It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's million man army: full of parasites from contaminated food

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's still a million man army. No they are not in peak physical condition and some of them might have poor health.
Lots of wars have been fought by soldiers struggling with health issues, WW1 WW2 they still fought though.
Soldiers in WW1 had horrendous problems with bad food and disease, didn't stop them killing each other by the million.
The VC in vietnam had food and health issues they won.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
It's still a million man army. No they are not in peak physical condition and some of them might have poor health.
Lots of wars have been fought by soldiers struggling with health issues, WW1 WW2 they still fought though.
Soldiers in WW1 had horrendous problems with bad food and disease, didn't stop them killing each other by the million.
The VC in vietnam had food and health issues they won.

I'm glad to see some history brought up. I was actually going to bring this up in my OP but I thought it was long enough already. As you can see by some of the replies, it's already too long for some people to read. Anyway, yes historically wars have been fought by soldiers with health issues, and the point I was going to make was this can have an effect on the outcome of battles. Sick people reduce the size of your force when they're in too poor condition to make it to the front. Obviously numbers are important. That can have a direct effect on your ability to fight effectively. Not everyone will be sick enough that they can't make it to the front, but if their condition is below a certain threshold it will have a negative effect. It's a distraction, it can enhance fatigue, etc. Adrenaline can overcome some of this but people aren't machines. At some point it is going to catch up with you. Also, don't discount the effect on morale, and morale's effect on battle effectiveness.

Is it going to be the game changer in a war? No. But it's definitely something to consider.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

To be honest the stuff we fead our own troops in tin cans back in WW2 left a lot to be desired and apparently contributed to rather a few health issues.
edit on 18-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Sure it would probably make a pretty big difference. And poor health is worse for an attacking force, rather than a defending force. They are defending in their own territory which gives them some advantage.
If they surrender is probably the easiest option but if not could it be a very tough war.
The flipside to this is it shows the NK army are used to hardships and extreme conditions. You'd expect the US and allies to win but still has the potential to be a tough war my 2c.
They have a million plus man army plus another 600,000 or so in reserve.
edit on 18-11-2017 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Poor health and attrition did not stop Hanibal, and he was even playing the away game.

Not suggesting it's a trait one would ever desire in an army, but hardship and extreme conditions, tend to produce hardened people with a will to survive and win out at any cost.

It's one of the reasons America lost in Vietnam along with the geography and piss poor strategies that played out.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
american propaganda psyop!
they set it all up.
oh you believe 911 but not that?

it is to get the people of the world to be totally behind
um! saving the people of north Korea....

remember USSR?
Now we have north korea as the Evil of the world.
even got the MAD!

Do you See Any of them Saving the 3rd world
countries from worms and starvation?
No! just groups taking YOUR money and keeping most of it.

edit on 18-11-2017 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
This once again begs the question:

When will something concrete be done about Kim?

Sanctions and diplomacy don't count. They never work with him.

Something needs to be done now.....and I think many of you know what I'm talking about, because I've said it repeatedly.

This issue with Kim won't go away. I say this is the calm before the storm.

if the UN / global community can't bring about a regime change here...
what good are they?
just once I wish people would do the right thing and free the North Koreans of this repressive nightmare of a government.
edit on 18-11-2017 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So this is the soldier that defected from North Korea earlier this week.

'Enormous number' of parasites in North Korean defector's body, doctors say

Doctors discovered an "enormous number" of parasitic worms slithering inside the body of a man who defected from North Korea this week, the ghastly find illustrating the food and hygiene problems rampant inside the guarded walls of the Hermit Kingdom.

Lee Cook-jong, the defector's lead surgeon, showed photos of the parasitic worms, including an 11-inch long worm found in the man's digestive tract.

“In my over 20 year-long career as a surgeon, I have only seen something like this in a textbook,” Lee told reporters.

Doctors said they discovered corn kernels in the man's stomach leading them to believe the worm's may be related to the hygiene and food problems experts have for years expected in North Korea.

In many of the NK threads, we see some folks claiming NK's army is highly trained and ready for war. I've seen claims that the civilians may be malnourished, but that's because all the good food goes to the Army to keep them ready to fight. Apparently this guy didn't get the memo. And he was one of the guys stationed on the border, where you would expect they would put their best troops. This isn't an isolated case either. These stories have come out of there for years. I've posted before about other North Korean Army defectors relating their horrible experiences about how malnourished and poorly kept the Army is. And their morale is in the gutter.

Can we please get rid of the myth that these guys would make an effective fighting force? Their potential effectiveness is highly suspect if you ask me. I know, I know. What about the artillery? For sure, artillery is deadly even if the guy firing it is sick, however most of their artillery can't reach Seoul, and the pieces that can can only hit the outskirts.

Are you Pro War with North Korea?
This seems more like Pro War Propaganda to me....

