It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead S8E3 - Spoilers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
TWD Episode 3 of Season 8 just aired and I have some qualms I wish to discuss.

First off, I am enjoying the past 3 episodes and how the are too the minute continuations of each other.
With the exception of The season openers flash forwards and back, So far everything's been fairly easy to follow.

We pick up right where we left off last week with seemingly Ricks life hanging in the balance while Morales holds a gun point blank on him.
This is my first issue,
rather than have a random Saviour in place of Morales, the producers decide to bring back a character, long forgotten, immediately after He decided to leave the group back in Atlanta.
The producers then develop Morales character by having him explain what happened to him and his family after he left the group back in season 1.
This carries on for the better part of the beginning of the episode. Rick and him going back and forth.
Just when we think maybe Rick will turn Morales against the Saviours, have him join up with team good guys and will live happily ever after, Mr Dixon walks in and puts a crossbow bolt into his head.

Why even bring him back?
The producers don't like loose ends I guess?
A long forgotten character, that had as much of an impact on the show as a fly does hitting a skyscraper.
Good bye Morales...you still won't be remembered.

The war rages on while Eric and Aaron find a nice shady tree to sit under.
Eric bleeding from the guts, tells Aaron to put his big boy panties on and get back in the fight.
A long drawn out good bye from Eric, which is a character that has had minimal screen time and is supposed to be the boyfriend of a multi season regular, Aaron.
We never really got to know Eric enough to give a crap about his death.
we seen it coming. The last episode has Eric helping turn the tide in the fight by running behind a car to hide...thus getting himself shot.
Great job Eric, your death will be just as memorable as Morales was.

One scene I found particularly interesting was the scene where Rick hands over newly orphaned and abducted infant Gracie, to widowed Aaron.
In the back ground you can see way off in the distance a blue van drive by.
Was that supposed to be there?
Maybe it was some of the good guys catching a ride going home.
I'll have to rewatch the episode again.

At the end of the episode, one of the left over Saviours decide to take a pot-shot at Rick and Daryl.
Rick tells him to come out, give them so info and he can go on his merry way.
So the guy comes out divulges the info Ricks looking for, and when he asks if he can go,
Mr Dixen pops a bullet into his head.

All in all, I'm enjoying how the season is playing out so far. A continuous connection of episodes, with the exception of a few instances of bad or hurried writing.

What did you all think of tonight's episode?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I have not enjoyed the last two episodes. They seemed really choppy.

However, this episode seemed to reckon back to the original season's writing. There was an all encompassing give and take. Some really heartfelt scenes of sacrifice and circling round at the end of new life with the saving of baby Gracie.

I was really disappointed that the Hilltop leader and others were allowed sanction and forgiveness.

I think Jesus has lost his mind; he has forgotten this is war for survival.

I will say the closeups of the major characters displayed intense weariness and personal torture.

This was a much more painful episode that the previous two and much more thoughtful.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Why even bring him back? The producers don't like loose ends I guess?

8 seasons now we still don't know who was in the helicopter.

And we still don't know who was behind the carved foreheads.

Been A LOT of loose ends in this series.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I think Jesus has lost his mind; he has forgotten this is war for survival.

Taking prisoners is going to come and bite them in their rear ends big time.

Morgan is right.

Kill em all!!!!

Especially that long haired dude.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I liked it and it’s a definite shift from previous season’s formulas.. having a continuous war I mean.

I bet the flash back character was an issue of availability..

The actor was likely in town and free. They are obviously dealing with the conflict of what to do about the conquered.

I think this is heading towards a court sysytem of some sort and they execute those with specific crimes.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

It’s really kinda funny now that I think about it lol....

“Oh my god what will we ever do?!?!?!

We have this bunch of people of varying levels of guilt that we have taken captive!

Civilization has been gone for like maybe a year or two and none of us can think of some kind of process where people are judged before a sentence is decided and handed down?!!!

If only I had paid closer attention in history class lol!!”

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There were 2 helicopter instances in TWD.
The helicopter in season one was the work of Frank Durabont. The producers didn't like where he was taking TWD so they dropped him.
If you recall, the zombies could run, they picked up rocks, even turn door knobs, they had some degree of intelligence...
you sort of have to forget the majority of season one due to the removal of Frank.
The helicopter in season 3 was just a plot point to introduce the Governor to Andrea and Michonne. Sort of set the tone for his character.

As for the carved foreheads, if you remember the Wolves, from season 6?
The group of hobos that tried to take Alexandria.
They were the ones behind the carved melons.
Sometimes it would be seen as a W or and M depending on the orientation of the body.
But the W was their calling card.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I never thought about Morales returning from that aspect.
Very possible reason.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
2 effing years of the Neegan story arc.

Good hell.'

They are draggin this snip out.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Bwhahahaaa toxic zombies!

top topics

join