sport.

www.thedrum.com...

Just undies and stupidity. No news at all.

Or you can just let the mirror explain why neither Diana or Camilla can really be queen.
Lol.
www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 25-11-2017 by Mandy555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
England is wiping the floor with the Aussies at the Ashes...

Could be that?

We need 56 runs to with ten wickets in hand, break out the mops Britain.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It is official, Harry and Markle are engaged.

Wedding in the Spring of 2018

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Prince H. and Meghan wotsit are getting married.

Prince Harry is to marry his American actress girlfriend Meghan Markle, Clarence House has announced.
The prince, fifth in line to the throne, will marry Ms Markle next spring and will live at Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace in London.
The couple, who have been dating since July 2016, got engaged in November.
In a statement, Prince Harry said he was "delighted to announce" the engagement and had received the blessing of Ms Markle's parents.
The prince and Ms Markle made their first public appearance as a couple this September.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The daily mail is not allowing comments because they wouldn't be able to handle the torrent of insults and hatred they have been slyly whipping up for months.

It seems many people in the UK see Meghan Markle as somehow 'beneath' the Royal family. I find it a really odd attitude, as she is 'common' just like them. So they are engaging in a defence of racial purity and eugenics on behalf of a 'royal' family that they don't know and have never met. I thought we fought Hitler because of things like that?

I also find it funny that many royalists only object to the monarchy when they don't like someone in the family, such as Charles or Camilla...or the latest addition. Never mind that it's a medieval concept and we shouldn't be bowing and scraping to other people based purely on some 'lucky bloodline' they just happen to have! We don't get a vote on who is royal, that's the concept of monarchy but some people have only just started to feel conflicted about that when a mixed race person is going to join the family.

All very funny, I wonder if 'the firm' will be finished or will they manage to defend themselves with clever P.R. like they always have?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have nothing against happiness and I wish them all the best. I know little about her so i have no hate or malice towards her whatsoever.
My main problem, being a tax payer in the U.K is that I will be footing the bill. It won't be a normal wedding like we would have. This will be a massive affair. They will probably say the royal estate will pay for it. Then ask us for a pay rise next year to paint more of their castles and trains they don't ever use.

I'm not against the royals but we as a country are struggling in some ways to have the basic needs to feed and cloth ourselves. Low pay with food and the cost of living rising beyond what we can afford.

Yet we will still foot the bill for ANOTHER royal wedding.

Anyway. Congratualtions to both of them.
edit on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 04:51:28 -06000417112017000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
I have nothing against happiness and I wish them all the best. I know little about her so i have no hate or malice towards her whatsoever.
My main probelm, being a tax payer in the U.K is that I will be footing the bill. It won't be a normal wedding like we would have. This will be a massive affair. They will probably say the royal estate will pay for it. Then ask us for a payrise next year to paint more of their castles and trains they don't ever use.

I'm not against the royals but we as a country are struggling in some ways to have the basic needs to feed and cloth ourselves. Low pay with food and the cost of living rising beyond what we can afford.

Yet we will still foot the bill for ANOTHER royal wedding.

Anyway. Congratualtions to both of them.

I agree. I have no personal hate for them but they shouldn't get tax payer money. Apparently they get about 40 million a year to cover the costs of what they do and the Queen gets £12 million.....for personal spending?!

She has two private estates (Sandringham and Balmoral) with hundreds of thousands of acres and various houses and cottages on them. They should make their income from that. They also have private shares and have since the days of the Empire. ..... Meanwhile ordinary members of the public get put in jail when they claim a few thousand extra in benefits and hardly anyone can afford a house or rent.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat
It seems many people in the UK see Meghan Markle as somehow 'beneath' the Royal family. I find it a really odd attitude, as she is 'common' just like them.

I don't know where you get that from. I have seen no overly negative comments, but then I have a life outside Twitter and Facebook where the sewers are allowed to run free. I think that Prince Harry's plea in recent weeks to stop the hounding of Markle was more about the intrusiveness in the States rather than the UK, where the press tend to behave themselves in a more dignified manner.

Anyway. Good luck to them both. They are both humanitarians and support good causes that the average person would prefer to ignore.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I'm not on Facebook or twitter either. These are comments in various 'news' papers.

The statement to the press did accuse them of racism.

"The prince’s press secretary accused the media of introducing “racial overtones” into comment pieces on his relationship with Markle and claimed that she had been subjected to a “wave of abuse and harassment”
...... a comment in the Mail On Sunday by Rachel Johnson that said if the couple had children “the Windsors will thicken their watery, thin blue blood and Spencer pale skin and ginger hair with some rich and exotic DNA”

www.theguardian.com... ess
edit on 27-11-2017 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

hopefully announcing the abolition of the royal family

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join