It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Christmas present from Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I think that's two hundred jobs left out of the original eight hundred . Six hundred are gone.

That's what I got. Maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I think that's two hundred jobs left out of the original eight hundred . Six hundred are gone.

That's what I got. Maybe I'm wrong.

That's correct, except the number is now 660 gone. Only 140 are remaining and planned to be removed next year. Though if you really want to get technical, it's "only" 534 this year, because 126 of the jobs were extended until the first week of January so they can be counted in 2018's job loss figures rather than 2017's.
edit on 9-11-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah, what an ass...This just came out about Russia and deflecting negative press about trump....

Russia Twitter Trolls.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

No worries.

If this becomes a popular media thing, Trump will be sure to fill us all in... by way of twitty tweeter.

I'm sure the greasy-used-car-salesman will find a way to make this all look like he did a great thing and somehow saved the day. Or he'll just blame the failure on Pence.

Roy Cohn taught his little apprentice well.

edit on 9-11-2017 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think it's best summed up this way:

Magician: I will now make this bus disappear! Alakazam! *poof of smoke*
Audience Member: The bus is still there, we can see it.
Magician: No you don't! The bus is gone! Now applaud the great Magani!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
So he is being attacked over 200 jobs? Did he personally fire those 200?

Short answer....YES.

Long answer....yes, because President Trump is now fully responsible for ANY type of wrongdoing such as; mass shooting, severe weather, climate change, alien attack, ELE, forrest fire, earthquake, torcaneo(tornado+ hurricane hybrid), job loss, healthcare, Ebola, male pattern baldness, dinosaur extinction, low air pressure in tires, reality programming, road conditions, stock market, gas prices, Kimye, decline in the migratory path of the Pacific Tree Octopus, skunky beer, poor WI-FI, CIA, JFK, CNN, KFC, COPD, FBI, ATF, IRS, ISIS, FUBAR, low water pressure, bad drivers, and ADHD.

I'm sure I missed something but those are the biglyist ones that I can think of. Life's been FREAKING AWESOME since the President took office. I am no longer responsible or accountable for ANYTHING anymore. It's all the President's fault.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go explain to my dog how the "Trumpperfly Effect©"** ruined her trip to the park today.

**Trumpperfly Effect- similar to the butterfly effect, the TE takes place when the President tweets something overnight in DC, causing the MSM to start the dialogue over said tweet. Soon the MSM news cycle starts to spread outward from DC causing mobile alerts to start showing up on people's phones, PC's, and cell phones. Slowly, the news alerts are read as people are waking up within their time zone. Everytime an electronic device is opened to read the President's tweet, it causes a slight rise in temperature which then grows exponentially as the tweet is discussed and dissected. The heat from the electronic devices, along with all of the hot air being spewed out by discussing the tweet causes a significant rise in air temperature that grows as it reaches the PNW due to a 3hr time difference from when the story broke from DC. The moist air coming in from the Pacific ocean is suddenly met with the hot air mass coming in from the east settling over Oregon. A cool air mass coming out if Canada then collides with the warm-moist air over Oregon causing torrential rain over the past few days, creating a muddy mess at the dog park, which is how President Trump and the Trumpperfly Effect© is responsible for my dogs disappointment. It's not my fault, you can't argue with science.

If you care to look deep enough, you'll find that Trump is responsible for the 200 jobs lost at the Carrier manufacturing plant. I'm sure it's due to their chosen industry, HVAC. The Trumpperfly Effect® is causing some crazy weather patterns, which is why people aren't purchasing new HVAC systems, hence causing the drop in demand for HVAC units, which is causing the company to layoff 200 people. The Trumpperfly Effect® is real people...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Why didn't more people buy Carrier air conditioners? Perhaps for the same reason why Hostess (Twinkies) is in trouble again. Product costs too much. That's not the President's fault. He can only lead the horses to the water.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

with me, it has very little to do with the political parties. I've seen similar arrangements lead to the same fate in NY and I kind of think that politicians from both parties have a tendency to fall for this kind of what I would call a corporate scam, blackmail, or whatever you want to call it. oh, if you don't give us a ton of money, we will take the jobs away. still say that what they are doing is having the gov't fund the cost of moving those danged jobs!!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: SlapMonkey

If they weren't under his control, then he shouldn't have taken credit. Since he did take credit though I have no problem with giving him the blame when it all unravels.

I agree with the first half of your statement--the latter half lacks logic and credibility.

That's like if I were to say that I blame Al Gore for the polar ice caps not being completely melted--he claimed it, and it didn't happen.

But is it his fault? Is it something that he could control? Did he have a direct hand in the climate and what it did or didn't do?

(no...the answer is not to all of those)

Placing blame and actually being culpable are not actions that always meet at the same point.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is how Trump "wins."

He makes outlandish claims, and when it turns out to be nothing more than a claim, his cultists come in to say "nothing to see here, folks, move along."

"It's just presidential campaign material...."
"But but but Hillary"

You cultists are great.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is how Trump "wins."

He makes outlandish claims, and when it turns out to be nothing more than a claim, his cultists come in to say "nothing to see here, folks, move along."

"It's just presidential campaign material...."
"But but but Hillary"

You cultists are great.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Unsure how it's Trump's fault. He made a deal with Carrier to try and keep jobs. If they don't fulfill their part of the deal, then they will roll back the subsidy that was offered to keep the jobs. Seems Trump did what he could to save some jobs, but the company is backing out on the deal. Call me a cult member if you want, but it's no better than the anti-Trump cult. Pot meet kettle I guess as they say around here.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

He claimed to be a great deal maker. His deal didn't work, and the company pocketed a bunch of tax incentives (only some of which are being rolled back by not employing people). He and by extension the tax payers of Indiana just got taken for a ride.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes I agree. Perfect summationa reply to: Eshel

<< 1   >>

join