It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary old man music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
These two songs from Johnny Cash are amazingly dark and scary:

And this one is really good too:

I'm not the biggest Johnny Cash fan but I love these two songs. So dark and eerie.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

He did make a few gems in his time.

Hurt was actually a cover of a Nine Inch Nails song written by the amazingly gifted Trent Reznor, but Johnny's version does the song justice.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I love country music...as long as it's Johnny, Waylon, or Willie.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Johnny in the Locomotive... made me think.

Why are the engineers always looking out the right side of the train. Cars and trucks have the controls on the left? Why not a train.

Johnny was somewhere between light and darkness, a tormented soul. Having lived caged and thrown away for a while.

That thing we hope we never have to endure.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

If you haven't, I would suggest listening to Leonard Cohen's final album, You Want it Darker

Dark, eerie, beautiful.

And one of my all time favorites:

Song starts @1:30.

I do think Cash's version of Hurt is very, very well done, but I still prefer NIN. The live versions, such as from 'And All that Could Have Been,' is stellar.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

If you haven't, I would suggest listening to Leonard Cohen's final album, You Want it Darker

Dark, eerie, beautiful.

I do think Cash's version of Hurt is very, very well done, but I still prefer NIN. The live versions, such as from 'And All that Could Have Been,' is stellar.

Cohen died a year ago tomorrow...

Deep poet that one, but with the edge of the devil.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I love NIN.

edit on 6-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Liquesence

I love NIN.

Oh, me too. Not only do I love them, I admire Trent as a person and as an artist. He's been one of the top inspirations and influences for me as a DIY artist.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: Liquesence

Dark, eerie, beautiful.

Cohen died a year ago tomorrow...

Deep poet that one, but with the edge of the devil.

I remember very well when that happened last year, I just didn't know it was almost to the day.

Deep poet, indeed. And, many very deep people are also deeply tortured, much like Johnny Cash.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Sometimes we make the mistake of not appreciating "dark" unless we commit to "being evil". We are set to extremes that stifle our minds.

Grey is darker than black, lighter than white.

Faith and hopelessness. Tears over smiles. Pain you crave. The devil that taunts you with heaven. The God that scares you with hell.

God. Its so much. So big. I want to burst! And die. My God.

Injustice, revenge, forgiveness, honor, lies, one love, one life, so much rage, little things, big deeds, small warmth. Sex, death, birth and nameless time...always churning in the machine and pumping out sand and ashes from the other side.

So much to then only limit ourselves to a binary good or evil we make true. Absolute.

There is no release unless you know what it is that you are holding onto in the first place. People are pandoras box.

Thanks for this

I love old people.

edit on 11 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Nick Cave is one of Australia's loved or hated dark poets. Check his music out, if you have not heard it, he is brillant. A poet and musician as deeply worthy as any dark soul.

edit on 6-11-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Hurt isn't his.. But we kinda get your point... And Leonard Cohen went darker in the end... yet he wrote "Hallelujah "

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

When I heard Leonard sing "I had some demons, they were middle class and tame" on that last album, I wanted to give him a round of applause! Self awareness at the end, peace and release. The guy was a genius.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

join