It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress caused the Opioid crisis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I just saw the most amazing 60 minutes show ever Sunday. Turns out big pharma recruited high ranking DEA lawyers and got a bill passed that stripped the DEA of almost all of it's powers to freeze suspect shipments of pain killers. In one instance several MILLION pills were shipped to a tiny town of Kermit in West Virginia. It has a population of less than 3000! It was a sobering how. Senators Tom Marino and Orin Hatch were the main sponsors and each received over $100k from big pharma distribution companies. This was a bipartisan attack on US citizens. To me this is domestic terrorism, especially as Trump has declared a national emergency. I do hope Trump and congress right this abomination, as 200,000 people have died since 2011.

Here is the WAPO article...
www.washingtonpost.com...

I cant find the 60 minutes video, but it was Sunday, 15, October.

Here it is....www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 18-10-2017 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Sooo.... the war on drugs was actually a war on drug dealers. The vacuum created is being filled by 'legal' drug dealers, Big Pharma.

Same thing happened to bootleg liquor, pimps and gambling.

It went from illegal, street level to institutionalized.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Orin Hatch ....why does that name keep coming up in reference to everything bad ?
Tom Marino never heard of but the fact that Trump found out about Marino's taking money from the drug companies and his name for "Drug Czar" was removed.
The swamp runs deep on both sides of the aisle

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
OXYCONTIN is the devil

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I've always said, many of our representatives don't even read the legislation they pass. They have sold their souls to corporate donors, and lobbyists. Anyone who thinks our elected representatives are there to pass legislation to help protect the American people and preserve our rights, is living in la, la land. Congress has caused more than just the Opioid crisis. I'm still waiting for the day Americans say enough is enough and demand an end to lobbying, and money in politics.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.....But Oxy is just that. I am disabled and have been on just about every narcotic pain med you can name. Morphine, Fentanyl, Demerol, etc, etc, etc and Oxy was the most useless, ineffective and addictive one I've ever had.
I tapered off/stopped all meds a while back, with Oxy being the last I was on and I'm still not quite back to 100%. It is taking what seems like forever for my body to ....recalibrate? from all that crap. The thing that makes me the maddest? I'm actually in less pain than I was on all that and any I do have is fairly easily managed with Advil or a hot shower.

Big Pharma is no better than the Cartels who traffic in Cocaine and meth. It just so happens they can get you hooked legally.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

They have done a great deal more than that over the years. The U.S particularly has "Head of the Five Families" control of the opium trade. These semi synthetic opioids depend on the poppy for their production. A certain alkaloid is refined for use in the prescription medication.

Afghanistan and Iraq (since U.S involvement) are great opium producing nations and the U.S has militarily occupied both these nations and set up friendly governments and trading partners. I think one of the main reasons is opium, I really do. Since the U.S came on the scene opium production and trade has sky-rocketed. The profits are huge. The problem is there has to be a victim. The more profit, the more users you need, goes without saying. It is all very ghoulish.

www.globalresearch.ca...

In the course of the last decade, there has been a surge in Afghan opium production. In turn the number of heroin addicts in the US has increased dramatically. Is there a relationship? “There were 189,000 heroin users in the US in 2001, before the US-NATO invasion of Afghanistan. By 2016 that number went up to 4,500,000 (2.5 million heroin addicts and 2 million casual users). Heroin deaths shot up from 1,779 in 2001 to 10,574 in 2014 as Afghan opium poppy fields metastasized from 7,600 hectares in 2001 (when the US-NATO War in Afghanistan began) to 224,000 hectares in 2016. (One hectare equals approximately 2.5 acres). Ironically, the so-called US eradication operation in Afghanistan has cost an estimated $8.5 billion in American taxpayer funds since the US-NATO-Afghan war started in October 2001.” ( See the article by Sibel Edmonds, August 22, 2017)

www.al-monitor.com...

Is Iraq turning into a drug-producing country?

BAGHDAD — A Nov. 23 report by specialized judges revealed the establishment of plants to produce Krystal — the local name of crystal methamphetamine or crystal meth. The findings suggest that Iraq is changing from a corridor for drugs between neighboring countries into a producer of narcotics, taking advantage of poor regulatory procedures on the porous border. Read more: www.al-monitor.com...

Ali’s statements prompted Iraqi parliament's Agricultural Committee to declare Dec. 12 that it will “investigate the information about the cultivation of some crops used for the manufacture of drugs, especially opium in the south of Iraq.” Read more: www.al-monitor.com...

I knew about this from the very start when the U.S went into Afghanistan.

www.khaama.com...

Officials in the ministry of counter-narcotics of Afghanistan announced the annual turnover value of drugs trade in Afghanistan has reached to $70 billion where majority of the opium money goes to international opium smugglers. Deputy of the Afghan counter-narcotics ministry Ibrahim Azhar said Afghan farmers and low level drug smugglers receive only 5% of the total drugs income in Afghanistan.

Where do you think the CIA are in all that? I bet they are "taking care of the Boss's Business".

That is why I look at it all as godfather games. It really is the most fitting metaphor. If they were not controlling the trade somebody else would. Probably better them than any of the other bad guys. If the yobs of the world get hold of that kind of trade and cash without control and monitoring being exercised over them they would bring mayhem to the world.

It's "swings and roundabouts" as the cockney geezers say.

