It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promoters of pop concerts, other events may ditch Malaysia as hard-line Islam gets a grip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Organizers of pop concerts and some other big events are increasingly wary of including Malaysia on their itineraries, as the cancellation of a beer festival due to take place next month highlighted growing intolerance toward activities regarded as insulting to Islam by some Muslim groups.

The promoters say that international music stars, especially those known for risqué lyrics or revealing clothing, are unlikely to be brought to Malaysia as part of regional or global tours. The same goes for any gatherings that could in any way be deemed un-Islamic.
United Nations Special Rapporteur Karima Bennoune in her report last week expressed deep concern at the level of involvement of religious authorities in policy decisions.

She said some Malaysians have expressed concern about a growing Islamisation, which represented a “significant break with the past”.

Promoters of pop concerts, other events may ditch Malaysia as hard-line Islam gets a grip

They say that,

The impact of religious fundamentalism isn’t just about Malaysia’s image to the outside world. It also gnaws away at the country’s multicultural and pluralistic fabric.

About 40 percent of Malaysia’s population is non-Muslim, including Christians, Buddhists and Hindus.

Is this the beginning of an Islamacized take over. Where does it end? And just how much more 'Tolerant' will the Civilized World be before this becomes the norm?
edit on 28-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

tolerance without purity is ungodliness. the civilized world new this once.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Reason #1,234,567 for eliminating radical Islamic cockroaches.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yet Beyonce and Mariah gave quaddafi's family a private concert a few years ago.
Didn't seem to bother that sunni..

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Good timing..

The Malaysian F1 race is on this weekend.....actually right now is practice.

There will be lots of alcohol consumption, wild sex and debauchery by all those White fellas from Aust and Europe happening........

Not to mention all the million of $$ brought into the country.

I wonder if the Muslim Native ban on Concerts is only for the Natives who attend?

I understand Malaysia is made up of quite a few different ethnic peoples, like Singapore.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yeah I remember. You know those guys have different rules for their lap dogs and sheep.

As the Motto goes: Do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Reason #1,234,567 for eliminating radical Islamic cockroaches.

Radical Islam is like a cancer, without a cure there is no stopping it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

solved : Malaysian government is a Muslim one, keep western events out. don't try to influence them. leave them out of whatever nonsense we celebrate.... don't 'free them'

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

solved : Malaysian government is a Muslim one, keep western events out. don't try to influence them. leave them out of whatever nonsense we celebrate.... don't 'free them'

Im not sure that's altogether the right approach to a concerning problem. Concerning to the non Muslim population. Their rights and freedoms are being stolen from under them.

Prime Minister Najib has projected a global image of a moderate Muslim leader and has widely promoted himself as a key player in the fight against Islamic extremism.In a meeting with U.S. President Donald Trump last month, Najib said Malaysia is a partner in America’s fight against the Islamic State, and it will be a key player in promoting moderate Islam.

He has been largely silent during a series of recent religion-related incidents in Malaysia.

He did, though, comment this week after the owner of a laundromat in southern Malaysia apologized for barring non-Muslim users, a ban that had gone viral on social media and triggered condemnations by community leaders, including the Sultan of Johor.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Why? Islam is so super cool and accepting.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I know. A cult after my own heart.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

So what you going to do about it?

That's what I thought.
edit on 29-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

What do you mean?

That's what I thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Guess I didn't wait long enough for a reply, my bad..but seriously what are you going to do about it? or is this just another bash thread..plenty here already.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

How is informing the world a bunch of bully jihad cultists gone rank, bashing?

What about the people forced to live with it? What about their rights and freedoms? Or should the bully pushing jihads get their way because they're the ones yelling the loudest?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Well what do you suggest be done?
I'm just getting tired of this sh#t..I'll worry about my own back yard.
edit on 29-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I understand that. But their back yards spill over onto ours, and that affects us too.

It's easy to tun a blind eye for so long, but not forever.

Time and events in history have this uncanny way of catching up to you. If we refuse to learn from the past, we never will.

As for what to do about it? Lots, however I don't have a seat on the UN. And little to no influence by myself. Im just the spark. It would take a lot more to create a bang. So until then, I wait.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Malaysia has a muslim majority, 61.3% (2010) islam, 19.8% Buddhism and the rest Christian and traditional Chinese religions.

If the news (if you can call it that) in the op bothers YOU so much why don't you go to Malaysia and tell them what you think.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm not really trying to be a dick but everyone knows that radical islam is a problem..one thing for sure..meddling in other countries is seldom rewarding.
The U.N. is a waste of time unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

In general, radical anything is a problem. Anywhere.
edit on 9/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join