It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This 2017 World Series is simply nuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Not sure how many ATSers are watching the World Series Game 5 right now or the series overall, but this game/series is nuts. Wow!

Tonight alone, 3 different players have hit a 3-run HR; two from the Astros. I've never seen instant offense like this; not even by the Yankees of yesteryear.

The Astros have been unreal at home this postseason, and they brought it again tonight - offensively anyways.

I was reminded of the Sports Illustrated cover from 2014 the other day. It's quite remarkable, especially if Houston goes on to win this thing.

Go Stros!

2014 SI Cover Declares Astros 2017 WS Champs
edit on 1418x6714America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I just can't get past the umpire in game 6 or 7 of the ALCS with the Yankees. The strike zone was pure insanity. I've never seen and umpire actual move during a pitch to one side. One time he as calling strikes from almost behind the batter. How can the umpire know where the strike zone is if he shifts position during the pitch. Pure insanity. I can't stand it when umpires throw a game. I just lose all interest in a sport when this happens. What's the point when there are no rules!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Good game!

And I don't even like watching baseball normally..

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

One thing though now is that we see a computer generated box indicating the strike zone, and they put a marker on the graphic. We may see that they placed the ball on the outside of the strike zone computer graphic, but we are not really there to judge where the ball actually was.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

As a Tiger fan, I'm really hoping Verlander can go out and get the win.
It would be great to see him on the mound (regardless of uniform) winning the Series.

Should've happened here, but no such luck..

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
All my teams were out by the divisional playoffs. I was not expecting much after the DLS but this World Series has it all!

Game 5 was a joy to watch as just a fan of baseball. Even just people at the bar were getting into it. Asking about the DH rule. Why the Astros are in the American League, etc. Even the bus boys who only watch basketball took their time bussing plates to watch and cheer!

America's Pastime is showing us why it is still a worthy sport!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Agreed.

After a long 162 game season, this WS seems to be worth it all. Most people only begin watching baseball when the playoffs come along anyway, and I would imagine the ratings would be higher if the Yankees or Red Sox were still in it, but I wouldn't have it any other way right now. LA and Houston are providing us with arguably the most exciting/entertaining WS of this early century....which includes the Cubs breaking 'the curse' last year, and the Red Sox overcoming their 'curse' although they soundly beat the Cards 4-0 in that WS.

Either way - good stuff (for whoever is watching!)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

As a Tiger fan, I'm really hoping Verlander can go out and get the win.
It would be great to see him on the mound (regardless of uniform) winning the Series.

Should've happened here, but no such luck..

I've got faith in him. He has been incredible since joining Houston. Incredible = 9-0 with an ERA well under 2.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm a Dodger fan myself since 1958 and I hope they can come back from being down 3-2. This will go down as one of the best World Series in history. My historic moment was watching B&W TV in 1960 when Bill Mazeroski hit his walk off home run in game seven in the bottom of the ninth to beat the yanks. I was home from school with the flu and I felt really rotten but I remember that moment. My best,

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
I'm a Dodger fan myself since 1958 and I hope they can come back from being down 3-2. This will go down as one of the best World Series in history. My historic moment was watching B&W TV in 1960 when Bill Mazeroski hit his walk off home run in game seven in the bottom of the ninth to beat the yanks. I was home from school with the flu and I felt really rotten but I remember that moment. My best,

Thats a very cool memory.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
GAH!

All the other games were a blast to watch! Dodgers come back to play Game 7!!!

And Game 7 sucked!

When Darvish (after is last appearance I started referring to him as "hurling Darvish") gave up the double to (??) Springer (??) for what seems like the eleventeeth time this World Series, then, right there, at that very moment, they should have yanked him. But oh no. There goes the ball and the Dodgers hope at winning!

Cheers from one end! Quiet shakes of the head on the other. The agony of defeat.

Kershaw was the man! He is a great pitcher!

Not the result I wanted. Six great games. Congrats Astros!!! Still a joy to watch!!

new topics

top topics

join