It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s wife now confirms mother and congresswoman's statements.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Lefties are not anti-war. They are anti-war for profit, anti-MIC, anti corporate involvement in ANY affair of state or international diplomacy. We want the corporate sector to keep its nose out of all political business, all over the world, and never to try to influence any political figure, party or process, ever again. That is a lefty view.

If I thought for one single, solitary second, that my nations armed forces were for defence of my nations borders against any actual military invasion or threat thereof, I would have joined when I was a young lad. I KNOW however, and have done for a great deal of time, that my nations armed forces have not protected this country with any of the actions they have undertaken since I was born, and so I refused to offer myself in that way.

This "lefties are pacifist" nonsense has got to stop. We just believe that there are right times to go to war, and wrong ones, and that the right ones happen but once every hundred years, not every five or six seconds.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I agree. No intentional foul. At first. The reaction of this administration though has been outright deplorable. Lying and attacking the character of this fallen soldier's family and friends because they chose to go to the media with Trump's faux pas is inexcusable.

It's a pattern that is becoming all to familiar. Trump makes a small mistake. He gets called out on it. He then lies and attacks his accusers. Not only making it into something much bigger than it needs to be but also all about him. I just don't know if it's intentional deflection or just dumb luck on Trump's part. Nobody is talking about why these four men died in NIger. Nobody is talking about why NFL players are taking a knee. Nobody is talking about the situation in Puerto Rico. They're only talking about Trump's reaction to these situations.

So while the initial story may have been caused by a simple mistake on Trump's part the fact that it remains in the news falls squarely on the shoulders of this administration.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: vonclod

I agree. No intentional foul. At first. The reaction of this administration though has been outright deplorable. Lying and attacking the character of this fallen soldier's family and friends because they chose to go to the media with Trump's faux pas is inexcusable.

I know you mean well, but this President is ruthless. Kelly gave him the words to say, at very least the gist of it, and he repeated back to the widow, but those words were not appropriate at all, and I don't care what the hard nuts round here think, their remarks have been disgraceful...does anyone think they would say the same to their mother or sister, or father, in the same circumstance..telling them to get real, I don't think so.

This video was posted on the 20th, Trump talking to widow Natasha De Alencar about her husband, Staff Sgt. Mark R. De Alencar, killed in Afghanistan..totally different, a perfect call..so if he could do that, even off an idiot board, why ask Kelly at all in regard to Mrs Johnson's call? More so, why lie about what he did say and try to put other people down at the same time..why, because he was looking for sympathy once he was catched!...and give the family a 'bad' name for bye..and a chance to give a political dig to the congresswoman, as well making a call to his supporters to echo his 'sentiments' as so aptly demonstrated in a myriad of sly posts here and elsewhere.

No, he's one bad egg..his catch phrase, as I'm sure youv'e seen on video, "Nobody cares, nobody cares"

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What is it good for?

Well, I suppose that it forces us to adapt or die, which makes us stronger and smarter. If not for war, we wouldn't have things like anesthetic surgery and all kinds of advanced medical diagnostic systems and treatments, computers, the Internet, fast and efficient highway systems, massive food production techniques, greater rights for women because of their enhanced earnings capacity, a space program, no Hitler (not counting the Internet Hitlers), rapid worldwide transportation, cheap consumer goods, honor, valor, heroism...

Not that we couldn't have developed this stuff without war, but honestly, we wouldn't have.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join