It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter movement cannot be sued, U.S. judge rules

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Organizations can be sued. When "the Klan" has been sued, a specific organization with property, assets, etc. is targeted.

Not "the Klan" in the exact same way that "BLM" can't be sued, but a group/corporation that own assets could be.

edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

The KKK is a legitimate organization. Not a social movement.

The judge made sure to mention that and it was highlighted in the article.

In this case the perpetrator themselves would be needed sought out for damages

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I mean their names? You can say anything about them as individuals but proof is needed.

They're well known for flipping out on people.

I knew what you mean. Do you have proof that everyone was responsible for the injuries?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This can lead to the other given time. Neither group can be reasoned with.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ah, so the Tea Party could put masks on, and start exterminating BLM groups?

If they're unidentified, and hide behind their logo, they're not responsible, and can't be sued by the family?

Fabulous!

'cuz you know BLM will take the judges ruling and run with it!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Applying the RICO ACT would sort em out quite quickly. RICO would track who is funding them and heads would roll. Same thing should be applied to ANTIFA! The leaders of this nonsense are being paid and paid well.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So if they block the freeway and cause an accident or someone to get fired, I guess they're just screwed.

link   

You're right.

However, is this what we want in a free society?

link   
a reply to: JinMI

You're phrasing it very carefully yet still in a pejorative way.

There is no "BLACK LIVES MATTER" corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, LLC, etc.

Thus there is no "legitimate" entity with assets to sue.

But your way, you get to apply the double-entendre which probably just tickles you silly.

SMH.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I mean their names? You can say anything about them as individuals but proof is needed.

I knew what you mean. Do you have proof that everyone was responsible for the injuries?

Generally, in an organized group like BLM if one member is accused the rest always stand up for the others who 'did' the violent act, whatever it might be. Like gangs do.

And in an Organized Group, as in the Civilians world, guilt by association.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's quite simple. The Republican Party, the NRA, the KKK, Antifa, or any other organization can not be held responsible for the individual acts of their members unless there is evidence to show that the organization in some way order, supported, or encouraged the action. It is doubtful that this officer had that type of evidence. I think it is also likely that this officer's injuries would be covered by worker's comp and therefore not subject to suit either.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Applying the RICO ACT would sort em out quite quickly. RICO would track who is funding them and heads would roll. Same thing should be applied to ANTIFA! The leaders of this nonsense are being paid and paid well.

Actually, that's a very valid point, but you may know that RICO charges require massive amounts of evidence.

Of course, if you are correct, and there is a unified shadowy group led by G. Soros in charge, that will be possible to prove in time.

As it is, "BLM" is a concept not an entity.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You see my post on the previous page? I used the same verbiage.

I guess we can shake our heads together in contempt the. I've no idea what your talking about:

But your way, you get to apply the double-entendre which probably just tickles you silly. SMH.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Generally, in an organized group like BLM if one member is accused the rest always stand up for the others who 'did' the violent act, whatever it might be. Like gangs do.

As I have stated there are many innocent BLM members. Many are not associated with criminals and thugs. As others have stated BLM is not some kind of corporation that can be sued. So if the BLM managed to be successfully sued, who would be punished? Who would be paying for the damages?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

to both of those answers.

It is nonsense. And the scum behind these organized events are going to try using the twisted new liberalism's to further their nonsense onto us. The slaves. They won't stop until their final goal is met guaranteed.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Gryphon66

You see my post on the previous page? I used the same verbiage.

I guess we can shake our heads together in contempt the. I've no idea what your talking about:

But your way, you get to apply the double-entendre which probably just tickles you silly. SMH.

Of course. Like I said, I appreciate it. It's shows writing skill that will mostly go unappreciated around here.

Credit where credit is due, unless you really don't understand that by saying "BLM is not legitimate" you're actually saying a) there's no unified legal entity called "BLM" and b) the BLM movement is illegitimate, baseless, questionable, etc.

Perhaps I'm giving you too much credit?

edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

As much as I think the left are a group of violent Marxists bent on world domination, the individuals within who actually commit acts of violence are the ones who should be prosecuted.

Charles Manson would love you for that.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

As I have stated there are many innocent BLM members. Many are not associated with criminals and thugs. As others have stated BLM is not some kind of corporation that can be sued. So if the BLM managed to be successfully sued, who would be punished? Who would be paying for the damages?

OK.

So if these BLM Members are so innocent, what are they doing in an Organized group of thug minded and known for their violence, group like BLM?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Punish those thugs. Simple.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're right.

However, is this what we want in a free society?

No. But unfortunate circumstances have led us down this darkened path. I could go back further, but I won't. I'll lay before you the race baiting ex president for fueling the first were seeing now. Along with people like Soros. People with lots money. People well known for toppling monetary systems around the world for personal gain.
edit on 28-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join