It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration to lease 77 million acres in Gulf of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Trump: "So many good-paying jobs working oil reserves in the gulf, it will be great"

Environmentalists: "How many Deepwater Horizons are we going to go through before the Gulf is dead?"
edit on 25-10-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It's not just because of the water depth.

It was primarily because of ocean depth. A leak at that depth is under tremendous pressure, once the leak sprouted, way above technologies efforts to cap it, as we saw.

The lack of maintenance practice (due to 'budgets') aboard the oil platform itself began the chain reaction that led to the rupture at depth. So, it wasn't because of the depth at first, all other things being equal. The technology works as long as nothing else breaks. Man and his greed screwed it up.

Men will screw it up again.

edit on 26-10-2017 by intrptr because: chage

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Trump: "So many good-paying jobs working oil reserves in the gulf, it will be great"

Environmentalists: "How many Deepwater Horizons are we going to go through before the Gulf is dead?"

Once the gulf is dead, they figure no one will care anymore.

Until all that core exit oil washes ashore in a Hurricane.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Nope and nope. You should do some research.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Nope and nope. You should do some research.

They were dealing with 5,000 feet of water exerting 2,300 pounds of pressure on every square inch of surface area.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Why is 5000 ft of water different then 5000 ft of rock. Rock even has a higher density. What is the magic of water?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

You just answered your own question.

Rock is solid so oil is contained whereas water can be displaced, because its fluid.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sorry but you have no clue about this.

One last waste of my time

Rock is solid so oil is contained

Then how does it ever flow out of the formation...
edit on 10/26/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Sorry but you have no clue about this.

One last waste of my time

Rock is solid so oil is contained

Then how does it ever flow out of the formation...

They drill down beneath the sea floor , the pressure down where the oil deposit is beneath the sea floor is greater than the pressure at the sea floor. Once the well head pipe is broken, the oil rises and shoots out under pressure greater than the pressure at the sea floor.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I sure hope they do not lessen environmental regulations on that or liability of the corporations.

Isn't that exactly what's being done? Now we know why.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: rickymouse
I sure hope they do not lessen environmental regulations on that or liability of the corporations. Although I do not approve of the way people scammed BP money, I still think that reasonable liability should exist. I bet half of BP money wound up in the hands of deceivers.

I bet there are more people with legitimate claims that were never paid then fraudulent claims paid. I still know people who have real claims and have never been paid a dime. Whenever there is a large settlement or class action lawsuits with big companies they use a pay out formula.

Something like pay out 60% of all claims made no matter what and never pay the rest of the 40% or draw them out so ling they give up. They have been using this formula for years. When 60% are satisfied it makes the other 40% with real claims who never got paid just look like cry babies.

F BP and the Coast Guard who willfully poisoned people to protect profits.

Every person, (not just Americans, but “every person”) who eats, (or used to eat) seafood caught in or around the Gulf of Mexico has been irreversibly harmed and/or poisoned and BP doesn’t have enough money to ever make them whole again.

I have been around commercial fishing my entire life. My father was a commercial shrimper and fisherman and I too have been doing some commercial fishing from 1972 to this day.

When I was a kid, we had the big oil spill down off the coast of Mexico, in the Bay of Campeche and we had oil & tar balls show up on our beaches. I remember having to remove our shoes and/or washing our feet before we got back in our car at the beach because the oil and tar would ruin the carpeting in the car.

What didn’t happen, was that oil & tar never showed up in our seafood. At least I don’t ever remember seeing it and I cleaned a helluva lot of seafood in those days.

Nowadays, I see and remove tar balls from the flesh of 10% of all the flounder that I fillet. I’m talking about black, greasy, oily, smelly, tar balls embedded in the flesh off the fish.

I’m not talking about the northern Gulf of Mexico either. I’m talking about along the southernmost coast of Texas.

What’s different between the two oil spills? While they both spilled a tremendous amount of oil in our gulf, only one of them intentionally sprayed even more chemicals into the mix, (Corexit) in an attempt to conceal the true extent of the damage from the public eye.

I believe that the Corexit breaks down the oil to a point where it’s easily ingested by all kinds of sea life including shrimp, oysters, crabs, fish, etc., etc.. Throughout the entire sea food chain from top to bottom. Everyone who eats it has been harmed.

Not that Trump would care. So long as it’s not an unsightly wind generator imposing on the beauty of one of his golf resorts, go for it!

NIMBY, anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join