It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton personally met with Vladimir Putin to get the uranium deal approved

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If you needed any more proof of where the real Russian collusion is, Zero Hedge just provided it.

If President Trump or anyone even remotely close to his presidency, including his best friend from 2nd grade that he hadn't seen in 40 years, sought to meet with key Russian nuclear officials, in Moscow, just months before the federal government approved a very controversial deal handing Vladimir Putin 20% of U.S. uranium reserves, despite an ongoing investigation into Russian fraud, bribery, extortion and money laundering, it would be the only story played on a 24 x 7 loop on CNN and MSNBC.

Ironically, that is exactly what new emails dug up by The Hill show that Bill Clinton did in June 2010, just months before the Uranium One deal was approved by a committee on which his wife, then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, sat. Oh, and did we mention that Bill's Clinton Foundation just happened to collect millions of dollars in bribes donations from Russian sources and Uranium One shareholders shortly after his Moscow meetings?

As he prepared to collect a $500,000 payday in Moscow in 2010, Bill Clinton sought clearance from the State Department to meet with a key board director of the Russian nuclear energy firm Rosatom — which at the time needed the Obama administration’s approval for a controversial uranium deal, government records show.

While we apparently still don't know whether Bill Clinton was ultimately approved to hold those meetings, his team did confirm that he met with Vladimir Putin at his private residence.

I trust the Democrats will be falling over themselves to launch a half-dozen separate investigations of this, right?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Let the cannibalism began.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
How is this “article from 2010” even thread-worthy?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
lol you can almost see the devious gears spinning in Putin's head here...

Caption?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

While I am no fan of the Clinton's, the mere fact he asked for permission before hand should put this story down. If you have intent to do something which could be construed as wrong, you don't ask for permission and ask several times. I will stop short of calling Zero Hedge fake news, they have ZERO credibility with me.

They may use factual information, but they often distort, twist and cleverly manipulate the facts to match their misleading headline which we all know that headlines are how most people get their news and a catchy headline is what gets your bland and otherwise worthless blog noticed by the giant news aggregate Drudge and top billing in searches online.

I will not be surprised if something comes out of this story nor will I be surprised that nothing comes from this whole uranium story. Its not illegal to take a charitable contribution nor is it out of line for a past President to meet a world leader. Just because it looks bad does not mean it is.

I don't believe the Clintons would be so stupid to get caught up in this no more than I believe Trump colluded with Russia as he did not need them to beat Hillary and the Russians did not need Trump. All this fake or distorted junk is doing is maintaining the status qo of division.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I trust the Democrats will be falling over themselves to launch a half-dozen separate investigations of this, right?

In this case I am sure that they will tell us that Vladimir was our friend at that time, and that Bill, Hillary and the rest of the Foundation were only looking out for what was best for our country.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadys321

this article isnt from 2010.... if you cant even read a simple article how can you expect people to take you seriously
edit on 20-10-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Bill Clinton sought clearance from the State Department

I'm assuming he sought and got the clearance.

So why is this an issue?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Uranium.... toxic and deadly, and a pain to store. We have 100 times more than enough. In the future it will go the way of oil.
Devils advocate.
Beyond their Greed, the Clintons unwittingly did us a favor. Now it's storage is the Russians problem.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Bill Clinton sought clearance from the State Department

I'm assuming he sought and got the clearance.

So why is this an issue?

Who was head of the State Department?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

In this case I am sure that they will tell us that Vladimir was our friend at that time, and that Bill, Hillary and the rest of the Foundation were only looking out for what was best for our country.

Oh let me try!

How about Bill Clinton and Vladimir Putin are just minor players meeting.

Now the trump associates were really high powered, and the Russian officials they met were so much more influential and nefarious than Putin.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

While I am no fan of the Clinton's, the mere fact he asked for permission before hand should put this story down. If you have intent to do something which could be construed as wrong, you don't ask for permission and ask several times. I will stop short of calling Zero Hedge fake news, they have ZERO credibility with me.

Did you even read the part that while, "The documents don’t indicate what decision the State Department finally made. But current and former aides to both Clintons told The Hill on Thursday the request to meet the various Russians came from other people, and the ex-president’s aides and State decided in the end not to hold any of the meetings with the Russians on the list. Bill Clinton instead got together with Vladimir Putin at the Russian leader’s private homestead."

So, no he didn't ask permission for the meeting WITH PUTIN HIMSELF that actually occurred!
edit on 20/10/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

He sought clearance to meet with another group of Russians. Then he actually met with Putin himself!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

hrmm.... makes you wonder why Russia would rig the election in Trump's favor since they were on speaking terms with the Clintons.

Maybe they wouldn't play ball.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We have actual documented interactions between Russia and the Clinton's w/ the uranium one deal, and then we have manufactured stories about a Trump/Russian connection, but so many people in this country believe the real threat comes from Trump/Russia.... I truly don't understand the level of ignorance in this country when this type of information is presented to the masses..

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
Bill Clinton instead got together with Vladimir Putin at the Russian leader’s private homestead. So, no he didn't ask permission for the meeting WITH PUTIN HIMSELF that actually occurred!

Bill wasn't a having an actual "meeting, meeting" with Putin, just a little bro-time with buddy Vlad...you know a chance to kick back/take off their shirts, discuss grand kids, golf games and stuff.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The Russians, particularly Vladimir Putin, are opportunists. They are sworn enemies, indiscriminate exploiters, and always have and will do anything and everything they can to exploit any potential to damage our leaders and political system. People like the Clintons being both thoroughly corrupt and powerful make an irresistible target of opportunity.

People try to look at all of this through their partisan filters and often fail to see what's actually going on.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
While we apparently still don't know whether Bill Clinton was ultimately approved to hold those meetings, his team did confirm that he met with Vladimir Putin at his private residence.

Whoa, just pull on the reins a little bit.

How do we know that they weren't just talking about grandkids, golf, and travel plans?

Let's not pull out the Jump To Conclusions Mat.

edit on 20-10-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

Dammit...beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadys321
How is this “article from 2010” even thread-worthy?

It mentions a Clinton and zerohedge is viewed as trustworthy source around here, it's gold to the knuckle draggers here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join