It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunderland Grandmother Educates EU Remainers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
We should respect our elders. They didn't get old by making the wrong choices. They have experience we don't have. We should listen.

If your hearing is muffled by your hoodie and half your brain is in your smartphone you may have difficulty assessing what is relevant.

Here she is.

Sunderland Grandmother making sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

A true snapshot of the world today.
The young man didn't bother to put his smartphone away for two minutes to talk to the 70 year old woman.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sure would be nice if you could give us a little information about what's going on in the video, since not all of us can watch it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Alternatively.

Random old women shouts about the Germans.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Always makes me laugh, when I hear the phrase coming from someone

at, or fresh out of uni "They should not be allowed to vote, Its our

future they are taking away."

Without the sacrifices of the generation they are complaining about they

would not be where they are AND without experiencing life (they are only

after all on the threshold of life) .... So WHAT precisely are they (the youth)

making their judgments/comparisons with??

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So if another woman of the same age walks up and expresses a point of view that is contrary to this woman's, are you going to change your view?

"Grandmother schools grandmother"
"Battle of the Grandmothers"
"Grandmother shuts down grandmother"
"Grandmother red pills grandmother"
"Grandmother DESTROYS cuck grandmother"
"BASED PATRIOT GRANDMOTHER eviscerates globalist shill grandmother! MUST SEE!"

It's absurd that people actually believe that YouTube videos of random people talking, cherry picked by uploaders to bolster the preexisting opinions of viewers, actually prove anything about anything.

Congratulations folks, you've figured out how to reinforce your worldviews with YouTube and abject selection bias.
edit on 2017-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

You're getting the stars here.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Americans here can understand her?

I have to put my best southern accent on just to be comprehensible. Haha.

Anyways, she's wrong it's a mega bloc that dictates to us not the Germans. Then I wouldn't exactly say it's dictatorship. Most of the laws we must follow are based around fair economic laws, protection of ecosystems and human rights. The little people were treated better by EU civil rights.

That being said I voted to leave. Because I know we can do better... That being said we won't be doing better with these divvies in government.

A new British human rights bill.
A British environmental protection bill.
A new economic laws bill.

We need more but let's get the basics in place.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
All this really demonstrates is the poor old dear doesn't understand how the EU works, and she thinks we're still fighting the war.

'We can't do nothing unless we get permission off them [the germans]'

So yes, stupid old lady voted for something because she doesn't understand how it works. Good for her. Great case for Brexit being voted for by idiots I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wouldn't disagree with her.

Notice how sheepish those lads were?

It's not because they're half-arsed, don't let the hoody, bottle of cola or phone distract you... Behind the camera her squad were getting out the rolling pins.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Sadly, Common Sense is no longer common.

These kids should listen, they might just learn something.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure where that lady got her facts from, but she seems to think that the Germans dictate British domestic policies.
Spherical objects. No.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: eletheia

You're getting the stars here.

Well I am a great grandmother, and have voted 17 times and lived through

17 different governments! So I suppose it could be said I have had plenty of

actual experience

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
All this really demonstrates is the poor old dear doesn't understand how the EU works, and she thinks we're still fighting the war.

So yes, stupid old lady voted for something because she doesn't understand how it works. Good for her. Great case for Brexit being voted for by idiots I'm afraid.

To put it bluntly.... you among others may not know or remember relatives

fathers, grandfathers, uncles, cousins, that fought and died to

preserve your freedom from German oppression, to remain a

sovereign independent country.

There are many ways to skin a cat ...... It is Germany followed by France

that lay down the EU agenda, I dont see any of the smaller members have

much say in what goes on with EU diktats.

*Thomas Campbell, Hallowed Ground*

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. / At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them."

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Alternatively.

Random old women shouts about the Germans.

She's just being a bigot, and while she may be knocking on, she's not so old looking. Jingoism at it's best!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sorry but I've never heard so much rubbish. Typical boomer generation talking about other people who fought in the war whilst she lived through the economic prosperity that came after. Many people who actually fought in the war have stated opposite views and may even be quite annoyed that someone from the younger generation feels she can speak for them.

Respect for elders is fine (I work in Older Adults mental health) but you don't respect someone just because of their age, respect is earned no matter who you are. Patronising people on the street is not the way you would earn my respect.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Painterz

There are many ways to skin a cat ...... It is Germany followed by France

that lay down the EU agenda, I dont see any of the smaller members have

much say in what goes on with EU diktats.

Every country is represented in EU measures, ironically Nigel Farage didn't represent anyone since he was hardly ever there, while still taking his hundred grand a year...which he still does.
As for that woman, I'm probably near as old as her, and she could not be more different in outlook as me. She's talking rubbish, and with people like her, the world is going nowhere, as will be the UK if this BREXIT is not sorted well and good, and that's a big task for any government. 'Educate' as the blurb says, she does not.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

In many ways we are? like I said there are more ways to skin a cat ....

Many of the EU nations want to curb their immigration quotas but

Angela Merkle (German no less) refuses to allow them too, It was

her that said "Let them come we will take them all" I dont believe

the other countries were consulted.

So much for freedom !!!

'Educate' as the blurb says, she does not.

Educate

She should be so lucky .... probably had to leave school at 15 yrs

and get a job.
She might not be educated but she has life's experience

which many of those young 'educated' dont!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Old age does not equate to intelligence. You can be young and stupid but you can be old and stupid also. Let Ms May work us toward Brexit. Negotiate with the rest of the world to get us a better deal than Europe.
Yeah, like a snowball in hells chance. Our greatest ally the US has just shafted us over Bombardier.
So much for new deals outside of Europe.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22706937]eletheia

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: [post=22706937]eletheia
In many ways we are? like I said there are more ways to skin a cat ....

Many of the EU nations want to curb their immigration quotas but

Angela Merkle (German no less) refuses to allow them too, It was

her that said "Let them come we will take them all" I dont believe

the other countries were consulted.

So much for freedom !!!

Now your'e showing your age..I never said that, nor would I as it doesn't really apply, as she doesn't look that old, and doesn't look so poor either, she's a bigot using history for today. Perhaps the irony is, she sounds more Nazi that today's Germany.

Now here is a little info how the EU works,

' The European Commission has the initiative to propose legislation. During the ordinary legislative procedure, the Council (which are ministers from member state governments) and the European Parliament (elected by citizens) can make amendments and must give their consent for laws to pass. The Commission oversees departments and various agencies that execute or enforce EU law. The "European Council" '

The thing is, all the individual EU participating governments are party to agreeing to all that the EU does at the end of the day, rules, regulations and law. The individual countries may want differing things, or changes, that would be something that needs to be considered by everybody. You don't hear that so much from Boris or pretty much any UK minister...because they are part of it. So they just do double speak instead...just so's you can wave the flag..or whatever.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

join