It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonopah Test Range video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I spent a day plane spotting near the Tonopah Test Range in June of this year, 2017.
I caught numerous Janet's landing and taking off, and "something" on the taxiway. Could have just been a fuel truck, hard to tell.
They opened some hangar doors, but from what I could see nothing went in or out.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Kind'a just something to watch. not much happened. As he said, it would be better in the early morning with out the heat distortion.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I live in Scottsdale.. moved here almost 2 years ago from Cleveland.. I drove to LA over the summer once. I passed by Tonopah and that weird town surrounding that weird rock.

It's pretty weird over there.

That rock/mountain is really strange.. almost as if someone blasted through half of it with dynamite or something.

Maybe I should drive through that town sometime and get a closer look. I got a weird vibe going through there...

EDIT...

Wow.. I'm thinking of the wrong place.. I'm thinking Tonopah AZ... I couldve sworn there was a base when I passed through there.. I thought I saw signs and I assumed it was the same.place ppl.talk about
edit on 1-11-2017 by Lucidparadox because: Hmmm

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Some of the old hangars hold Russian land vehicles, not aircraft. Tanks, missile launchers, etc.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they need both front and back hangar doors open for a jet to leave the hangar under its own power. With one door open, the would use a tug. All the F-117 flights I've watched at the TTR had the front and back hangar doors open.

The TTR has fuel "hydrants." I don't know if that means you won't see fuel trucks as well. You absolutely see fuel trucks at Groom Lake.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
The TTR has fuel "hydrants." I don't know if that means you won't see fuel trucks as well. You absolutely see fuel trucks at Groom Lake.

They have fuel trucks as well. Pretty sure they are colored red, and located away from the runway and taxi lanes. Couple of sat pics(Bing maybe?) that have them outside some hangars.
Almost positive they're not fire trucks, as I believe those are olive or some sort of beige color.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomeyKXTA

originally posted by: gariac

They have fuel trucks as well. Pretty sure they are colored red, and located away from the runway and taxi lanes. Couple of sat pics(Bing maybe?) that have them outside some hangars.
Almost positive they're not fire trucks, as I believe those are olive or some sort of beige color.

After seeing that other post, I am now wondering if might have been one of the pictured SCUD launchers? Hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The thing you saw could be one of those older style UAV where the V tail faces downward. Predator for instance.

The thing with these test ranges is the plane may not be what they are testing. If you have some sensor you are trying to get the bugs out of, you can put it into anything that flies. Some old UAV or plane will do the trick.

It is kind of like those goofy cars they test in Death Valley. The car body may have no relevance to the final product.

I suppose since I mentioned the test cats:
www.google.com...

Those nameless steel frame warehouses in Beatty supposedly hold test vehicles. Beatty in a sense is kind of a spooky town. Besides the auto makers trying to lay low, Nellis does some desert training. If you go 8nto the Stagecoach motel next to Eddie's, you will see there is a special Nellis guest register. If they signed the same register as the regular guests, a nosy person could memorize some names.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
that flies. Some old UAV or plane will do the trick.

It is kind of like those goofy cars they test in Death Valley. The car body may have no relevance to the final product.

I suppose since I mentioned the test cats:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

link   

link   

link   

top topics

join