It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing comedy news shows?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
For a comedy show to be successful the audience needs to have a sense of humor. Nothing is funny to some people.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
For a comedy show to be successful the audience needs to have a sense of humor. Nothing is funny to some people.

I agree. They way you become a leader is to find a parade and step in front of it.

Part of the the reason why there is no successful right wing comedy shows is because what is funny is on the edge of what is tragic. People on the left find what the right is doing is much more tragic, and therefore, funny because it's hard to believe it is happening.

Where the same is not so true on the left. Since the left has been completely removed from office in 2016 there's not much the right can be tragic about. It's not like taxes are increasing. There are no new programs to fight poverty. There's not universal healthcare. Actually, other than Hillary Clinton's choice of perfume what exact does the right have to complain about? Oh, the liberal media which is owned by right wing conservatives. Complaining about the media is not really funny.

edit on 10-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I have to disagree with this:

In today's world we can choose between any number of news programs. News reporting has become so large that it has even spread out in to the world of comedy.

.... from the OP

Yes, so called 'news' is ubiquitous, much of what is called news is merely gossip and innuendo. True journalism reports only the what, where, when, who and how of any particular situation never the 'why' which is left to the opinion/analysis/editorial sections and/or journals.

Many 'news' outlets are simply presenting 'opinion' with some unverified journalistic facts as news when it is not. Media outlets (notice the term) on both left and right are misrepresenting themselves.

There is nothing new about 'spinning' the facts to represent your particular view, it is important to find sources that attempt journalistic integrity to the best of their ability to get facts, before attempting analysis or simple opinion.

What is important is informed opinion and being informed means knowing all the facts whether they agree with your preconceived notions or not and then, consciously or not, attempting to answer of the why of anything.

Understanding 'intent' (a why) is only your or somebody else's best (or idealistically purposeful) guess of a, excuse me, 'spiritual'/'mental'/'emotional'/'non-material' component of any event.

I'm getting way off topic - just remember 'assume' means 'making an ass out of you and me'.

As to humor - I'm prejudiced to left and enjoy it. Haven't heard any 'right' political humor.

Except for a poem, I heard in a documentary by the BBC about the KKK (didn't watch it all) that the author and reciter thought was hilarious but I thought - mmmm poor.

I'm rambling - the doc on netflix was interesting and did show a confrontation (with interviews on both sides) between 'white' and 'black' power protesters in the south over the monuments/flags issue that was very well done. What I took from this sequence was the similarities of the two groups - each with their own valid reasoning and both, I thought with a delusion about 'facts' - or rather a short sighted interpretation (opinion) about the 'whys' , that had more in common then difference. That commonality was that the majority of both black and white power constituencies were 'angry, young, poor men' .

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: scraedtosleep Info Wars

Infowars isn't right wing or left wing.

Infowars is a flightless bird.

nice.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

nice.

Infowars will say anything to make money. It's shock jock fake news journalism.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I like to watch a broad range of news shows. In today's world we can choose between any number of news programs. News reporting has become so large that it has even spread out in to the world of comedy. Those of you that are democrats or are on the left will be very aware of shows such as, the daily show
, real time
, full frontal
, and my personal favorite last week tonight
. As funny as those can be they are very much on the left.
Like I said, I want a range of news, comedy or otherwise.
My question is this, are there any right wing comedy news shows that I am missing?

Those are not news show. Those are talk show that mocks the news.
News show do not have live audiences and bands.

Which vice president was it that got mocked by the main stream media for using the daly show as a "source".

Its was quite a while ago.
edit on 10-11-2017 by SmilingROB because: Added more

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think your on to something here. The right wing is represented on radio. Just not on tv it would seem.
A lot more right wing radio broadcasts than liberal ones.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

FOX has the Greg Gutfeld show. I don't like political comedy shows. They are so popular because nowhere else can you have your biases confirmed

That's twisting the narrative of most satirical comedy shows, which will send up politics, police, the Queen, their own panellists..people in general, where there is more than a hint of truth in it...people can laugh at themselves very easily, and often the story is of something people hadn't actually heard about.

As for right-left shows, they should all be a-political, and take the pee out of all those who place themselves in ridicule.

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh, the liberal media which is owned by right wing conservatives.

is that true?

link   

I think your on to something here. The right wing is represented on radio. Just not on tv it would seem.
A lot more right wing radio broadcasts than liberal ones.

Your avatar is just mean...

*Cries*

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think a big reason people think this in America is because of our delusions of where the "middle road" is. Most comedy is middle-of-the-road but, because American politics is so full of ridiculous caricatures of backwards thinking, most comedy is focused on the outliers. The comedy-worthy leftists (extreme college SJWs, etc) aren't really major political figures whereas the typical conservative politician falls directly in that extreme category.

It's easy to make fun of bigots being afraid gay people kissing yet will slap another man's ass at a football game. It's not very easy to make jokes about rape victims or minorities trying to gain equity.

In short, it's because humor relies on a core of truth. Fear-based hate and discrimination usually doesn't have that core to begin with and plain ole' ignorant fear isn't all that funny.

This is why you'll only find conservative humor succeed when it avoids politics, like the Blue Collar Comedy guys. They just stick with funny tropes and steer clear of the heavy stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

We have a couple of members on ATS that would fit the bill of "right wing comedy news shows" with their daily posts...

I think you mean, slapstick there!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Oh, I was definitely stretching the definition of the word news when describing those shows I listed.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The doc ? whats that ? I googled it and got nothing.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Your avatar is just mean...

It's so wonderfully horrible I just had to use it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

nice.

Infowars will say anything to make money. It's shock jock fake news journalism.

Alex is the absolute master at surrealistic conceptual humor. I can guarantee he is laughing all the way to the bank at the gullibility of his audience.

If "Strawberry Caveman Paleo formula" dosen't give you some clues to the cryptic inexplicable mind of AJ, nothing will.

Pure marketing genius to a targeted demographic.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Have you seen South Park?

They manage to do it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think a big reason people think this in America is because of our delusions of where the "middle road" is. Most comedy is middle-of-the-road but, because American politics is so full of ridiculous caricatures of backwards thinking, most comedy is focused on the outliers. The comedy-worthy leftists (extreme college SJWs, etc) aren't really major political figures whereas the typical conservative politician falls directly in that extreme category.

Maybe...but there are a lot of big name liberals and dems that they could be talking about but don't. Plus we all know that the hosts of those shows are all on the left. I think this argument could be made for the daily show and bill maher but not samantha bee and john oliver. Those two are far left and are going to make fun of the right no mater what.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As far as neutral comedy goes south park is the king.
Those guys go after everyone.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

As far as neutral comedy goes south park is the king.
Those guys go after everyone.

I know, but its popularity does prove that right wingers do have a sense of humor and that both sides of the aisle can be made funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join