It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daddy by default - erroneous paternity claim threatens man's livelihood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In the following YouTube video, we will see the story of Carnell Alexander who owes over $30,000 to the State of Michigan over unpaid child support fees. Mr. Alexander is living in poverty, and unable to get a job since the money will be taken automatically from his paychecks. He also faces jail time for inability to pay. The only problem is that DNA paternity tests prove he isn't the child's Father. In fact, the Mother admits she only wrote his name down on the birth certificate (without his authorization) in order to obtain welfare.

This is a despicable miscarriage of justice. If anything, it is the Mother who should be facing criminal charges for falsely declaring this man to be the father of her child. Despite having a DNA test proving there is a 0.00% chance of paternity, Mr. Alexander is still at risk of homelessness and imprisonment.

This case is a classic example of men's rights being trampled on despite having absolute proof of his total and undisputable lack of liability/responsibility to the mother or her child. In fact, it is amazing to me that making intentional material misrepresentations on a state document (birth certificate) isn't a crime. I think it is time for falsifying birth certificates to fall "Under penalty of perjury."

As the video asks, are you in danger of becoming a "Daddy by default"?
edit on 11/17/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Wow, land of the free eh?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
In the following YouTube video, we will see the story of Carnell Alexander who owes over $30,000 to the State of Michigan over unpaid child support fees. Mr. Alexander is living in poverty, and unable to get a job since the money will be taken automatically from his paychecks. He also faces jail time for inability to pay. The only problem is that DNA paternity tests prove he isn't the child's Father. In fact, the Mother admits she only wrote his name down on the birth certificate (without his authorization) in order to obtain welfare.

This is a despicable miscarriage of justice. If anything, it is the Mother who should be facing criminal charges for falsely declaring this man to be the father of her child. Despite having a DNA test proving there is a 0.00% chance of paternity, Mr. Alexander is still at risk of homelessness and imprisonment.

This case is a classic example of men's rights being trampled on despite having absolute proof of his lack of liability to the mother or her child. In fact, it is amazing to me that making intentional material misrepresentations on a state document (birth certificate) isn't a crime. I think it is time for falsifying birth certificates to fall "Under penalty of perjury."

It is a travesty of justice and how this case even remains in the court system is absurd.

While I think men should be held accountable for fathering children, the court system is too lopsided when it comes to child support. There are many women whose entire goal in life is to trap some guy with a kid - see athletes and rappers.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Heh, I suppose that just depends on which State you're in!

What a sad state our country is in.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I see a time coming soon where paternity tests will be outlawed or the results inadmissible in child support dealings. Just a simple claim will be all that is needed. Why, there could be men out there that can't possibly pay, like the subject in the story. We can't have that now can we?

You know, for the children?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, another issue (or question, I should say) is that if the mother admitted about flat out lying about everything, WHY HASNT SHE WAIVED THE CHILD SUPPORT OWED?

I know for a fact that you can do that.

Then again, If this man is broke and can't afford an attorney, there's not a whole lot that he can do. Unfortunately, any court appointed attorney is going to be the dumbest SOB to ever walk the planet, so that wouldn't help either.

What he needs to do is file a motion to reduce child support which would at least put the issue on record, a lawsuit against her for fraudulently signing his name to the birth certificate (which is crime if he did not consent to it), that right there is illegal, on top of committing welfare fraud. Again, without a decent attorney, he would have a lot of trouble doing this.

I work at a family law firm in Michigan so I have a little insight into my state's perverted bias towards all things related to the mother and complete disregard to the father and their rights.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
WHY HASNT SHE WAIVED THE CHILD SUPPORT OWED?

You can't waive child support in this case. He doesn't owe the money to her, he owes it to the State.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Well, that's what I get for not watching the video

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Old case, the court resolved this in his favor in 2016.

It is only as her suit has moved forward that Wayne County dismissed the child support case against her client. Alexander got official notice days ago, that after a 26-year-long fight he doesn’t owe child support for a child that is not his. Source

edit on 17-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
#femaleprivilege

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
they probably already snatched his license and any future tax returns for a while.

he's in a pretty bad spot for sure. very hard to get to an actual person in these human service offices. around here you cant call and talk to or leave a message for your caseworker.
you call the call center and your caseworker calls you back within x amount of time. plenty of time where it dont come at all.

hard to fight for yourself in these situations

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

there it is.
justice after 26 years haaaaaaaaaay

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There seem to be a few of these reports. Just a simple search:

www.foxnews.com...

A Texas man is battling a court order that mandates he must pay tens of thousands in child support for a child that he did not biologically father and who he met only once.
In 2003, a child support court in Texas ruled that Gabriel Cornejo, 45, had to pay child support to his ex-girlfriend who had recently given birth because she vowed that there was no way he wasn’t the rightful dad.
Cornejo, who is currently raising three children of his own and two nephews, claimed that he was not made aware of this and only found out about the child support payments last year when a deputy served him court papers claiming that the state of Texas lists him as having another child. He soon met the minor for the first and only time – describing her as a “wonderful girl” – but after taking a DNA test, learned she was not his after all.
Only Cornejo’s ex-girlfriend and the state still want the $65,000 in back payments.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thomas did not think his wife was cheating on him when she became pregnant
He asked for a DNA test when the child turned three which proved he wasn't the father
Oklahoma law says someone must ask for a paternity test within two years or be forced to pay child support

wgno.com...

