It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you know about brain chipping

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
My husband is a staff member on a research study that inserts the equivalent of a "pace maker" into the brain to treat advanced cases of depression.

I'm not aware that bestows any ability to "control" the subject however.

Just for edification purposes, where is the power supply located and what is it's rough size? I think people would be surprised what's required.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Gryphon66

Who knows what new flavours are around the corner?

The could even be electronic chips for your hungry robots.

GROAN.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My husband is a staff member on a research study that inserts the equivalent of a "pace maker" into the brain to treat advanced cases of depression.

I'm not aware that bestows any ability to "control" the subject however.

Just for edification purposes, where is the power supply located and what is it's rough size? I think people would be surprised what's required.

The power supply is external (to the brain, it's kind of underneath the collar bone) and about the size of an old pager if I understand correctly. I misspoke a bit by being too general because I don't pay enough attention.) All that's really injected into the brain are two wires/probes. (through the top of the cranium).

ETA: Far better description than I've provided.

The DBS system consists of three components:
The lead- (also called an electrode)—a thin, insulated wire—is inserted through a small opening in the skull and implanted in the brain. The tip of the electrode is positioned within the targeted brain area.
The extension- is an insulated wire that is passed under the skin of the head, neck, and shoulder, connecting the lead to the neurostimulator.
The neurostimulator- (the "battery pack") is the third component and is usually implanted under the skin near the collarbone. In some cases it may be implanted lower in the chest or under the skin over the abdomen.

Similar equipment is used to treat Parkinsons

My partner's group is studying the use of the same technology focused in a different brain area to treat depression.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

The brain is a very complex organ. Depending in where the chip was placed and what it did to the brain would determine any outward behaviors.

The cerebellum vs the cerebrum vs the amygdala vs the temporal/occipital/frontal/parietal lobes are areas that do different things.

In the chip suppressing or enhancing axonal communication? What are the effects on dendritic outgrowths?

Is the chip influencing dopamine levels? How and how is it regulated?

Is myelination factored into the chip function.

What is the MW (molecular weight) of the influencing agents emitted from the chip?

Is it even chemical, organic/inorganic, or electrical?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Wow, so you're saying an actual power supply is needed to power something? I never would have guessed.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I may have used passive incorrectly. I mean in the same fashion that the RFID chips in pet implants work. They are activated when a certain EM frequency is passed over them, and emit a serial number. With incredibly short range. Hence the range comment I made. But if it were modified to use a broader range of EM frequencies as a low-level power source (Yeah, I know it's a stretch, just thinking aloud) and could record as well as transmit data, they could at least have a minimal level of functionality. As to practicality, I can't really think of any immediate use.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I read your whole post waiting for the punchline.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Who knows what new flavours are around the corner?

The could even be electronic chips for your hungry robots.

GROAN.

Could be worse.

They could be continuous chips. They're like Pringles.

Or segmental chips. Those ones are just lots of little bits. Good for lasagna topping.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

The Original Poster, from what I can gather, is not talking about a low tech device like the chips implanted into pets (which are under the skin in their necks and not their brains). I think it is more along the lines of brain control woo from a distance.

edit on 27-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

I read your whole post waiting for the punchline.

Apologies.

I'll make up for it with a fart joke later.

Again, I'm sorry. What I did was uncalled for.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't make that clear.a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
Just as the title asked I want to know about brain chips, whio they chip and who's doing the chipping?

There is no need for brain chipping.

Most people are stupid enough and gullible enough that all you have to do is toss a bit of propaganda at them and eventually they will follow suit on their own.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So we're correct if we assume it's the old 'brain control from a distance' theory?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

So you want to know about super advanced mind control chips that no one likely knows about and possibly haven't been invented yet?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yes, though I've never heard of this conspiracy apart from in movies.a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Are celebrities and the elite chipped?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

TRUTH.

A little religion, a little politics, and a a little fear does the trick quite nicely 99% of the time.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yes, though I've never heard of this conspiracy apart from in movies.

Me neither. It's all new to me as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I gathered that much. I was just spitballing.
edit on 27-9-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Are celebrities and the elite chipped?

Only elite celebrities.

Like Carlos Mencia and Who is Andre the Giant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join