It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Marines take indictments from the Pentagon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

It is a violation of Posse Comitatus and the order would be illegal.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Wouldn't it be freakin' GREAT if this is true!

The Marines cleaning up the swamp and all the high level criminals - reporting only to THE MAN - Trump!

if 'the man' you're worshiping so fervently there sent marines to arrest anyone, it would likely be only the people who have stood in the way of his business deals, or mocked him.

it's kind of adorable how hard you believe he really gives a crap about cleaning up corruption, though.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

I'm just sorry he (Trump) can't do it.

I am not sorry that a sitting president cant just send the military to arrest or deal with citizens or political rivals he doesnt like.

Do you want to become Africa? Because this is how you become Africa.

Some foresight is needed here.

Very good point, and I agree... At the same time? how are the collective 'we' going to take down these criminals?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Wouldn't it be freakin' GREAT if this is true!

The Marines cleaning up the swamp and all the high level criminals - reporting only to THE MAN - Trump!

if 'the man' you're worshiping so fervently there sent marines to arrest anyone, it would likely be only the people who have stood in the way of his business deals, or mocked him.

it's kind of adorable how hard you believe he really gives a crap about cleaning up corruption, though.

Well, have you seen any other President - who didn't have to take the job - who puts his life and his SON'S LIFE (who has a bounty on his head) in danger - for the country?

Have you?

No.

Don't forget this man's life and the life of his family is in dire peril every single day.

FOR HIS COUNTRY. OUR COUNTRY!

When you have cross-hairs on your back, and your wife's back and your child's back - every single day?

Get back to me baby.
edit on 5442Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It is a violation of Posse Comitatus and the order would be illegal.

Thank you, I'm learning that now.

I appreciate your input...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well, have you seen any other President - who didn't have to take the job - who puts his life and his SON'S LIFE (who has a bounty on his head) in danger - for the country?

Have you?

No.

Don't forget this man's life and the life of his family is in dire peril every single day.

FOR HIS COUNTRY.

When you have cross-hairs on your back, and your wife's back and your child's back - every single day?

Get back to me baby.

fkn lol... you're deep in it, huh... he's not in any more danger than any other president. he sees fat dollar signs everywhere, that's why he took the job.

you should write him a fan letter, though. i bet he'd really get off on this amazing secret agent daredevil thing you're whipping up for him.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

What the *F* is wrong with your thinking?

Tell me the name of ONE President who's child had/has a 'bounty' on him, from Isis?

Just one.
edit on 2143Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

a reply to: fiverx313

What the *F* is wrong with your thinking?

Tell me the name of ONE President who's child had/has a 'bounty' on him, from Isis?

Just one.

what bounty? show your work.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Since when does law matter?
It hasn't for a long time, and I think you are very well aware

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

How about we as citizens/voters doing our jobs by making those we elect do theirs? It's actually a very simple solution.

They don't do their jobs, we fire 'em. Put someone else in, rinse and repeat, as necessary.

Or is that too hard?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Since when does law matter?
It hasn't for a long time, and I think you are very well aware

In this realm the law matters a great deal. It would trigger a revolt for starters.

There is no mechanism available for the federal government to declare martial law. Congress could change the posse comitatus law to remove the restrictions on federal military units engaging in civilian law enforcement functions however they still would not have any authority (in general).

The closest avenue for the government (President in this case) would require a declaration that a specific city or state is currently engaging in an act of rebellion / insurrection. This route was discussed by President Bush during hurricane Katrina when the governor of Louisiana refused to place her state guard units under federal command. The only way around it would to declare new orleans and by extension the state of Louisiana in a state of rebellion in order to force federal command. Bush decided against that action because of the fallout it would create not to mention how it would go over with the civilian population.

That brings us to the fact each state has their own guard units that answer to the Governor of each state. Using federal military in this manner would guarantee a response from the states themselves, in addition to their population.

Above all though members of the military can refuse illegal orders (as can law enforcement).

Both groups have an obligation to do so as well.

Ultimately its the people who need to get the government under control.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Not just one utube video. Its happening.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The USMC is the only branch the President can directly use without an act from Congress.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

In this realm the law matters a great deal. It would trigger a revolt for starters.

Get ready for you revolt then. ATS has missed most of this but this is happening..

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
The USMC is the only branch the President can directly use without an act from Congress.

No it is not. The Marine corps is a part of the US Navy and is subject to posse comitatus just like the other branches of the military.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I have not seen one report of federal military units being used in a civilian law enforcement function.

Please cite a source that ATS missed.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

No it is not. The Marine corps is a part of the US Navy and is subject to posse comitatus just like the other branches of the military

You are in for some shock. ATS has missed this story.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Who's life is in dire peril every day?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

You name one.
He's not in any peril . Give me a break.
And he's no hero either.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This would be the issue -- i.e., that there is not any one person who is "THE MAN" in the U.S. Governemnt.

The U.S. has three separate branches of government (Executive Branch, Legislative Branch, and the Judicial Branch). Each of these branches have "checks and balances" over each other that serve as a separation of powers for all three branches. There is not one person who is in charge of all three (Trump is the head of the Executive Brach only).

For example, I don't believe the Executive Branch can hand down indictments; that is some thing the Judicial Branch does, and the President is not in charge of the Judicial Branch. The President can enforce those the serving of those indictments, but he cannot create those indictments.

The only "check and balance" between the Executive Branch and the Judicial Branch is that the Executive Branch (the President) nominates federal judges. The Legislative Branch (Congress) then does its own "checking and balancing" of that by confirming (or not confirming) those Presidential nominations via a vote. Once the Judge is appointed and confirmed by Congress, that judge becomes totally independent of the whims of both the President and Congress.

So no, Trump is "THE MAN" of only one part of the U.S. government -- not all of it.

edit on 11/12/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join