Atkins already knows DNA has proven he’s not the father of his ex-wife’s daughter, who was 2 years old when the couple divorced. But since the truth didn’t come out until the girl was 11 and his name remains on the birth certificate, he is legally obligated to keep paying child support until she turns 19, reports KDVR. “It doesn’t make any sense to me,” said Atkins, who hasn’t had contact with the now-15-year-old girl in four years. The 48-year-old said he should be allowed to maintain visitation with a girl he considered his daughter or if not, be allowed to stop paying $730 a month in child support and health insurance. "I just want my daughter, but I can't even see her, but yet I'm still paying child support. And the biological father has been found and he gets to spend time with her. I don't get nothing,” Atkins said.

wqad.com...

An Iowa man says he is being forced to pay for support for a child that isn't his, and says despite DNA evidence that proves he's not the father, he is still ordered to pay up. "I've been to Des Moines, I've been to the child support recovery unit. I've been in six or seven offices where they just slam the doors in my face," Willie Shorter said. He produced results from a DNA test conducted by a lab back in 1998, where another man was pronounced the biological father with a 99.98 probability. "They told me they can't use this information. They told me I have to get a lawyer," he said.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

While I don't agree with MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) and the Men's Rights Movement, situations like this is why a lot of men joined these movements.
edit on 11/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well, another issue (or question, I should say) is that if the mother admitted about flat out lying about everything, WHY HASNT SHE WAIVED THE CHILD SUPPORT OWED?

I know for a fact that you can do that.

Then again, If this man is broke and can't afford an attorney, there's not a whole lot that he can do. Unfortunately, any court appointed attorney is going to be the dumbest SOB to ever walk the planet, so that wouldn't help either.

What he needs to do is file a motion to reduce child support which would at least put the issue on record, a lawsuit against her for fraudulently signing his name to the birth certificate (which is crime if he did not consent to it), that right there is illegal, on top of committing welfare fraud. Again, without a decent attorney, he would have a lot of trouble doing this.

I work at a family law firm in Michigan so I have a little insight into my state's perverted bias towards all things related to the mother and complete disregard to the father and their rights.

A motion to reduce child support?
That's why I don't trust attorneys generally and I'd rather do the work myself.

I'd file a motion to dismiss with prejudice.

It's up to the state to decide if it want's to prosecute a criminal case for fraud.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am happy to hear this case is finally resolved, but what compensation is this man getting for the 26 years of HELL the State has put him through? Whether the mother or the state (or both) is at fault. there should be hell to pay over this.

I am also disturbed to find that similar cases exist all over the country! Clearly this demonstrates a need to protect the rights of people accused of fathering a child. Writing someone's name on a birth certificate is unacceptable, and should be a crime without their consent (if it isn't already).

She won't face prosecution though. They'll send a clear message that this (and other dirty tricks, like pregnancy entrapment) will go unpunished and leave the door wide open for future abuses.

I think the "family court" system needs to be intensely scrutinized and severely restructured. Any injustice that takes 26 years to fix is illustrative of the massively incompetent judicial systems presiding over these cases.

IMO, this is a clear example demonstrating the need for Men's rights awareness.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Basically the government is telling us something through all of this.

They are explaining that it's best not to have any form of committed relationship with anyone, and instead focus on brief anonymous sexual encounters so that you can avoid all of this.

In fact, it might be best to stay anonymous in all circumstances at all times and make sure as best you can that no one ever finds out your actual name.

And by extension, because our government itself fabricates and falsifies just about everything, fraud is also being suggested as a very good way of life. Not just an occasional fraud, but instead an actual way of life. Like in that film "Catch Me if You Can".

The key here is never get caught. Become nomadic, lie and cheat all the time. This is the only way to avoid injustice, tyranny, and oppression.

Honest people who try to do good are just setting themselves up for a lifetime of victimization.

Thanks for the valuable lesson in life Uncle Sam.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

But not everyone can sleep around though.

It may be an option for you and other people, but for others it isn't.

There are others who want a committed relationship and don't like the idea of sleeping around for various reasons.
edit on 11/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What he needs to do is file a motion to reduce child support which would at least put the issue on record,

I feel the need to add a little more condescension regarding the sorry state of the attorney scam in America.

Filing a motion to reduce child support (just to put the issue on record) would do what?

It'd guarantee that the issue would at least go on 1 more hearing longer than it should, I'd bet.
What's the difference between 1 hearing and 2 hearings?
A month or more?

Extra money for the attorney to charge the client for hours worked?
YE$$$! Cha-ching!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: muzzleflash

But not everyone can sleep around though.

It may be an option for you and other people, but to others it isn't.

There are others who want a committed relationship and don't like the idea of sleeping around for various reasons.

I'm pretty much a monk.
Well, I'm trying to be.
I'm sorta in recovery from being just like you basically.

You can't say you weren't warned.
You will be punished for your behavior and ideology.

And don't blame me, I'm actually on your side.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join