A Victim of the trade! How prophetic.

edit on 18-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
congress may be complicit in the opioid crisis

but the true cause is and always has been the invisible forces within freemasonry
it's been going on for centuries, all the way back to the opium wars in China
many in the banking elite made a fortune from the illegal drugs trade
and they still do

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I mean I still fault the pharma companies themselves for the opiod crisis. Though highlighting the corruption within Congress that streamlined it is also good. Those representatives should step down for the good of the country at this point. I know the one was in line to be the next head of the HHS until this scandal broke too.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

BUT

1 GOD=love (GOD is love)
2 Oxytocin=love (Oxytocin is the "love hormone")

SO
Oxytocin=GOD

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Why do you think Obama and his liberals were in office,they sold out to big pharmacy,major contributor to Democratic party,same as here in California,they own all the corporations

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

One of the problems that opiate substances can cause with long term use, is a decline in the bodies ability to heal itself. This is, obviously, of very serious concern, because most of the people who have to take such a thing on a long term basis, have to do so because the damage they suffer from whatever illness or accident injured them, causes them pain serious enough to consider the use of such drugs. Its a violent and vicious circle.

On the one hand, pain levels so severe as to be in and of themselves debilitating, need to be addressed, without question. However, applying a substance which will slow down the bodies healing of the damage done to it by accident or illness, does not make a vast amount of sense either. Its a catch 22, and a horrid one.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

This thread and this thread need to team up. Clearly Congress not only helped cause the opiate crisis, they are now looking to extend it by recriminalizing the solution to the problem, pot, again.
edit on 18-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Orin Hatch ....why does that name keep coming up in reference to everything bad ?
Tom Marino never heard of but the fact that Trump found out about Marino's taking money from the drug companies and his name for "Drug Czar" was removed.
The swamp runs deep on both sides of the aisle

Cause MORMO asks they keep their underwear clean but the dirty little idle hands diggin for one true CULT Church!

Orrin Hatch...nah he wouldn't be trying to break this country to build it in the MORMON image? Or payback for those ancestors would he???

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.....But Oxy is just that. I am disabled and have been on just about every narcotic pain med you can name. Morphine, Fentanyl, Demerol, etc, etc, etc and Oxy was the most useless, ineffective and addictive one I've ever had.
I tapered off/stopped all meds a while back, with Oxy being the last I was on and I'm still not quite back to 100%. It is taking what seems like forever for my body to ....recalibrate? from all that crap. The thing that makes me the maddest? I'm actually in less pain than I was on all that and any I do have is fairly easily managed with Advil or a hot shower.

Big Pharma is no better than the Cartels who traffic in Cocaine and meth. It just so happens they can get you hooked legally.

I've never been an addict or taken pain killers for an extended time. But i can attest to this. Narcotic pain relief is rarely really needed. Maybe with extreme pain from teeth or traumatic injury, maybe inflammatory pain like arthritis (while you wait for biologics to do their trick). And the occasional acute/breakout pain. But even then, one or two doses can get it under control so OTC pain relievers can be useful.

There is plenty of blame to go around for this problem. We've just found another person to blame is all.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

As a young man [ 20 ] I was an underground coal miner, was crushed, causing massive damage to my left leg, left hip, right arm, left ankle... then at 32, I had a Cage fusion of my spine. Each time, I just went back to work after healing. I was doing more damage than even I thought.
Fast forward to about 42 and the pain would not let me work, so I applied for SS disabilty. Since then, I have been under the care of several Drs, all agreeing that I'd done massive damage to joints and spine, so...pain meds.
What truly bothers me is this : Since I stopped taking all that, I am not really in great pain. Over a decade ago, I was in so much pain just getting out of bed was a whole new daily adventure.
What has changed?
WHY am I not in pain, now?
Has my body slowly healed over such a long time or... has there been so much nerve damage or changes to the pain receptors in my brain that I can no longer feel it?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Its not just Pharma, people buy opioids on the street. I take Oxys for extreme pain, I get 120 pills per month which I have to jump through hoops now to get, legally. My 10/325 pills have a street value of $10 per pill. Most of the deaths are not caused by prescribed medication, but from people getting the drugs on the street. The Opioid "epidemic" is not just because of prescribed medication, Heroin and synthetic fentanyl make up a huge portion of that. That is where the problem really is, yet whenever its talked about somehow legally prescribed medication gets thrown into that.

Every time I get my meds filled, I have to see my dr, get a physical prescription which will not be filled if its too soon. If I go to another Dr. for a narcotic prescription and try to fill it, its all in a national data base, and I can be banned from purchasing the meds. I also get random drug tests at my pain management dr, to make sure I am legitimate.

I need my medication, I think its ridiculous that soon it will be easier to get my meds on the freaking street.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall
That's because the pharmaceutical companies have been proven to have enlisted shady doctors through kick backs to write scripts for these drugs with minimal health investigations involved. Pfizer kickback case. That was for Bextra, also a painkiller.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So Congress convinces people whose purpose in life is the search for a buzz to start taking these drugs.

Given there are some who fall to this due to injury but a large portion are people who are in search of a high.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When the Hell are people ever going to have self-discipline. I have severe pain from two failed spinal fusions, and have had to take pain meds to just be able to keep from putting a bullet in my head, because of the pain.

In the over 10 years I have taken Oxycodone, I have NEVER abused it in any way. It has helped me to have a somewhat normal life.

Thanks to the Ass Heads in this world that take it for pleasure, not for pain, people like me that really need it to function, have to suffer, because of the massive cutbacks in the amount that Pain Drs .will prescribe.

Yes, there have been a lot of Drs. that would prescribe pain meds to anyone that walked in their office. Shame on them.

When someone from Kentucky can go to Florida, and have their prescriptions filled, these Drs. need to be jailed.

Thanks to all the irresponsible people, that have caused those of us who have self-discipline, to suffer.

There is not an Opioid epidemic, there is a stupidity epidemic in this country. This applies to many aspects of life.

Quit blaming everyone , and everything for your problems. Get some self-discipline, be thankful for all the wonderful things and opportunities you have in this country, and you will be surprised how your life will change for the better.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join