It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living 80 million year old shark species captured

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They should go on a campaign to find those things, so that they can exterminate them. They look dangerous.
edit on 11-11-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: trollz

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about Hillary being captured in the Ocean?

Doesn’t get more corny then this...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Caught from 1/2 mile down in the ocean, that doesn't surprise me.
I'd bet there's several more species dwelling in the deep that time has pretty much left alone for millions of years.
The advantage of living so deep is even asteroids hitting the Earth wouldn't wipe out the species.

Actually, an ELE (Extinction Level Event) is complete, due to de-oxygenation of the oceans due to raining down of mineral ash from impactors that also triggered volcanos resulting in the change in temperature due to blanket of cloud surrounding the earth and freezing everything. The cretaceous, tertiary 'Tritium' boundary layer is found around the world.

Or maybe life isn't as old as we think. Or life has been 'assisted' along the way, 'rekindled' to prevent total extinction.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Am I the only one wondering if Megalodons are still active?

They aren't. Neither are fifty foot Alligators and Porpoises.

Or giant fleas, two foot dragonflies, and cockroaches the size of dinner plates.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argus100

originally posted by: interupt42

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about Hillary being captured in the Ocean?

Doesn’t get more corny then this...

And yet you made it possible.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: interupt42

COME ON MAN, must politics be brought into every thread? I am so sick of this sh1t

Look I get it , there is a politics everywhere now but It was a little minuscule harmless joke, no need to get bent as it wasn't some deep political rant.

You are after all on a conspiracy website and not some scientific journal site. The replies are making it more than it is and bringing more focus to it.

So Chillax and hope your day gets better.

Like I previously said its fascinating that we are still able to find such discoveries or did you only focus on the jk I made.

edit on 231130America/ChicagoSun, 12 Nov 2017 08:23:15 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

At a depth of 700 metres I doubt they can be a danger to you...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So are these things 80 million years old or are there so many that mating successfully has happened continually for 80 million years?

Why didn't it evolve into a different form, it is the same as it was 80 million years ago? Evolution down the toilet for good.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sorry to all the members that replied to me in the other thread, I missed replying to you because the thread was closed and redirected here. I was enjoying that exchange...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Johnny Anonymous thread was way better, had different links and actually was about one swimming in the ocean not this eel thing caught. The pics were better the links were better, what moron shut that one down for this one, they are not even comparable?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
So are these things 80 million years old or are there so many that mating successfully has happened continually for 80 million years?

Neither

Why didn't it evolve into a different form, it is the same as it was 80 million years ago?

It's not an 80 million year old organism, it's only been around since the early Pleistocene.

Evolution down the toilet for good.

No, not even close. Nobody has said that frilled sharks have not changed over time and they aren't 80MA. This is what happens when lazy journalists write about science they don't understand and go for an easy headline. Of all the scientific theories to have existed, evolution has the largest body of supporting evidence.

(post by TinfoilTP removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

At a depth of 700 metres I doubt they can be a danger to you...

One ended up in this guys boat. They know now that there are aliens out there. It's only a matter of time before they attack.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If you are talking about the case in the opening post, no, it didn't "end up" in someone's boat, they caught it at a depth of 700 metres.

And you are only in danger if you are a squid.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well apparently neither were these sharks until someone caught one...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Actually, no. They've been well known and described in scientific literature since 1884 when the first piece about them was published. The first specimens were brought back to Austria from Japan in 1881. They've been known from physical remains for over 135 years.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

And that hasn't happened with Megalodons, all the physical remains we have are millions of years old.

PS: I have one of those, a fossil of a Megalodon tooth.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Since I can do without any of those, let's be grateful!!

The deep ocean is the last frontier here on Earth. One that we know as little about, in many ways, as we do about deep space. Who knows what else lives out in the deep sea?

I love stuff like this!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Milkweed

I'm curious as to what exactly you're you basing your supposition on that leads you to this conclusion. It's not as if the margins of error in radioactive decay aren't understood or can't be independently corroborated.

Just a guess....

The Biblical view is that the universe is 6000 yrs max.

answersingenesis.org...

I think one must consider measurement of time from God's perspective before assuming the 7 Days of Creation were in the 24hr format and everthing tgat followed totaled 6000 years. We base a day on one revolution of Earth which wasnt even created until "Days 2 and 3. What if a single God day is a few billion years to us? What if His "days" were translated to "period of time spent creating", so maybe Day 1 was 1-billion years, Day 2 10-billion, Day 3 2-billion... If birds and fish were Day 5, that could be billions of years for dinosaurs to roam, man and animal were Day 6.....

In ancient Hebrew, the word that translates to Day in English, also translates to Stage or Phase. Now it sounds more omnipotent to say it took 7 days, but 7 stages would match the evolution of the solar system. Darkness->Light = Mass of Sun reaches critical mass to begin fusion. Land from Water = accumulation of asteroid debris to form planets. Bacteria, moss, primitive plants were the first living creatures, then fish, amphibians, mammals.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Wow. Rare species discovered and what do we do? Yank it from its protective cocoon and start examining it.

Jeezus we are such stupid animal sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join