It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Sachs: A Modest Proposal On Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pfft. Go for the fifth's guarantees and end liberty and property without due process.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

If they don't care about one amendment, what makes anyone think they care about any other amendment?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well now, don't pull the third on them. They will start using the guns they want to grab over that...hating the military and all.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If they don't care about one amendment, what makes anyone think they care about any other amendment?

Well, they have already stomped out the 4th amendment at the border (and within 100 miles of it within the United States). Why stop there they think.

Think of the children....

Ahhh, yes, I am thinking of the children. All those children of the future that may never have any opportunity to protect themselves from enemies both foreign and domestic. However, those children cannot vote in a few yearw time, now can they?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What idiot , in their right mind, would put their "arms" in somebody else's "vault"? They haven't uneducated/indoctrinated us, that much! "They", don't even make good poker player's. They'll be beaten on the battlefield handedly. It'll probably be a "first Bull Run"... With a winning, loss.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They don't. These are a lot of the same ones who either riot or defend the people who riot whenever someone gives a paid speech in a private venue and they don't like the ideas they imagine might be expressed to people who pay to hear them.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Extremely well-said

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The concept of "Modest Proposals" has a history.

www.google.ie...

I suspect the"modest proposal" referred to in the OP will be as unsuccessful

Or perhaps forcing the poor to eat their children is next.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is just dumb. Anyway, the problem is with America and its people, not the guns. Well, the guns don't help, but even without the guns the country'd still have worse crime rates than any other comparable nation.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have a modest proposal for Mr. Sachs.

Since protected rights are not absolute, and since he has offended me and actually caused me pain from an allergic reaction to his stoopidity, I propose we surgically sew his lips together to prevent any possible abuse of his first amendment rights. He can always request his lips be temporarily separated should he actually need to speak, after his proposed words are reviewed and found to be acceptable of course.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wish I could give you applause for that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join