It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America-273 mass shootings in 275 days of this year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

Because its not used for self-defence is it, its because you want to play army man.

If I wanted to play Army man, I would've joined the Army. I only own 2 AR-pattern rifles. They are my least shot guns.

I have firearms for target shooting, varmint shooting, and self-defense.

Everyone thinks they are responsible until... oops dead kid. And then you all sigh and go, "not me i'm responsible" and oops another one makes a mistake.

There are no children in my household. When guests come over, all guns are locked up in the safe. The safe is bolted down, kept locked, and camouflaged. When guns are carried off my property, they are not left in cars, and are in proper holsters.

How much more responsible should I be?

Like the OP stated, Kinder Eggs were banned in America because they feared your dumb-ass kids would swallow the toy, yet they seem happy to keep them around guns.

More insults. As stated above, I don't allow children around guns, so your assumption is invalid.

I was raised around guns from about 10 years old. I don't have any extra holes, nor have I put extra holes in anyone else or anything besides a target.

You have more chance of injuring your own family than ever preventing a crime by having a gun in your home. Fact. You are putting your residents lives at risks.

My household members are all trained in gun handling and rules, and safety is strictly observed.

This whole "never me" denial BS is the problem.

I won't say "never me", but I will say that I am as responsible a gun owner as you will ever see.

So again I ask, why should my rights be abridged, and my property forfeited/seized due to actions of others beyond my control?

Am I guilty of committing a crime?

Am I to be denied my due process?

Oh thats great, your very safe. I'm sure all mass murders were very protective and secretive about their own guns before they decided to take them out the house.

I feel i'd be pretty responsible with a nuclear weapon, maybe I should move to your neighbourhood and keep one in my basement. For stress-relief... yeah, i'll keep it bolted down. Until you, know I feel threatened or just p1ssed off.

How does this concept go over your heads.

Why on earth should I believe what you've written? I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the concept of... lying? Ring any bells.

If on purchase of your weapons someone audited how you kept and secured your guns it would be a different story but basically you want everyone to believe you are different and responsible... because you say so.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: BlackSkinhead

Because only the law abiding people will follow the laws.
The bad guys will always find what they need to do bad things.
To take away the law abiding citizens right to defend themselves against the bad guy with a gun will only ensure the bad guy wins.

How do you think the other countries survive? Open your eyes, the NRA has force-fed you this BS and you follow it. Guns aren't making you safer. Look around you.

I am not a member or constant reader of anything guns. I own no guns. But with all the bad guys killing people with guns, I may just have to purchase one.

You need to open your eyes. It is not the law abiding citizens who are doing any of this crap. It is the one's who get their feelings hurt and don't know how to cope with reality.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Does it ever occur to you that irresponsible gun owners are at some point responsible gun owners?

Don't want to burst your bubble.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

To take away the law abiding citizens right to defend themselves against the bad guy with a gun will only ensure the bad guy wins.

How do you think the other countries survive? Open your eyes, the NRA has force-fed you this BS and you follow it. Guns aren't making you safer. Look around you.

I am not a member or constant reader of anything guns. I own no guns. But with all the bad guys killing people with guns, I may just have to purchase one.

You need to open your eyes. It is not the law abiding citizens who are doing any of this crap. It is the one's who get their feelings hurt and don't know how to cope with reality.

And before they commit those crimes these murderers can also be "law abiding citizens" who decide..."I need to get me a gun for self defence" then.. oops they snap, and how convenient they already have a gun collection.

How can people not understand this simple concept?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Some say that it isn't a big deal that Lil' Kim has gotten the H-bomb.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

SudoNim,

I hope you know that nothing you say or do matters because as the great Bruce Cambell once said "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Fact is I have guns and you don't. So good luck taking guns away. You will need it.
edit on 2-10-2017 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

And before they commit those crimes these murderers can also be "law abiding citizens" who decide..."I need to get me a gun for self defence" then.. oops they snap, and how convenient they already have a gun collection.

How can people not understand this simple concept?

That is why I suggest that people are the problems and guns are a tool. Who knows though. Maybe all knifes should be outlawed also. Your argument seems to be in favor of blaming an inanimate object instead of blaming the people who do theses things.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So... No well-reasoned answers.

Just more hyperbole, paranoia, and accusations of lying.

No wonder that an intelligent discussion on guns never occurs.

When I've committed a crime, demonstrated that I can't responsibly own firearms, or a reasoned argument can be presented as to why I should stop owning firearms, get back to me.

Until then, I'll continue owning and enjoying guns.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Your President thinks otherwise.

Would you be happy that your neighbour had one... as long as he posted on a forum about how careful he is with it?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

SudoNim,

I hope you know that nothing you say or do matters because as the great Bruce Cambell once said "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Fact is I have guns and you don't. So good luck taking guns away. You will need it.

Fact is you are more likely to shoot yourself than anyone else. Good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So... No well-reasoned answers.

Just more hyperbole, paranoia, and accusations of lying.

No wonder that an intelligent discussion on guns never occurs.

When I've committed a crime, demonstrated that I can't responsibly own firearms, or a reasoned argument can be presented as to why I should stop owning firearms, get back to me.

Until then, I'll continue owning and enjoying guns.

So no answer to my post.

Thanks for posting your story, back to your head in the sand you go.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Let me ask you this. If I've never committed a crime, why should I have my rights limited? Why should my Constitutional rights be abridged because of others' actions?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If you don't own a firearm i strongly suggest getting a foid card and firearm. The U.S. has some crazy crap going on. Better be safe than sorry. 99% of the time the police are only good after a crime, and then they may shoot you or your pets if you call them.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Arguing with the average American about how they shouldn't have them is like trying to tell Muslims to eat pork.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Haven't yet. Come take a stroll through my hood shouting your nonsense and lets see which statistic you end up as. I guarantee if you are not armed you will end up in the victim category.
edit on 2-10-2017 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I live in a rural area. It's 15 miles to the edge of the nearest city, which while it isn't large, is one of the murder capitols of my region. There has lately been a rash of armed robberies, shootings, carjackings, and home invasions.

I have to go into that town to shop.

The local law enforcement response averages around 10 minutes. Until they arrive, I am on my own.

There are dangerous animals in my area, such as coyotes and wild boar.

Don't pretend that you understand the average American's need for self-defense.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I live in a rural area. It's 15 miles to the edge of the nearest city, which while it isn't large, is one of the murder capitols of my region. There has lately been a rash of armed robberies, shootings, carjackings, and home invasions.

I have to go into that town to shop.

The local law enforcement response averages around 10 minutes. Until they arrive, I am on my own.

There are dangerous animals in my area, such as coyotes and wild boar.

Don't pretend that you understand the average American's need for self-defense.

I hold my hands up to what you said there mate.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ha, ha........I love questions like this. My response to your question? "Asked and Answered

If you can't, as a country address the institutional racism, the deep political divide, hate for homosexuals and dangerous religious beliefs - then why not try and remove the item that makes it's so much easier to kill a person, the gun.

Because as a country it can't address institutional racism, the deep political divide, hate for homosexuals and dangerous religions beliefs.

You want to live "disarmed" in a place like that?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

a reply to: 3daysgone

Your President thinks otherwise.

Would you be happy that your neighbour had one... as long as he posted on a forum about how careful he is with it?

My neighbor does have one I'm pretty sure since I'm also pretty sure he's an NRA member.

But hey, good news since according to your very next post

Fact is you are more likely to shoot yourself than anyone else. Good luck with that.

He is apparently more likely to shoot himself than he is to shoot me or mine! I I must be pretty safe.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Making guns illegal will do as much to stop murder as making murder illegal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join