How will a war help these malnourished people?
It would also turn nuclear.
We launched 2 nukes on Japan and were not anywhere close to losing our country.
But a war with North Korea would mean their country is on the line which would give them incentive to throw everything they got to survive.

North Korea is none of our business, only ones that think so are globalists neocons.
Let South Korea and Japan take care of their own welfare.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So what you're saying is the whole of NK has been infiltrated by the Goa'uld?

I remember as a kid in the 80's we used to pick wild blackites (blackberries) from the fields next to the terrace, this used to lead to a ***WARNING GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION*** week long itchy anus and little white wiggly worms in our poo.

I'm guessing this is similar, just on a larger scale?
edit on 18/11/17 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Who the hell died and made the UN/global community responsible for regime change?

Whats the point in replacing one dictator with another of our choice?

Because that's what U.N interference amounts to.

What would we say in the U.K or the U.S if say the U.N started to threaten us with conflict over the quasi-totalitarian dictatorships we have in play?

Whats the bet it would go something like "Bloody well do one or we will make you glow in the dark for the next 10,000 years"

Sound familiar???

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
This once again begs the question:

When will something concrete be done about Kim?

Sanctions and diplomacy don't count. They never work with him.

Something needs to be done now.....and I think many of you know what I'm talking about, because I've said it repeatedly.

This issue with Kim won't go away. I say this is the calm before the storm.

So why are you still here and not stealthily attacking North Korea?
Why do you have to wait for others to make the first move?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: pheonix358

So a guy who is running from authorities, gets shot a couple of times, also has an untreated case of worms ... probably could not get to a doctor because ... running from authorities ....

so ..... on ATS ....

All North Korean Army have worms.

Possibly this is SK and Western propaganda. They guy had worms ... big deal people!

P

You've missed the point. That this specific person, a member of the military who is certainly not at the bottom of the military ladder or he would not have been assigned this job, is indicative of a widespread problem across North Korea with regards to parasitic infections in humans. His doctor has stated it the worst case he has ever seen outside of a textbook. What do you think the people at the lowest end of the social status look like if this guy has had these parasites in him for years?

Kim will launch nukes if his countries survival is on the line.
We launched nukes and we did not even reach that point.
How will a nuclear war liberate them?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

What should be done and who should do it? Is it our responsibility to invade every country run by a madman who abuses his people? Don't those people, at some point, have a responsibility to realize they're allowing the lunatic to run the asylum?

You cannot give freedom. It has to be taken in order to be a real thing.

This will be very controversial for me to say, but look at what happened in the US. The slaves did not take their freedom. It was given to them, and many still act like they never received it. They still carry on as if slavery never ended.
edit on 18-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Who the hell died and made the UN/global community responsible for regime change?

What would we say in the U.K or the U.S if say the U.N started to threaten us with conflict over the quasi-totalitarian dictatorships we have in play?

Whats the bet it would go something like "Bloody well do one or we will make you glow in the dark for the next 10,000 years"

Sound familiar???

Excellent Post
That is really what it comes down to.
Installing a puppet that is friendly to NWO Globalist Interests.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dianajune

What should be done and who should do it? Is it our responsibility to invade every country run by a madman who abuses his people? Don't those people, at some point, have a responsibility to realize they're allowing the lunatic to run the asylum?

You cannot give freedom. It has to be taken in order to be a real thing.

This will be very controversial for me to say, but look at what happened in the US. The slaves did not take their freedom. It was given to them, and many still act like they never received it. They still carry on as if slavery never ended.

Excellent Post
The people of North Korea as well as the surrounding countries need take some responsibility and sort it out themselves and look out for their own welfare.
The tax payers are broke in the US and are tired of the globalist wars that do not benefit them but only benefit the globalists.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Sound familiar???

1) to save the people of North Korea from a lifetime of misery.
2) to remove a potential nuclear threat (that has made numerous statements of intent to use) from peaceful neighbors.

tell me again what the UN is for?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The UN is a body where supposedly teaching a bunch of dictators parliamentary procedure was going to make them hungry to spread the wonders of democracy and freedom to their own people at home rather than just figuring out how to use it to be even more corrupt on the world stage.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

What about our nuclear threat to the world?

Do you really think we are mature enough to be playing with that particular match and dynamite?

The people of North Korea will fight to the bitter end to defend their ideologies and territory, they will die by the 100,000s, possibly millions! Now tell me in god honest truth how the hell is that going to help them?

Do you wish the Wikipedia entry on what the U.N is or what they really amount to?

Follow the Money honey......follow the money!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Additionally, you likely won't find any will to act on the part of the UN until the nukes have gone off, and I think China will act on its own before that because they have the most to lose from a nuclear conflict in the Korean peninsula.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Ketracel white springs to mind.

Keep them subservient using critically needed.... energy/fluids/chemicals??

What was in ketracel???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join