It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1906 Antiquities Act is under attack.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It’s all part of the land and money grab and destruction of the middle class while republicans are in power.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: Quadrivium

I would say it needs to be tweaked since it seems the Feds have used this act to munch up a whole lot of land that could be more useful in private hands.Map of Federally owned land

Holy cow! Look at Nevada... it looks like there's almost no private land. I wish you could zoom in closer to see. It has me wondering how accurate it is... that's nuts

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
This maps shows subsurface features like minerals.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Ahhh... Context is important

Thank you MoMof!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: Quadrivium

I would say it needs to be tweaked since it seems the Feds have used this act to munch up a whole lot of land that could be more useful in private hands.Map of Federally owned land

This is my approach to it as well--the federal government owns way too much land in America, which is a nation that is supposed to be divided amongst states and its citizenry.

Like Quadrivium notes, if this is the reason, then it's a good reason, as we should not be in the business as a federal government of overseeing and maintaining a massive part of our nation's land in the way that we do. Relieving this burden from all Americans and handing it to states and tourists who willingly give their money in order to preserve these areas would hopefully do a bit to reduce our tax burden.

But also like Quadrivium notes, I'd hate to see it then go to private industry in order to exploit the land without much oversight and regulation.

But I'd rather see this land under local control instead of federal control, and I think that it's a good idea to make it much harder for sitting presidents to just claim land on behalf of the nation from the states within whose border the land lies.

The whole Bundy-versus-BLM issue comes to mind as to how the government can be overly ridiculous with land that it manages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join